Caad12 Black Inc. Build

Who are you (no off-topic talk please)

Moderators: MrCurrieinahurry, maxim809, Moderator Team

raffit78

by raffit78

I've been lurking this forum for quite a while, as it is full of great info. To introduce myself, I've been riding road bikes since 2015. Love being on the bike. Currently ride a specialized roubaix. I was one of those guys to walk in to my LBS, with 0 info about road bikes and ended up buying this bike. (Merely picked cause of color). Just being honest.

I knew I wanted to start riding, but did 0 research on what type, how far, main reason to ride.

After being on this forum and lurking, I thought to myself that I would really like to build my next bike ground up. Pick my parts I like and so came this caad12.

I got a killer deal on the frame and couldn't say no.

While I'm still waiting for many of the components, I will start putting up the pics I currently have.

Frame with fork on.

Frame weight alone (with hanger)

Here is the fork, this was with the expander in. (Not cut to size)

Sisl2 crankset (although I have seen other numbers, not sure why mine is quite a few grams more, no bearing)

Kalloy Uno 110mm stem.

Dura ace 9100 front derailleur

Dura ace 9100 brakes

Chinese Cage on eBay (weight weenie referred, thank you)

Sisl2 crank arm

This is all I have so far, 9100 brake levers and rear derailleur should be here next week. I will weight and snap some more pics.

I do live near some mountains, mt baldy, glendora mountain road, crystal lake and quite a bit of my riding will be made on them. I do have some carbon wheels on the roubaix, though I'd like some other wheels for this build. I weight 72kg. Suggestions are great. Not looking for "hill climbing, aero, specific" just something I can depend on descending.

If anyone has suggestions or input, I'm all ears as this is my first ground up build. Certainly excited. While I am getting parts, I'm also trying to buy tools to help me along the way.

Here's a pic of my current Roubaix

Thanks for looking.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Last edited by raffit78 on Wed Mar 08, 2017 1:22 am, edited 1 time in total.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

burglarboycie

by burglarboycie

Welcome to the forum! Very nice frameset you have there and I'm glad to see that's there's a set of hollowgrams and Spidering going on it! Looking forward to seeing this come together. What size frame is it by the way?

FLtrooper

by FLtrooper

Wow... beautiful frameset and nice choice of components!

I'm jealous your fork is 80 grams less then mine and also impressed with how light the crankset is..

:)
:beerchug:

Johnny Rad

by Johnny Rad

burglarboycie wrote:...glad to see that's there's a set of hollowgrams and Spidering going on it!

FLtrooper wrote:...your fork is 80 grams less then mine and also impressed with how light the crankset is..

Agreed! Those cranks have always looked sharp. They're >150g less than a SRAM Red22 crank w/BB.

And the fork coming in at sub-300g is very, very competitive if not near class-leading.

jeffy

by jeffy

i think the black inc comes with the same fork as himod SS

Sizzler

by Sizzler

jeffy wrote:i think the black inc comes with the same fork as himod SS

It must cuz that's really light!

I really like the silver highlights they did on this black inc.

raffit78

by raffit78

Thank you all for the kind replies. The frame is a 52cm.

I wanted to go the Sram red22 route for components for the weight, but the LBS nearby my house told me that, it is a bit different then the shimano i was currently running. So i opted for the 9100 stuff. Just waiting for the parts to come in. I'm really excited. I'm hoping it will be lighter or as light as my Roubaix. with pedals and cages, it sits around 8.3kg. But I'm not sure anymore. I started a spreadsheet like most builds on here and man those grams add up super fast!

dudemanppl

by dudemanppl

PAA deal from Incycle?

raffit78

by raffit78

dudemanppl wrote:PAA deal from Incycle?

I'm not sure what type of a deal they are giving for that program, but it wasn't like a "shop deal" it was just a friend that owed me a little bit of money and instead of cash, he repaid with the frame. :)

dudemanppl

by dudemanppl

Awk, thats an interesting way to get a frame!

raffit78

by raffit78

dudemanppl wrote:Awk, thats an interesting way to get a frame!

Tell me about it! But it worked out. :)

gsindela

by gsindela

Nothing wrong with a Roubaix! I guess you lucked out on your first bike purchase. :)
2015 Storck Scenero G3, Force 22, Ultegra wheels, Zipp AL bars, stem, post

raffit78

by raffit78

gsindela wrote:Nothing wrong with a Roubaix! I guess you lucked out on your first bike purchase. :)

I have nothing else to compare it to. As it's been the only bike I've owned and I will keep till the wheels fall off, it's been good to me, great on short rides, over rough stuff, fondos. Never any back aches, not an aggressive stance bike by any means.

One more update came in the mail. Slam that stem.

garjo

by garjo

Nice frameset, actually your Sisl2 crankset doesn't appear to be so "heavy" like you think, being single weights the following ones:
cranks: 258 gr
spidering: 156 gr
screws: 13 gr
axle: 89 gr
spacers+shims+sheilds: 6 gr
total 522 gr
My 4,93 kg Supersix Evo HM: viewtopic.php?f=10&t=137647&start=30

My 6,22 kg Cannondale R500 1996: viewtopic.php?f=10&t=134364

raffit78

by raffit78

garjo wrote:Nice frameset, actually your Sisl2 crankset doesn't appear to be so "heavy" like you think, being single weights the following ones:
cranks: 258 gr
spidering: 156 gr
screws: 13 gr
axle: 89 gr
spacers+shims+sheilds: 6 gr
total 522 gr

Man it's true, it feels light. I could have sworn I've been seeing some 490 gr range. But no big deal I'm happy!

I really felt a cannondale should have sisl2, looks good and although more expensive, I really like it!

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com