Field Cycles

Who are you (no off-topic talk please)

Moderators: MrCurrieinahurry, maxim809, Moderator Team

Pijpie

by Pijpie

I really love this bike! The guys at Field keep coming with amazing bikes!

What does the ING next to the Field logo mean?

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

HaroldC

by HaroldC

WOW!!! That is an amazing bike and even better paint job! Gold Leaf!!! Beautiful!

Enjoy it......... very jealous.

Mr.Gib

by Mr.Gib

Yes beautiful but that bulbous Enve stem ruins it for me.
wheelsONfire wrote: When we ride disc brakes the whole deal of braking is just like a leaving a fart. It happens and then it's over. Nothing planned and nothing to get nervous for.

Johnny Rad

by Johnny Rad

Mr.Gib wrote:Yes beautiful but that bulbous Enve stem ruins it for me.

Nah, you're crazy! Painted up to match, it fits fine in my eyes.

Maybe something different might have been better, but the matching paint makes it all good.

leicaman

by leicaman

I actually like the Enve stem. I know a lot of people don't , but it's super pretty to look down at the gold leaf mountain ridge tracing its way up the centre when grinding up a long climb.

Decided to give my mini pump a lick of paint the other day to match the bike. Loser I know, but I like things to match ;)

Ulver

by Ulver

That looks sensational.

Calnago
In Memoriam

by Calnago

leicaman wrote:I actually like the Enve stem. I know a lot of people don't , but it's super pretty to look down at the gold leaf mountain ridge tracing its way up the centre when grinding up a long climb.

Decided to give my mini pump a lick of paint the other day to match the bike. Loser I know, but I like things to match ;)

Just a lovely bike all round. Nicely done. it's one of those bikes that you like more each time you look at it, as you appreciate the subtle slightly abstract lines of the mountain ridges and know the story behind them. But yeah, I too have a strong dislike for those ENVE stems. I really think a Deda Zero 100 lends itself perfectly to these types of builds... just paint it to match so you have that "pretty view" on it just like your ENVE.
The pump is not "Loser"... it's fantastic. But it's gotta take a lot of effort to get a road tire pumped up proper with that thing. I ride with the Lezyne Road Drives as well, but the longer version.
Colnago C64 - The Naked Build; Colnago C60 - PR99; Trek Koppenberg - Where Emonda and Domane Meet;
Unlinked Builds (searchable): Colnago C59 - 5 Years Later; Trek Emonda SL Campagnolo SR; Special Colnago EPQ

JasonL

by JasonL

Amazing build complimented by an even more amazing paint job!

Valy

by Valy

Ulver wrote:That looks sensational.

+1

I'm more of "it is sensational". The pleasure I get from looking at this bike is serene. Thank you for sharing this with us OP!

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

beepbeep

by beepbeep

Thanks for sharing the mountain photos (missed the updates :oops: ), stunning just like the bike that was inspired by them.
Seems there's a lot of creative paint jobs out there at the moment, but sometimes it feels like folks are just trying to out do each other in levels of good bad taste. This on the other hand is subtle and genuine, a real standout.

kytyree

by kytyree

Exquisite! Very original and well executed.

hmai18

by hmai18

Any reason you stuck with a Lezyne pocket pump instead of having a full-sized frame pump like the Silca Impero or Topeak Road Master Blaster painted to match?

leicaman

by leicaman

Thanks for the kind words everyone.

@kmai18 I already had the Lezyne and hadn't originally planned to paint it. Once I got the bike and put the black pump on it, I thought it would be fun to paint it. I'm not a huge fan of those full sized frame pumps to be honest. It makes the bike look like it has two top tubes. Of course, I have a track pump at home for pumping up the tyres so the Lezyne only gets used when I get a puncture which is (kncok on wood) not very often.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

corky

by corky

Stick the pump in the jersey pocket.......pumps never look good on a bike