Gaulzetti Interclub - aluminum dream bike project

Who are you (no off-topic talk please)

Moderators: MrCurrieinahurry, maxim809, Moderator Team

LittleSprinter

by LittleSprinter

Been working on a project bike for a while but got it all wrapped up and finished it's maiden voyage over the weekend. Been eyeballing a custom aluminum frame for the past few years and worked with Craig Gaulzetti on one of his new road Interclub framesets. The ride is perfect, good road feel and the custom geometry came out on point. After riding carbon for a while, a few years ago decided aluminum is the material for me and pretty incredible design. I bought an early 2000's Specialized S-Works E5 frameset while saving up for a Gaulzetti. Don't have a weight on everything but can share it later, but I wasn't go for uber light but instead functional so I can get some miles on my way to work and ride to races, and race it.

I'll get some more detailed pics and post later as they come up.

Build
Gaulzetti Interclub (semi-equivalent to a 52cm)
Chris King headset
Chris King BB
Shimano Ultegra 6800 full group set
Ritchey WCS classic bars (40cm)
Ritchey WCS C220 stem (110 cm)
Ritchey WCS seat mast topper
Fizik Antares R5 saddle
Wheels: handbuilt H Plus Son Archetype 24 front/28 rear with Chris King R45 hubs
Attachments
image1 (1).jpg
image3 (1).jpg
Last edited by LittleSprinter on Sun Apr 02, 2017 3:58 am, edited 1 time in total.

Johnny Rad

by Johnny Rad

Congrats on your "dream" bike! Looks clean and elegant - though it's SO rare to see a bike without a metric crap ton of branding on every tube that it kinda scares my brain a wee bit. Ha!

What's the thinking on the blouse accents?

I like the size, as I ride a 49-50cm.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

LittleSprinter

by LittleSprinter

Yeah thanks, it's definitely been the dream bike. When I was piecing it together, I was torn between the King green or their new Turquoise. I wasn't able to get the green in all the components and really wanted to keep a simple scheme and also matching for the components and paint accents. Also felt the turquoise and white go nice together with the grey Ultegra group. It's also hard to notice and will grab pictures soon, but also the King turquoise Spurcycle bell.

The geometry is about a 110 head tube and 535 top tube and played around with the head and seat angles to get things balanced out.

mrgray

by mrgray

i think it looks fantastic and being the owner of a Cazzo (which i recently built up and find to be an extraordinary ride) I imagine it feels good when you are riding it too. but very nice work on the white and blue i think. looks very sharp and clean. particularly nice cockpit i think and imagine a benefit of the custom setup.

good one. nice to see a gaulzetti, especially one of the new ones which seem rare.
Bobo S&S Steel Bike - 7.5 kg
Oltre XR2- 6.6 kg
Look 585 - 6.8 kg
Look 695 SR :D

istigatrice

by istigatrice

Nice, can I suggest a white seat post topper though?

Also, are you willing to share the angles you used for your build?
I write the weightweenies blog, hope you like it :)

Disclosure: I'm sponsored by Velocite, but I do give my honest opinion about them (I'm endorsed to race their bikes, not say nice things about them)

Stolichnaya

by Stolichnaya

The bike looks mean! The only thing that really needs to be reconsidered is the ISP topper. Not just color, but model/brand. There are a bunch of other toppers out there that will be lighter, still highly functional and match this fine steed better. You might even consider a paint-matched custom topper to achieve that setback you need.
Very understated and beautiful build. Enjoy it.

LittleSprinter

by LittleSprinter

Blue paint matched PMP topper is in the works as we speak.

arizonahalfnhalf

by arizonahalfnhalf

Yes! Beautiful build. Congrats on a sweet custom frame!

boysa

by boysa

Very nice! Gaulzetti was recently on my short list for a new build. I would love to hear more about the ride.
"Deserve's got nothing to do with it." William Munny

Stolichnaya

by Stolichnaya

The PMP ISP SB27 looks like it would get you in the right position.
You probably measured it, but the PMP is pretty long, so might be worth a second check with the tape measure.

LittleSprinter

by LittleSprinter

Took a few more photos of the bike while rolling through a Sonoma county vacation. Pretty unbelievable, bike handles like a dream.

Let me know what you think! Still working on a new seatmast topper, but couldn't be happier. Also added another bit of King turquoise with Spurcycle bell.
Attachments
DSC00539.jpg
DSC00541.jpg
DSC00544.jpg
DSC00545.jpg
DSC00538.jpg
Last edited by LittleSprinter on Sun Apr 02, 2017 6:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.

glam2deaf

by glam2deaf

Oh man, this is a beauty.

Kumppa

by Kumppa

Hard to see any detals when pics are 450x338 pixels. No need to downsize so much.

Johnny Rad

by Johnny Rad

Sharp. Very sharp.

A white seat topper may make it look like there's more "seatpost" exposed - in a good way. Good luck with your search.

Custom painted spurcycle bell?! Or, do they sell it that way?

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

LittleSprinter

by LittleSprinter

King and Spurcycle did a few collaboration projects and made 100 or so each of one with the King Turquoise and also their new olive color.