Cannondale SystemSix

Who are you (no off-topic talk please)

Moderators: MrCurrieinahurry, maxim809, Moderator Team

Johnny Rad

by Johnny Rad

Congrats on 6.8kg. Now what?! The WW sickness never subsides...

Food for thought. Do you ride with a computer and mount? Gotta include that in your weight, just like you've done with your two water bottle cages. Maybe reassess your stem / bar combo?! The quest never ends...

Seems like 2x lighter tubes (latex?), seat post clamp and cabling might be the next logical options.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

Sizzler

by Sizzler

Thanks, Johnny Rad! Actually, I don't use a computer, just ride and race au natural. Also, doubt I'll find tubes lighter than 54g that aren't made of tissue paper, but I get what you're saying. I'll probably do some small things here and there to keep it real.
Last edited by Sizzler on Thu Mar 16, 2017 6:23 am, edited 1 time in total.

Johnny Rad

by Johnny Rad

Sizzler wrote:Actually, I don't use a computer, just ride and race au natural.

Oh, the horror! Does not compute! :thumbup:

Slightly off-topic:

To be honest, getting all the "necessary" accessories together takes longer to finally get on the road. Makes me want to just ride "au natural!"
* Get dressed. Get undressed because you forgot the HR strap. Get dressed again.
* Put on headband. Strap on helmet and slide glasses into vents. Bend over to get stuff and have glasses fall out - repeat many times.
* Put on bike shoes. Take off shoes to go back into house to get water bottles. Put shoes back on.
* Get headphones and cell phone situated through helmet straps.
* Pump up both tires because latex rolls so much faster and loses so much air overnight.
* Turn on rear blinky. See if it's bright enough. Replace battery, if necessary.
* Turn on computer and wait for it to boot. Check battery status. Check eTap battery status on Garmin.
* Attempt to leave house, but realize water bottles aren't on the bike.
* Etc. Etc. Etc.

On-topic:
* Comprehensive build list! Thanks for sharing. Yup, you nailed some of the lightest tubes, tires and QRs already.
* There's weight to be saved in the headset / top (maybe 50g for $$), seatpost clamp (15g for $), saddle (upto 50g but $$-$$$), stem (50g for $$), bar (70g for $$-$$$), cages (15g for $-$$), hard to know on cables but probably another solid option and Veloplugs over tape (20g for $). Call it ~270g or .6lbs and me thinks you're just getting started!
Last edited by Johnny Rad on Sun Mar 12, 2017 3:25 pm, edited 2 times in total.

KCookie

by KCookie

To be honest, getting all the "necessary" accessories together takes longer to finally get on the road. Makes me want to just ride "au natural!"
* Get dressed. Get undressed because you forgot the HR strap. Get dressed again.
* Put on headband. Strap on helmet and slide glasses into vents. Bend over to get stuff and have glasses fall out - repeat many times.
* Put on bike shoes. Take off shoes to go back into house of water bottles. Put shoes back on.
* Get headphones and cell phone situated through helmet straps.
* Pump up both tires because latex rolls so much faster and loses so much air overnight.
* Turn on rear blinky. See if it's bright enough. Replace battery, if necessary.
* Turn on computer and wait for it to boot. Check battery status.
* Attempt to leave house, but realize water bottles aren't on the bike.

Yep we've all been there, that's why I run 4 times a week and ride once a week, put on trainers,shorts and t- shirt and run, quick and easy. Lol. :)

DJT21

by DJT21

Aesthetically, the Pro stem -10 degree is an almost perfect match to the angle of the top tube on a Cannondale. It's one of the main reasons why this bike looks that much better than most of the other CAADs and the like that get posted on here.

Of course, you could de-logo the stem and bars and swap the seatpost for something made of carbon. The Deda Superzero is about 180g when trimmed to 300mm and it's easy enough to remove the logos from.

Sizzler

by Sizzler

Johnny Rad: I know what you mean. I commute daily and every morning it's a 20 minute ordeal of forgetting my coffee, then my water, then my phone. I finally get outside and it's started raining so back in to put on rain gear and backpack cover. Like KCookie said, that's one of the reasons I started running a couple times a week, but I hate it and it just makes me want to ride, haha! Regarding a computer, I do use strava on my phone, just turn it on and throw it in my jersey. Some years ago, I tried using a speedometer but became so distracted by the numbers that I took it off. I ride based on effort, which a lot of people don't agree with but works for me.

DJT21: Thanks for the comment. I like to sprint so I focused on a stiff build. The the pro-vibe bars and stem aren't light but nobody can accuse them of being too flexy. And the seatpost is just to match, haha!

Sizzler

by Sizzler

Quick update on the weights (attached) and just for fun, I threw on some older Mavic Reflex wheels.

Attachments
Screen Shot 2017-06-09 at 9.18.12 AM.png
Screen Shot 2017-06-09 at 9.18.29 AM.png