Post your English

Who are you (no off-topic talk please)

Moderators: MrCurrieinahurry, maxim809, Moderator Team

nickf

by nickf

Get to start design work on mine sometime in July for a November delivery. The wait is killing me.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

sugarkane
in the industry

by sugarkane

Worth the wait man trust me I think what Rob is Doing in steel is on another level

Sizzler

by Sizzler

I'm not trying to fan any flames here at all, I am genuinely curious what the supposed issue is the with the cable runs? Is it just that left and right shifter cables don't criss-cross? I've done both and prefer running the left and right cables down their respective sides to minimize rub, and crossing cables under the downtube seems redundant to me. But, I'm up for learning something if anyone wants to explain it to me!

By the way, English can ride a bike as well as he builds em. It's not uncommon to see him tearing up the local roads in TT beast mode
Last edited by Sizzler on Fri Mar 03, 2017 7:29 am, edited 2 times in total.

Wookski

by Wookski

prendrefeu wrote:You seriously get way too wound up sugarkane. You're still on this. Relax, go for a ride, get over it.

Gobble gobble

kkibbler

by kkibbler

Sizzler wrote:I'm not trying to fan any flames here at all, I am genuinely curious what the supposed issue is the with the cable runs? Is it just that left and right shifter cables don't criss-cross? I've done both and prefer running the left and right cables down their respective sides to minimize rub, and crossing cables under the downtube seems redundant to me. But, I'm up for learning something if anyone wants to explain it to me!

By the way, English can ride a bike as well as he builds em. It's not uncommon to see him tearing up the local roads in TT beast mode.

The only things that even slightly bothered me were that eeBrakes route nicer with left hand front (obv. personal preference) and the owner's intolerable response to anything but adulation. A business owner really ought to have thicker skin. /shrug

leicaman

by leicaman

leicaman wrote:@sugarkane beautiful looking bike. Saw the saddle on Berk's Instagram post earlier today. How is the saddle? Thinking of getting one for my new build. Will certainly shed some weight off my Brooks c13 cambium

Have you put many miles on the bike yet? If so, how are you finding the saddle? Comfortable on long rides?

Wookski

by Wookski

kkibbler wrote:The only things that even slightly bothered me were that eeBrakes route nicer with left hand front (obv. personal preference) and the owner's intolerable response to anything but adulation. A business owner really ought to have thicker skin. /shrug

Intolerable really? Like having a broad crack at the guy's routing and when pressed clarifying its a matter of personal preference. I think it's time to put it back in your pants.

kkibbler

by kkibbler

Wookski wrote:
kkibbler wrote:The only things that even slightly bothered me were that eeBrakes route nicer with left hand front (obv. personal preference) and the owner's intolerable response to anything but adulation. A business owner really ought to have thicker skin. /shrug

Intolerable really? Like having a broad crack at the guy's routing and when pressed clarifying its a matter of personal preference. I think it's time to put it back in your pants.

I haven't called someone a "13yo girl on FB" since before FB was invented. Just saying. Put what back in my pants, exactly?

sugarkane
in the industry

by sugarkane

leicaman wrote:
leicaman wrote:@sugarkane beautiful looking bike. Saw the saddle on Berk's Instagram post earlier today. How is the saddle? Thinking of getting one for my new build. Will certainly shed some weight off my Brooks c13 cambium

Have you put many miles on the bike yet? If so, how are you finding the saddle? Comfortable on long rides?

I want to replace the saddles on my other bikes with Berks the Lupina saddles are really good. Have ridden up to 150kms in a single sorte and the saddle is fine.. it's. It's no couch but it's doesn't beat it you up at all either.

Sizzler wrote:I'm not trying to fan any flames here at all, I am genuinely curious what the supposed issue is the with the cable runs? Is it just that left and right shifter cables don't criss-cross? I've done both and prefer running the left and right cables down their respective sides to minimize rub, and crossing cables under the downtube seems redundant to me. But, I'm up for learning something if anyone wants to explain it to me!

By the way, English can ride a bike as well as he builds em. It's not uncommon to see him tearing up the local roads in TT beast mode

One of the things that drew me to Robs work.. I wanted a fast bike and Rob knows first hand what a fast bike should be :thumbup:

KWalker

by KWalker

How long is the wait from order to finish normally?
Don't take me too seriously. The only person that doesn't hate Froome.
Gramz
Failed Custom Bike

Grill

by Grill

I ordered mine in August of 2013 and received it January 2016. I think that I started the specification process sometime around July 2015.

KWalker

by KWalker

I love his bikes but that is far too long to be practical for me.
Don't take me too seriously. The only person that doesn't hate Froome.
Gramz
Failed Custom Bike

nickf

by nickf

Grill wrote:I ordered mine in August of 2013 and received it January 2016. I think that I started the specification process sometime around July 2015.

Was this during his recovery from that bad accident? My wait is around 20 months.

Grill

by Grill

nickf wrote:
Grill wrote:I ordered mine in August of 2013 and received it January 2016. I think that I started the specification process sometime around July 2015.

Was this during his recovery from that bad accident? My wait is around 20 months.

Yup. He still got it done before my original expected delivery date.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com