Cannondale supersix 5.748 Kg for now..

Who are you (no off-topic talk please)

Moderators: MrCurrieinahurry, maxim809, Moderator Team

craciunptr

by craciunptr

I started with with a razor but it was too slow going. I found my scissors worked a lot better. Took me about 4 hours to strip the frame and I still had paint when I started with the scissors I did the bulk of the forks in 10 minutes. Took 130g of paint off the frame and about 40 off the fork. I added about 30 on the frame and 10 on the forks with a light clearance. Frame is 910 now forks were 380 before cutting the steerer.

DWatkinsBSB

by DWatkinsBSB

Chapeau. I can see by the train station pic you're in the Uk somewhere! Let us know if you'd be willing to do this for money!!!

:thumbup:

:beerchug:

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

deltree

by deltree

DWatkinsBSB wrote:Chapeau. I can see by the train station pic you're in the Uk somewhere! Let us know if you'd be willing to do this for money!!!

:thumbup:

:beerchug:

craciunptr wrote:...The reason I'm not tempted to build it as a roadie is that I live in London and I don't ride out enough.

:wink:

Peter, what hubs/gears are you using for the 4 speed Hummingbirds? Anymore pictures available?

craciunptr

by craciunptr

Haha busted! We are using a new sturmey archer hub, the xrf-4. It starts on direct drive with a 210% range. I find it a great hub for city use with a good gearing distribution. DM me if you want to come for a test ride

jooo

by jooo

You should post some pics of the folder in here: http://weightweenies.starbike.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=122&t=137916 :thumbup:

craciunptr

by craciunptr

Will do, also i am building something quite special and I will make a thread soon. Will keep you posted :D

For reference
This was with a bit of paint sttripped off and FSA BB

craciunptr

by craciunptr

Got it down to 6.3kg with the ebay bar stem combo. 262 g compared to 315. I went on a short ride today and i was afraid it's not stiff enough butit turned out quite comfortable compared to my old set up, as it has a shorter reach.

Old bar combo pic below

Next upgrades it a pair of ciamillo brakes and aerolite pedals. I have stripped the ciamillo as they were powdercoated white and i'm going to anodize them. I am not sure if i can tune them to loose more weight or is that a waste of time ?

Also looking at replacing the chainrings but I'm worried shifting won't be as good anymore, I was looking at stronglight CT2, does anyone have experience with them on a Sram group ?

Petre

petal666

by petal666

Haha, love that scissors work. I use Carbolift but on a budget scissors would work I guess. .

craciunptr

by craciunptr

Have been working on the ciamillo brakes for a while now, finally got the white powder coating off and anodized them black complete weight 198 g :D

Installed them today and also aerolite pedals bringing it down to 6.165 kg

I'm looking to replace the wheelset but I wouldn't like to spend a lot of money. I'm thinking of selling the cosmics and getting something lighter. any suggestions for a lighter replacement ?

RyanH

by RyanH

Reynolds ThirtyTwo are going to be the best balance of performance, weight and cost. You can usually get them for around USD$500 and they weigh 1080g. I've had two sets and have taken them off road too. You want the version with the SLg lip and Cryo brake track.

chefczyk

by chefczyk

RyanH wrote:Reynolds ThirtyTwo are going to be the best balance of performance, weight and cost. You can usually get them for around USD$500 and they weigh 1080g. I've had two sets and have taken them off road too. You want the version with the SLg lip and Cryo brake track.

Where do you find them for $500USD if you do not mind me asking?

RyanH

by RyanH

Patience. I sold mine for $550 I believe. Facebook Online Swap Meet is a good place to look. There's a set on ebay right now for that price. I was contemplating buying those and rebuilding them with Extralite hubs but I don't know how much I actually care to have a light wheelset at the moment. Most of what we go up requires coming down on imperfect tarmac and the Bora 35s with 25mm tires are an ideal compromise for weight and pleasure factor on the descent.

chefczyk

by chefczyk

RyanH wrote:Patience. I sold mine for $550 I believe. Facebook Online Swap Meet is a good place to look. There's a set on ebay right now for that price. I was contemplating buying those and rebuilding them with Extralite hubs but I don't know how much I actually care to have a light wheelset at the moment. Most of what we go up requires coming down on imperfect tarmac and the Bora 35s with 25mm tires are an ideal compromise for weight and pleasure factor on the descent.

Thank you!

craciunptr

by craciunptr

updated now :)

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

by 573

Great work. Did you stay within your £1k budget?