Just returned from my initial test flight and all is good. I'm going to ride it "as is" for 1-2 weeks before doing anything drastic like cutting the steerer! Early "ride and fit" thoughts on my Addict SL (keep in mind I'm not a bike reviewer!)
* Bike definitely feels more compliant and comfortable but never plush or mushy on poor tarmac. Maybe it's the 27.2 seatpost vs larger diameter seat tube and ISP of my old bike? Then again, Scott changed the geometry a tiny bit plus it's a different carbon lay-up.
* Bike was buzzy on one stretch of modestly poor road. Odd to be more compliant 95% most of the time, but not always. Maybe this is what "alive" feels like?
* Definitely feels like going with a 100mm stem over my previous 90mm was the right move, as the Lightweight bar indeed has less reach than my previous bar. Phew!
* Lightweight bar may take some getting used to ... feels like there's not much flat space just before the hoods because the bar starts to drop away pretty quickly. Probably much ado about nothing.
* Berk-Composite Lupina seems like a big-time winner. Didn't think any saddle could be better than my time-tested SSM Superleggera, but this might be the one.
* Happily the less expensive prev-gen Red22 crank (black and silver) looks good on my bike - balances nicely with the silver cassette and silver FD. The more expensive current all black Red22 crank wouldn't have looked as nice.
* Aican Bungarus brake cabling may have been cut too short for my EE brakes. Looks short. Can make the front stick closed while on the stand, but not on the road. Front lever feels dead. To do list
* Toe-in brake pads, shorten up the bar tape a bit, evaluate the Aican / EE install and experiment with various saddle to bar drops in preparation for trimming the steerer.
* Start selling off components from my prev bike that didn't get transferred to my new bike. Sad day, but happy day.
* Ride more so I can eat more girl scout cookies - it's that time of year in my town.
* Learn how to ride with power from my Powertap GS hub.
Oh, the bike weight? Looking good. Very good.