Colnago Extreme Power PR82 - Build Photos Page 3

Who are you (no off-topic talk please)

Moderators: MrCurrieinahurry, maxim809, Moderator Team

Mr.Gib

by Mr.Gib

I was able to find a PR82 in excellent shape in my size - 58 traditional.

Build will be Record with black on black Deda Superleggera stem and seatpost. Bars are Fizik Cyranno 00 Bull. Ultimately it must have Bora’s, but I will run my Mavic Ksyrium Pro Carbons until I decide on exactly which Bora’s I want.

However, before I proceed with the build I have a problem. The graphics on the Superleggero seatpost extend down approximately 14 cm from the rails. Unfortunately, given my saddle height I will only have 13 cm of post showing!!! The worst of it is on the drive side where the bright red “Superlegerro” will lose the last r and o behind the seatpost clamp. Non-drive side is less obvious with a bit of the black D in Deda obscured. Currently using a very low profile saddle so no way to gain post there.

Although my perspective for the whole build is very much in the do it right from an aesthetic point of view, I have made peace with the fact that my bars do not match my stem and seatpost, and that they are not classic bend. Perhaps I am not that picky afterall, although these things can be a slippery slope. I'm afraid that before you know it, I'll have Bontrager aero bars on the damn thing. For now, I am very reluctant to give up on the Superleggero stuff because it is beautiful, very light, and most importantly, appropriate for a Colnago, (not to mention the $$ already spent).

My options seem to be:
1. Ride it with some graphics obscured.
2. Completely replace cockpit/seat post with something else.
3. Remove graphic from post.
4. Junk the whole thing and buy a $200 beater from Walmart and ride it with work boots, cutoff jeans, and no shirt.

Regarding removing graphics, there is a thread viewtopic.php?f=3&t=137146 that indicates that the painted on logos on the Superlegerro seatpost are not particularly durable and can be removed with goof off. Can anyone confirm this? An ideal outcome would be to remove the red "Serperlegerro" and leave the black Deda.

What does the collective wisdom of WW's advise?
Last edited by Mr.Gib on Sat Mar 04, 2017 6:11 am, edited 2 times in total.
wheelsONfire wrote: When we ride disc brakes the whole deal of braking is just like a leaving a fart. It happens and then it's over. Nothing planned and nothing to get nervous for.

dudemanppl

by dudemanppl

You're gonna be rubbing for a while (uhh...), but it does come off from the post.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

tids0009

by tids0009

I like option 4. Sounds like great fun!!!

If it was me, as the superleggero bars and stem don't match already due to different finishes on the carbon bars to the alloy stem, I'd get a Colnago carbon seat post. I realize that they are not the lightest option but they look nice, suit the frame and are very durable.

If you don't want to go the Colnago option try removing the 'superleggero' but if you stuff it up you can't sell it and you'd not want it on your bike either so it's a bit of a catch 22.

Mr.Gib

by Mr.Gib

dudemanppl wrote:You're gonna be rubbing for a while (uhh...), but it does come off from the post.

You've done it? What was left of the finish underneath when you were done?
wheelsONfire wrote: When we ride disc brakes the whole deal of braking is just like a leaving a fart. It happens and then it's over. Nothing planned and nothing to get nervous for.

dudemanppl

by dudemanppl

I was the one that originally posted that.. LOL The logos are on top of the clear, so its just satin clear over carbon.

Mr.Gib

by Mr.Gib

Thanks dude - that's encouraging. Yeah the painted logos are really raised up. Looks like they are sitting on top of the clear coat. I caught the bit about how electrical tape even took off some of the Deda logo. I will need to come up with a more gentle masking technique. In the end it should be a better look if I can pull it off.

tk2306

by tk2306

Did the same thing to my deda post. Mine came off extremely easily with Goof-Off. Just let a rag soaked in it sir on the post for 20 second and wipe away. Took me much less than 5 mins.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

dj97223

by dj97223

Just hide the g-e-r-a, then you will be "Superleg".
“If you save your breath I feel a man like you can manage it. And if you don't manage it, you'll die. Only slowly, very slowly, old friend.”

ManekiNico

by ManekiNico

My “debadged” (and cut down) Superleggera seatpost:

IIRC, all I needed was acetone and light rubbing, maybe some Goof Off to finish. Easy peasy.

PS – I debated removing just the red “Superleggera” part of the logo. As you pointed out, however, it’s not a mirror image logo — the black Deda sits high on one side, low on the other. This I could not abide and in the end wiped the whole thing off.
Mom: He was very sickly until he started riding around on that bicycle.
Dad: Yeah... well... now his body’s fine, but his mind is gone.

KB

by KB

i've done it on 2 superleggera posts. neither presented any difficulties. the logo's came off easily. I also think this post goes particularly well with the lugged frames, which is what i have; the Nago Extreme C.

Mr.Gib

by Mr.Gib

ManekiNico wrote:My “debadged” (and cut down) Superleggera seatpost:

IIRC, all I needed was acetone and light rubbing, maybe some Goof Off to finish. Easy peasy.

PS – I debated removing just the red “Superleggera” part of the logo. As you pointed out, however, it’s not a mirror image logo — the black Deda sits high on one side, low on the other. This I could not abide and in the end wiped the whole thing off.

OK done! I like your style ManekiNico. And that is a great weight for a post with such a substantial clamping mechanism.

ManekiNico

by ManekiNico

Mr.Gib wrote:that is a great weight for a post with such a substantial clamping mechanism.

I should point out it's a 27.2 mm diam. post, which helps, and I was able to lop nearly 11 cm off the bottom.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Mom: He was very sickly until he started riding around on that bicycle.
Dad: Yeah... well... now his body’s fine, but his mind is gone.

Mr.Gib

by Mr.Gib

In the end I removed all graphics from the non-drive side and left only the stealth black Deda logo on the drive side. I think this will be a good look and will avoid the clash with upside-down, out-of-place logo on the non-drive side. Yes asymmetric, but should be OK.

Like others indicated a very easy removal - I used goof off.. A bit tough to get started but once it got going it was a 10 minute job for both sides.

GonaSovereign

by GonaSovereign

Option #5 would have been to grow longer legs.
Let's see a pic of the bike!

Mr.Gib

by Mr.Gib

Frame arrived - it's pristine. A few very minor scratches but near perfect.

But (and dammit there's always a but...) it arrived without a bottom bracket cable guide!!
How impossible will this little bugger be to obtain?

And also no barrel adjusters for the shifter cable stops. Should these have been included? Easy to get?

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com