A really ugly frame makes for a good WW project...

Who are you (no off-topic talk please)

Moderators: MrCurrieinahurry, maxim809, Moderator Team

Peeza21

by Peeza21

This is the thing of dreams!! Great build.
Cannondale Systemsix Ultegra 2020 8)
viewtopic.php?f=10&t=160844

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

evan326

by evan326

Ugly frame turned out beautiful!
Focus is much nicer too :P

Mep

by Mep

Let's wager on the weight. My guess: 5.2kg

NiFTY

by NiFTY

Looks amazing Ryan, but considering your past I had no doubts.
Evo 4.9kg SL3 6.64kg Slice RS 8.89kg viewtopic.php?f=10&t=110579" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

oldturd

by oldturd

Wow.. bike looks amazing!!

philhul83

by philhul83

What a transformation!

RyanH

by RyanH

I'll post a full build sheet later, but for now, the below weight is sans pedals. My extra set of Speedplays are waiting for the ti bowties to come back in stock at Toronto Cycles (@delorre, good eye for noticing they aren't Ti) so pedals are going back and forth between this and the Classic.

I haven't cut the seatpost yet, which I'm hoping should shed 20g or so, and I still need to order an Extralite headset and top cap. Right now I think those two items are +20g. I could also redo the tape job and save about 10g. I have some friction in the rear brake cable run so I may do that anyway. Unfortunately, the weight will probably increase from here as I sold the THM Fibulas today (ee's are coming from a friend, +25g) and I'm replacing the Extralite chainrings with SRAM powerglide chainrings too (+25g).

I'm contemplating getting an extra tubular wheelset since the Litespeed Classic needs a pair to replace the H Plus Son which I'm don't like very much. I'm either going to get another set of Bora 35s (yeah, I like them) or I may try the FSE 25T with house brand hubs. At $999 for 1030 grams, it seems like a pretty good deal.

btothec

by btothec

Wow!
That is a seriously hot looking bike! Very understated in looks but the colour accents make the build pop!

Looking forward to seeing the full build sheet when you get a chance.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

RyanH

by RyanH

Thanks all.

Got the J&L spindles in. They hollowed out the center which was a nice touch and should put them about 10g less than my current ti/ti pair or about 144g.

I've been waiting for Toronto Cycles to get the Ti bowties back in stock but they're overdue by two months now. I may gamble and try the J&L set.

ImageImageImageImageImageImage

Imaking20

by Imaking20

I just went through the same process and ordered some J&L bowties. Happy to share some feedback when they arrive in a week or two.

Calnago
In Memoriam

by Calnago

This is really coming together nicely. I'm liking the subtle blue accents. It's classy. Great job.
Colnago C64 - The Naked Build; Colnago C60 - PR99; Trek Koppenberg - Where Emonda and Domane Meet;
Unlinked Builds (searchable): Colnago C59 - 5 Years Later; Trek Emonda SL Campagnolo SR; Special Colnago EPQ

anlimdy22

by anlimdy22

Imaking20 wrote:I just went through the same process and ordered some J&L bowties. Happy to share some feedback when they arrive in a week or two.

I'm using J&L bowtie for more than a year without any issue.

Sent from my SM-N9208 using Tapatalk

btothec

by btothec

anlimdy22 wrote:
Imaking20 wrote:I just went through the same process and ordered some J&L bowties. Happy to share some feedback when they arrive in a week or two.

Where do you source the J & L components from. Through eBay or do they have a website as well?

anlimdy22

by anlimdy22

btothec wrote:
anlimdy22 wrote:

Where do you source the J & L components from. Through eBay or do they have a website as well?

ebay

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

dolophonic

by dolophonic

nice job .. true to the WW game. :up: