Post your English

Who are you (no off-topic talk please)

Moderators: MrCurrieinahurry, maxim809, Moderator Team

JamieL

by JamieL

There's a better gallery here: http://www.englishcycles.com/custombikes/aero-road-di2/

Since then i've swapped in Enve 65s with Tune mig45/mag150 and a zipp vumaquad with Fibre-lyte rings in an attempt to get it below 6.8kg. Didn't quite work out, think the Ultegra Di2 needs to go really.

thp

by thp

spdntrxi wrote:
Grill wrote:Here's mine.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Double like!

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

prendrefeu

by prendrefeu

sugarkane wrote:
prendrefeu wrote:Detail on the frame is stunning, but the cable runs on the installation are wonky.

nice positive spin on the post Prendrefeu.. hows you English going :roll:

I don't have one. I appreciate the frame design from Mr. English and the quality of craftsmanship.
You clearly have a history in which you get wound up when there's even a modicum of valid criticism for your builds, perhaps consider taking note of what people are pointing out as it will only contribute to your already strong resume of results.
Exp001 || Other projects in the works.

sugarkane
in the industry

by sugarkane

:roll: I clearly have a history

And so do you chum....
I don't spend any time picking holes in the bikes other people have posted cause to be honsest that's totally unnecessary and a massive problem on this and most bike forums.. every one knows how to do stuff better than the builder even when dealing with products they have only read about :lol: the cabling is fine.. I could have crossed it all but then you wind up with it rubbing on each other and rattling and I do perfer to set up the bikes I build for regluar use..
So yeah sorry if I take your non constructive criticisms for what they are buddy :beerchug:

godzuki26

by godzuki26

:arrow: BH Ultralight
:arrow: Litespeed Ghisallo
:arrow: Scott Addict Singlespeed

ImageCannondale Evo HiMod
ImageFelt AR FRD

bura

by bura

Knowing SK's history here I am not surprised about the point of the discussion came up to within a topic of a fine bicycle shown. If a bike builder has a self declared "Skunkworks Bikes pride themselves on high performance and customised builds delivered in a timely manner." on his website then he should accept that other forum members (35516 members other than him currently) might spend their time of picking holes in bikes he has built. And that they think different of what might be necessary or worth to mention and "totally unnecessary".
Well you may have learned and/or are learning to make fine bike builds but may have to move forward on your path of learning about good human relations as they might be necessary in customer relations as I was taught.
Want to mention that English is not my native language nor necessarily a bike brand I would want to have.
Kuota Kom Evo
viewtopic.php?f=10&t=111825&p=955235#p955235" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
SOLD

Wingnut

by Wingnut

Well I guess when you get to the top the only way is down... :D

KWalker

by KWalker

Bikes are made to ride, not just look pretty on the internet. There is no "perfect" bike or build and setup choices are often made on the fly based on real world demands or problems. You see this with pro builds all the time when cable routing is done a bit less pretty, but perhaps with better shift performance in mind. A builder should take this in stride and educate their customers or others on why certain choices are made. Otherwise all builds are just social media queens.
Don't take me too seriously. The only person that doesn't hate Froome.
Gramz
Failed Custom Bike

burglarboycie

by burglarboycie

^^ well said.

beeatnik

by beeatnik

Is there a weight limit on the SW English?

KWalker

by KWalker

If there is it has to be pretty high since the build sheet specifies him at over 200lb.
Don't take me too seriously. The only person that doesn't hate Froome.
Gramz
Failed Custom Bike

Wingnut

by Wingnut

Still my favourite...

sugarkane
in the industry

by sugarkane

It's a dam fine machine that one Wingnut. An while I had nice photos taken of my build it was built to ride.. and already have a few paint chips going on. Also I'm not that light and thee is nothing I will break on it which is important given the only Strava KOMs I get are down hill. Lastly Bura and Prendrefeu if you ever want to weigh in with that thing called 'Constructive' criticism some time be my guest, straight up bitchy criticism though.. well it will get a reaction and if I'm correct your not a couple of 13 yo girls on FB :P

Wookski

by Wookski

Don't get upset with the penny-weenies SK, someone needs to fly the "Far east cheap carbon of death" flag on this forum :D remember the age old saying "turkeys will gobble"

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

prendrefeu

by prendrefeu

You seriously get way too wound up sugarkane. You're still on this. Relax, go for a ride, get over it.
Exp001 || Other projects in the works.