Caad12 Black Inc. Build

Who are you (no off-topic talk please)

Moderators: MrCurrieinahurry, maxim809, Moderator Team

KC

by KC

Beautiful!!! The crank is icing on the cake, this could be sub 6k with some light wheels pretty easy I think. Love those cranks, the ultimate setup

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

raffit78

by raffit78

Few more parts came in, hopefully the rest will be next week.

What are the recommendations of the cutting of the seat post? How many cm below the height line should I cut?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

niklasp

by niklasp

I Guess it depends on who makes the post. On my caad12 c3 post it was 90mm MINIMUM insert. Bought a c2 post and it was 90mm on that one too. 204g so the c2 carbon was a bit heavy even after cutting.

FLtrooper

by FLtrooper

Will you be using clinchers? If so, I'm curious how our CAAD12's compare with weights with yours being shaimano/hollogram and mine being sram.

:)
:beerchug:

raffit78

by raffit78

FLtrooper wrote:Will you be using clinchers? If so, I'm curious how our CAAD12's compare with weights with yours being shaimano/hollogram and mine being sram.

I will be, I have a set of clincher wheels on my roubaix I will be putting on for now, thinking about getting the new mavic open pro. Those look good and seem to be a nice light climbing set. (I can weight them for you if you'd like).

What does yours weight in now?

FLtrooper

by FLtrooper

raffit78 wrote:
FLtrooper wrote:Will you be using clinchers? If so, I'm curious how our CAAD12's compare with weights with yours being shaimano/hollogram and mine being sram.

I will be, I have a set of clincher wheels on my roubaix I will be putting on for now, thinking about getting the new mavic open pro. Those look good and seem to be a nice light climbing set. (I can weight them for you if you'd like).

What does yours weight in now?

Awesome!

I picked my frame up with the last couple of weeks so I'm also waiting on parts to complete my build. Hopefully they will be completed around the same time! My goal is 6.8kg ride ready but if if I play my cards correctly, I should be around 6.3kg on clinchers.

evan326

by evan326

I have the exact same saddle, mine is only one gram less. I love it!
I can't quote it, but I'm pretty sure the minimum insertion is 90mm for the seatpost.

Beaver

by Beaver

raffit78

by raffit78

Quick update as more parts rolled in. I did sent out my crank arm to get the 4iiii power meter installed. They are located in Canada, should have the crank back in 1-2 weeks then I can start putting everything together.

I do need help choosing some light climbing wheels. I would prefer building it. I'm eyeing the mavic pro rims but I don't know if I have patience till July for the release?

Any other suggestions? Something similar?

DA 9100 brake levers

Rear derailleur

greenedgefan

by greenedgefan

4iiii are able to be installed on SiSl crank arms, I'm intrigued now.

FLtrooper

by FLtrooper

Those 9100 parts look sweet and will be perfect on your Black Inc!

I know you wanted to build a set but the R-SYS wheelset Is light and would look great! If your still content on putting together a package.. check out some of the kinlin offerings with November Bikes.

raffit78

by raffit78

greenedgefan wrote:4iiii are able to be installed on SiSl crank arms, I'm intrigued now.

I believe they are able to install them on any crank as long as there is a 10 mm clearance between the crank and the frameset

FLtrooper wrote:Those 9100 parts look sweet and will be perfect on your Black Inc!

I know you wanted to build a set but the R-SYS wheelset Is light and would look great! If your still content on putting together a package.. check out some of the kinlin offerings with November Bikes.

Going to look into this, I appreciate it. The grams add up so fast!

evan326

by evan326

greenedgefan wrote:4iiii are able to be installed on SiSl crank arms, I'm intrigued now.

According to THIS it is just the 2016 and 2017 Si arms that they can't mount to. I'd love to know why though.
This bike is looking to be what I wanted in mine. I wanted a black frame but couldn't find it one in my shop. In the process of going full 9100 too.
Eagerly watching this build

coffeecake

by coffeecake

Eagerly awaiting the final build pics.

I am glad to see the Slam That Stem cover. The stupid stock cone-shaped bearing covers drive me crazy.

niklasp

by niklasp

coffeecake wrote:Eagerly awaiting the final build pics.

I am glad to see the Slam That Stem cover. The stupid stock cone-shaped bearing covers drive me crazy.

... What about ergonomy? :)

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com