Weight Weenies
* FAQ    * Search    * Trending Topics
* Login   * Register
HOME Listings Blog NEW Galleries NEW FAQ Contact About Impressum
It is currently Tue Dec 12, 2017 1:36 pm

All times are UTC+01:00





Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 29 posts ]  Go to page Previous 1 2
Author Message
 Post subject: Re: 2017 Trek Madone 9
PostPosted: Tue May 16, 2017 8:11 pm 
Offline

Joined: Tue Sep 11, 2012 6:07 pm
Posts: 1323
Location: The Lone Star State
I don't think Trek every made a 9mm clamp for the Madone 9 - I think they only made the standard clamp and the 10mm. That being said, my 9mm clamp worked fine on the bike. There wasn't an issue with it slipping, or anything. I'll PM you so we can talk in more detail on this.

_________________
Madone 9 https://goo.gl/7UwZpV
Crockett https://goo.gl/f5PdCN
Madone 5 https://goo.gl/cMdyFo

Madone 4, Cobia. I own a lot of Treks.


Top
   
 Post subject: Re: 2017 Trek Madone 9
PostPosted: Thu Jun 22, 2017 11:58 pm 
Offline

Joined: Wed Feb 15, 2017 7:26 pm
Posts: 21
FIJIGabe wrote:
I don't think Trek every made a 9mm clamp for the Madone 9 - I think they only made the standard clamp and the 10mm. That being said, my 9mm clamp worked fine on the bike. There wasn't an issue with it slipping, or anything. I'll PM you so we can talk in more detail on this.


I sent you an email regarding this as well as I'd love to use a 7x9 saddle on my Madone 9.


Top
   
 Post subject: Re: 2017 Trek Madone 9
Posted: Thu Jun 22, 2017 11:58 pm 


Top
   
 
 Post subject: Re: 2017 Trek Madone 9
PostPosted: Sun Jun 25, 2017 7:11 am 
Offline

Joined: Fri Feb 28, 2014 1:48 am
Posts: 130
spdntrxi wrote:
coloclimber wrote:
Nice work for a 60cm!
I dont trust those xxx cages though.

The legit cages are good.. the knock offs can be looser by a good margin


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk



I have 6 china cages in total and had them for a while now and none of them are loose and fit a Camelback perfect.


Top
   
 Post subject: Re: 2017 Trek Madone 9
PostPosted: Tue Jun 27, 2017 4:03 pm 
Offline

Joined: Tue Sep 11, 2012 6:07 pm
Posts: 1323
Location: The Lone Star State
The insulated bottles I was referring to were the ones by Polar. My Camelbak bottles hold in the XXX cages with no problems.

_________________
Madone 9 https://goo.gl/7UwZpV
Crockett https://goo.gl/f5PdCN
Madone 5 https://goo.gl/cMdyFo

Madone 4, Cobia. I own a lot of Treks.


Top
   
 Post subject: Re: 2017 Trek Madone 9
PostPosted: Tue Jun 27, 2017 8:45 pm 
Offline

Joined: Sun Oct 05, 2014 11:51 pm
Posts: 1240
Darceking wrote:

I have 6 china cages in total and had them for a while now and none of them are loose and fit a Camelback perfect.


the knockoff RXXXL work fine with Camelback?


Top
   
 Post subject: Re: 2017 Trek Madone 9
PostPosted: Thu Jun 29, 2017 8:46 pm 
Offline

Joined: Sat Jun 11, 2016 11:23 pm
Posts: 32
jeffy wrote:
the knockoff RXXXL work fine with Camelback?

In my experience they work well enough


Top
   
 Post subject: Re: 2017 Trek Madone 9
PostPosted: Thu Jun 29, 2017 9:36 pm 
Offline

Joined: Fri Feb 28, 2014 1:48 am
Posts: 130
jeffy wrote:
Darceking wrote:

I have 6 china cages in total and had them for a while now and none of them are loose and fit a Camelback perfect.


the knockoff RXXXL work fine with Camelback?



Yes, never had a problem at all. I only use Camelback,


Top
   
 Post subject: Re: 2017 Trek Madone 9
PostPosted: Tue Jul 04, 2017 11:51 pm 
Offline

Joined: Tue Sep 11, 2012 6:07 pm
Posts: 1323
Location: The Lone Star State
My saddle broke this morning. The front end just popped while riding. Gonna have to get a new saddle. Any recommendations? Looking for carbon rail (7x10, preferably), 100kg weight limit, and around 140mm wide.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

_________________
Madone 9 https://goo.gl/7UwZpV
Crockett https://goo.gl/f5PdCN
Madone 5 https://goo.gl/cMdyFo

Madone 4, Cobia. I own a lot of Treks.


Top
   
 Post subject: Re: 2017 Trek Madone 9
PostPosted: Wed Jul 05, 2017 12:24 am 
Offline

Joined: Mon Apr 27, 2015 4:36 am
Posts: 571
If you go for a Power saddle they've already taken most of the front off. :wink:

Though seriously I really like mine, but saddle is a bit of a personal choice. I also had good experiences with the Bontrager Serano.

_________________
bike | instagram | strava


Top
   
 Post subject: Re: 2017 Trek Madone 9
PostPosted: Mon Jul 10, 2017 5:02 pm 
Offline

Joined: Mon Feb 07, 2011 10:42 am
Posts: 127
FIJIGabe wrote:
My saddle broke this morning. The front end just popped while riding. Gonna have to get a new saddle. Any recommendations? Looking for carbon rail (7x10, preferably), 100kg weight limit, and around 140mm wide.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk


Selle San Marco Aspide carbon fx or Superleggera in the wide version. 7x10 rails and I can confirm it works fine with the standard Trek oversize 'ears'. 105g for the superleggera, 121g for the fx (narrow, assume wide version slightly heavier). Most comfy saddle I've owned.

Lovely looking build btw. Mine is also stealthy black.

Attachment:
MadoneU5.jpg
MadoneU5.jpg [ 6.87 KiB | Viewed 975 times ]


Top
   
 Post subject: Re: 2017 Trek Madone 9
PostPosted: Mon Jul 10, 2017 6:10 pm 
Offline

Joined: Tue Sep 11, 2012 6:07 pm
Posts: 1323
Location: The Lone Star State
da123 wrote:
FIJIGabe wrote:
My saddle broke this morning. The front end just popped while riding. Gonna have to get a new saddle. Any recommendations? Looking for carbon rail (7x10, preferably), 100kg weight limit, and around 140mm wide.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk


Selle San Marco Aspide carbon fx or Superleggera in the wide version. 7x10 rails and I can confirm it works fine with the standard Trek oversize 'ears'. 105g for the superleggera, 121g for the fx (narrow, assume wide version slightly heavier). Most comfy saddle I've owned.

Lovely looking build btw. Mine is also stealthy black.

Attachment:
MadoneU5.jpg

Gorgeous bike. I went with the "Poor Man's Vapor Coat", black on black. I was in a hurry to get a saddle, so I bought a Fizik Antares R3. I'll try it out for a couple of weeks until I hear back from Trek on the saddle. I might just apply it to credit and get something else.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

_________________
Madone 9 https://goo.gl/7UwZpV
Crockett https://goo.gl/f5PdCN
Madone 5 https://goo.gl/cMdyFo

Madone 4, Cobia. I own a lot of Treks.


Top
   
 Post subject: Re: 2017 Trek Madone 9
PostPosted: Fri Aug 18, 2017 7:15 pm 
Offline

Joined: Tue Sep 11, 2012 6:07 pm
Posts: 1323
Location: The Lone Star State
Just wanted to post an update on the bike. The bike is sitting around 7.6kg with the Antares R3 saddle. I'm still seriously considering going with Dura Ace 9000 Di2, but it will have to wait until next year.

ImageIMG_7145 by Gabriel Couriel
ImageIMG_7146 by Gabriel Couriel

_________________
Madone 9 https://goo.gl/7UwZpV
Crockett https://goo.gl/f5PdCN
Madone 5 https://goo.gl/cMdyFo

Madone 4, Cobia. I own a lot of Treks.


Top
   
 Post subject: Re: 2017 Trek Madone 9
PostPosted: Sun Aug 20, 2017 1:13 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Fri Sep 15, 2006 6:02 am
Posts: 3757
Location: On the bike
FIJIGabe wrote:
Just wanted to post an update on the bike. The bike is sitting around 7.6kg with the Antares R3 saddle. I'm still seriously considering going with Dura Ace 9000 Di2, but it will have to wait until next year.


You won't regret going Di2. If you go through a place like Merlin Cycles, you can get the 9070 shifters + FD + RD + battery + cables for around $1200. Depending how good of condition your DuraAce set is, you should be able to recoup some of the cost by selling your shifters + FD + RD. Or just move them over to another bike.

_________________
"Marginal gains are the only gains when all that's left to gain is in the margins."


Top
   
 Post subject: Re: 2017 Trek Madone 9
PostPosted: Mon Aug 21, 2017 4:43 pm 
Offline

Joined: Tue Sep 11, 2012 6:07 pm
Posts: 1323
Location: The Lone Star State
Ideally, the mechanical 9000 will go back on my Madone 5, which I'm building up as a backup/travel/climbing bike.


Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

_________________
Madone 9 https://goo.gl/7UwZpV
Crockett https://goo.gl/f5PdCN
Madone 5 https://goo.gl/cMdyFo

Madone 4, Cobia. I own a lot of Treks.


Top
   
 Post subject: Re: 2017 Trek Madone 9
Posted: Mon Aug 21, 2017 4:43 pm 


Top
   
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 29 posts ]  Go to page Previous 1 2

   Similar Topics   Author   Replies   Views   Last post 
There are no new unread posts for this topic. 2017 Madone Build

[ Go to page: 1 2 ]

in Road

Dagger9903

27

2533

Mon Nov 06, 2017 9:23 pm

Jdl View the latest post

There are no new unread posts for this topic. Trek Madone vs. Trek Emonda decision

[ Go to page: 1 2 3 4 5 6 ]

in Road

Ahillock

76

8934

Tue Aug 08, 2017 3:35 am

Ahillock View the latest post

There are no new unread posts for this topic. Trek Emonda SL6 Pro 2017

in Introduce Yourself / Gallery - Please use metric weights.

speck6k

7

2822

Sat Aug 12, 2017 9:08 pm

FIJIGabe View the latest post

There are no new unread posts for this topic. 2017 Trek Crockett Crank / Chainstay Interference

in Cyclocross / Gravel / Touring

kafreeman

3

565

Tue Jul 18, 2017 5:52 am

kafreeman View the latest post

There are no new unread posts for this topic. Attachment(s) Trek Madone 9 2018 H1 P1

[ Go to page: 1 2 ]

in Introduce Yourself / Gallery - Please use metric weights.

pratt

20

3440

Thu Sep 14, 2017 7:05 am

TonyM View the latest post


All times are UTC+01:00


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 21 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Limited