Weight Weenies
* FAQ    * Search    * Trending Topics
* Login   * Register
HOME Listings Blog NEW Galleries NEW FAQ Contact About Impressum
It is currently Fri Nov 24, 2017 2:16 pm

All times are UTC+01:00

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 73 posts ]  Go to page Previous 1 2 3 4 5 Next
PostPosted: Thu Mar 23, 2017 6:40 am 

Did 4iiii answer you yet?

PostPosted: Thu Mar 23, 2017 3:05 pm 

I've got no news, they did say they are one week behind till they can work on mine. They received it Friday or Monday can't remember. So I should hear back soon.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Posted: Thu Mar 23, 2017 3:05 pm 

PostPosted: Thu Mar 23, 2017 4:36 pm 

Ok I went ahead and put a call into 4iiii to see what the difference is between crank arms and get an update on mine.

They can do any of the crank arms that are "hollowgram" they just cannot do the ones that are labeled "Si"

Jerold the tech support went into detail between the two, I will keep it short. The normal "si" crank arms were forged and therefore making the crank arms, thick enough to where their power meter was rubbing against the frame.

The Hollowgram, being that is 2 separate pieces put together, they made it HAIR thinner to where they are able to mount their power meter to it.

So any of the arms that say Hollowgram, should be good to go, if it does not say hollowgram, they cannot do it.

Mine is in production and I should be getting an email confirmation on delivery date very soon. (pumped)!

Hope this helps.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 23, 2017 5:19 pm 

Ok, so it's their wording that is confusing. The solid forged arms I usually see called cannondale si arms. They are the ones that came with my 105 bike. Hollowgrams si are just that, hollow, I wish they would have been more clear on their descriptions. Thanks for sharing the response. I now have another option to look at other than stages so I can keep my spidering.
I still find it odd that my cadence sensor fit on both arms and looks to be the same size as the 4iiii unit.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 04, 2017 2:53 pm 

Any recent updates? Wheel choice made yet? After a couple hundred miles on mine in the first week I bet your going to love it!!

:)

PostPosted: Tue Apr 04, 2017 3:05 pm 

Not much, I bought the hylix carbon seat post and that specialized s works seat, to find out that specialized uses only oval shape rails on their saddles and that seatpost only comes with a round bracket. So my choices were to either wait till they came out with an oval bracket, which they said would be a few week. Or pick out another saddle.

So I ordered the specialized power saddle in a titanium rail. Waiting for that to come in. Other then that, no wheel choice still. I'll most likely going to install my current carbon wheels on it. Get some clincher alloys for my other bike.

Been a bit lazy putting it all together since I can't ride it without a seat anyway.

So hoping this week I should have it all together when the new seat arrives.

Glad your loving the bike, All figment adjustments done? Comfortable on the bike?

I bought a few stems in case I need to make some adjustments. Going from my relax fit to this, I think it's going to take time to adjust.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 04, 2017 9:28 pm 

raffit78 wrote:
Not much, I bought the hylix carbon seat post and that specialized s works seat, to find out that specialized uses only oval shape rails on their saddles and that seatpost only comes with a round bracket. So my choices were to either wait till they came out with an oval bracket, which they said would be a few week. Or pick out another saddle.

So I ordered the specialized power saddle in a titanium rail. Waiting for that to come in. Other then that, no wheel choice still. I'll most likely going to install my current carbon wheels on it. Get some clincher alloys for my other bike.

Been a bit lazy putting it all together since I can't ride it without a seat anyway.

So hoping this week I should have it all together when the new seat arrives.

Glad your loving the bike, All figment adjustments done? Comfortable on the bike?

I bought a few stems in case I need to make some adjustments. Going from my relax fit to this, I think it's going to take time to adjust.

I have the power pro (titanium rail) saddle on my scott and I love it. I'm pretty comfortable on the CAAD and hve made all the needed adjustments but I might source a 100mm stem and try that because I have my seat as far forward as possible and I feel stretched with the 110 stem I'm currently using.

My Scott CR1 is the newer "endurance" geometry version so it's probably similar to your specialized and for me it wasn't that much of a difference. I do feel the CAAD has a much tighter feel but I wouldn't say it's much stiffer.. I just feel a little more connected to road on the CAAD. I don't know if you noticed my thread but I ordered some 28mm tires.. Ive always wanted to try the fatter 28's and I think I will have enough clearance on the CAAD.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 16, 2017 7:26 am 

She's almost done!

Just need to adjust the front derailleur and I'll take her for a spin!

PostPosted: Sun Apr 16, 2017 12:47 pm 

Wow... she looks awesome! Be sure to give the impressions once dialed in. I'm logging over 200 miles a week on mine and love it!

PostPosted: Mon Apr 17, 2017 4:14 pm 

nice

PostPosted: Tue Apr 18, 2017 1:07 am 

So, I ran into a small hiccup that I thought I can figure out, but I wanted to inform all that might run into the same situation.

The sisl2 comes with a few different spindle sizes. The set that I bought was a 104mm spindle in which is short. I didn't really notice it, installing it. After all together, when I would spin the crank, it just didn't feel buttery smooth. So i took it apart, replaced shims, added shims. I got pretty fed up and didn't know what was up. Thankfully my local LBS works on cannondales all day and I ended up talking to them about it. Few hours later, the call came in, my spindle is 5 mm's short. Causing the arm to bind. So anyone with a 2013+ frame, you are using a 109mm spindle on your caads. 2013- you are on 104mm. Ordered up the new spindle, hopefully I should have it up and going tomorrow.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 19, 2017 4:40 pm 

All caad12 are 109mm spindles because of bb30a having the 73mm shell.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 19, 2017 4:44 pm 

evan326 wrote:
All caad12 are 109mm spindles because of bb30a having the 73mm shell.

correct, unfortunately when I bought the crankset, I wasn't aware of that nor did I ask the seller what size the spindle was. My luck, I got the shorter one. :(

PostPosted: Wed Apr 19, 2017 8:27 pm 

Don't sweat it. Your bike is the one I wanted if I could have afforded. It's beautiful!
When you get up and running, do give us your opinion on the 4iiii.

Posted: Wed Apr 19, 2017 8:27 pm 

PostPosted: Thu Apr 20, 2017 5:06 am 

Had a nice 40 mile ride today, 3k elevation.

Bike is stiff, coming from a Roubaix to this, wow I mean it's tremendously different.

First part of the ride, I wasn't really feeling great, it was windy, every pebble on the road, I felt it.
Haven't been really fitted, bike is a 52cm so out of the saddle, my knees were rubbing against the handlebars. I have other parts I'm going to swap around to start feeling better on the bike.

So different then my Roubaix, this caad feels good and ready to absorb power!

4iiii power meter seems to be right on par with my stages. I carried the same nominal power I normally do. I will keep riding it to see if any changes occur.

The 9100 components are bad ass. I had an ultegra on my roubaix and the difference is noticeable, especially switching between the front gear. It's a good 50% less throw of a shift then the ultegra and much quicker and responsive.

Brakes were excellent. Descending with no issues.

Like I said earlier. Need a few for adjustments but other then that, I'm in love with this work horse.

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 73 posts ]  Go to page Previous 1 2 3 4 5 Next