colnago c59 for ME finally

Who are you (no off-topic talk please)

Moderators: MrCurrieinahurry, maxim809, Moderator Team

bogdanescu

by bogdanescu

Long time no see-read everybody! May be you remember my humble stable (new old inmate topic). I must confess the Colnago virus got me entirely, in my older post appears my EPS MTBK among oher bikes. Now I am at my 5th Colnago, finally a c59 purchased Saturday (frame only a 57) from Koeln Germany. Pics wil follow, the one in green Europcar is mine, the oe with blue accents (I never knew the Colnago color codes) belongs to my good friend in Bruxelles where I flew to be able to drive with him to Germny to get my frame!!!
He bought his from Holland 56s... I must add that in September last year I went to Paris to get a c50 with record 10sp and Corima 47 wheels... by bus with a big bike bag ... three days of cycling in Paris after doing a Bruxelles Amsterdam with my friends Spe Roubaix... different machine ... so pics with c 59s

kgt

by kgt

The Europcar color looks great. Horizontal top tube even greater!

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

chris8382

by chris8382

Nice bike.

Not so sure about the hydration philosophy.....

Romagnolo

by Romagnolo

[emoji1303] bellissima [emoji1303]

Inviato dal mio iPhone utilizzando Tapatalk

dj97223

by dj97223

Great start, but please get rid of the bag, fix the bar tape and hoods, and get some proper pedals. Please also check the length of the chain.
“If you save your breath I feel a man like you can manage it. And if you don't manage it, you'll die. Only slowly, very slowly, old friend.”

bogdanescu

by bogdanescu

Thanks all for input, the bike was made with parts layin around, chain is REALLY short, bag is for my passport and multi tool for eventual settings on the road, I am in a foreign country for now, in two days I'll be back home to do the bike properly, I just couldn,t wait to get everything perfect as I wanted to ride the so long looked after thing at any costs. So I travelled to Bruxelles to my friend, than drove with him to Germany just to get the frame, this was saturday, and sunday wit the parts in my bag, I put it together with some wheels of my friends - he is richer than I, his blue one has Record11, new Boras, new everything, I have to wait to get home on friday to see what I can do better, bar and stem will stay, saddle may be not, it is a 10 euro first buy around here, by the way the brakes are great some TRPs magnesium, bought with the frame; I also came here to Bruxelles to put together my friends bike (these two are our birthday gift for this year we both turn 50), as I am the mechanick around, and I have also brought him a Bianchi steel DEDA tubes for winter. So many things to be done in just a few days gap. Despite all things not being set up properly, the bike rides superb, better than may c 50, that seems to be though softer, more "user friendly" so to say. The town here is full af hills and ramps, so We (me and my friend yesterday doing some 45 km as the wether was just fine for riding) discovered that these bikes seem to climb better than what we had before... but that will come with the time, is winter here, and in my country ... 20 cm snow an minus 15C so I was glad to try it here as long as I can... coming soon with other impressions ... thans all, especially to Calnago wherefrom I learned a lot of things about these bikes, I try to prepare the cable housings like he teaches...

bogdanescu

by bogdanescu

Thanks all for input, the bike was made with parts layin around, chain is REALLY short, bag is for my passport and multi tool for eventual settings on the road, I am in a foreign country for now, in two days I'll be back home to do the bike properly, I just couldn,t wait to get everything perfect as I wanted to ride the so long looked after thing at any costs. So I travelled to Bruxelles to my friend, than drove with him to Germany just to get the frame, this was saturday, and sunday wit the parts in my bag, I put it together with some wheels of my friends - he is richer than I, his blue one has Record11, new Boras, new everything, I have to wait to get home on friday to see what I can do better, bar and stem will stay, saddle may be not, it is a 10 euro first buy around here, by the way the brakes are great some TRPs magnesium, bought with the frame; I also came here to Bruxelles to put together my friends bike (these two are our birthday gift for this year we both turn 50), as I am the mechanick around, and I have also brought him a Bianchi steel DEDA tubes for winter. So many things to be done in just a few days gap. Despite all things not being set up properly, the bike rides superb, better than may c 50, that seems to be though softer, more "user friendly" so to say. The town here is full af hills and ramps, so We (me and my friend yesterday doing some 45 km as the wether was just fine for riding) discovered that these bikes seem to climb better than what we had before... but that will come with the time, is winter here, and in my country ... 20 cm snow an minus 15C (Romania) so I was glad to try it here as long as I can... coming soon with other impressions ... thans all, especially to Calnago wherefrom I learned a lot of things about these bikes, I try to prepare the cable housings like he teaches...

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

Durisic

by Durisic

Nice bike! :thumbup: