Neil Pryde Bura SL

Who are you (no off-topic talk please)

Moderators: MrCurrieinahurry, maxim809, Moderator Team

davidw

by davidw

New project for me.

Taking most of the weight weenie parts off the Stinner and putting them on this. The Stinner is gonna get its own face lift as more of a training bike.

Image Frame weight without hanger, headset, bb cable guide, seat post collar, or rear brake cable guide
Image Fork weight
Image Headset weight
Image Frame hardware weight
Planning on stripping the clear coat and decals and recoating with a thin clear coat.

No real goal weight yet but I'll try to keep this updated as I'm building it.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

davidw

by davidw

Shouts to @Beverly for the hook up on the frame.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

rheosibal

by rheosibal

stoked for the stinner. favorite steel build on here.
Instagram: joserheo

|| Mosaic RT-1 || Cannondale Evo || Cannondale CAAD10 ||

davidw

by davidw

@rheosibal
Thanks! It's been fun trying to get the Stinner under 6kg but I've gone about as far as I feel comfortable going which got it to 6.12kg. It's still gonna be a pretty slick build. Gonna build it with power so I can train more efficiently.

This build is gonna be the dedicated weight weenie build. With everything I did to the Stinner now going on the Bura SL, mid 5kg will be a breeze. Hopefully shooting for sub 5kg.

davidw

by davidw

clear coat and logos off the frame, still have to smooth out all of the sanding.
Parts are trickling in. I didn't have to order much since a lot of the parts are being salvaged from the Stinner. Seatpost, collar, bb and stem are all that were ordered.

The Fibrelyte stuff was ordered for the Stinner but this project seems a more fitting home for them.

Weights are pretty spot on with what was claimed, although the THM bb came in 11g over claimed. Either way, so far it's turning out pretty good and I'm having a good time.

burglarboycie

by burglarboycie

Yes!!! This is going to be great!!

davidw

by davidw

Image So I decided to follow @Fuchspk's lead and order some stuff from Fabric. I ordered these because I'm waiting on replacement cages from Simon at Carbonworks and it was pretty inexpensive compared to other lightweight alternatives.

I mostly liked these for the tool keg since I only really ever ride with one bottle. I normally throw my spare in a cut up bottle in my second cage because I hate things under my saddle. It trips me out, I don't know why, but it does. I still had to cut the threaded part off the keg to fit a tubular in there but it fits nicely, even with the provided sleeve and makes it easier to remove given the sleeve has a pull tab.

Anyway, actual weight for the studs with bolts is 7g for a set. Easily shave that down with an aluminum bolt swap. The bottle isn't amazing but it also doesn't suck. I figure once i get my replacement cages, I'll leave the studs on the seat tube for the spare keg and if I ever really need two bottles on a ride, I can toss the Fabric on the studs.

corky

by corky

Be careful you don't 'toss ' your bottle or tool caddie.......

First ride with mine, over an admittedly rough country Lane and the bottle was ejected, smashed on the tarmac. Two other members of our group told me the same thing had happened to them too.

I contacted Fabric by email and never got a reply......they will see no more of my business.

Hope you fare better....

davidw

by davidw

I heard a couple of similar stories when they first came out with the bottles. Apparently they've updated the stud material to grip better. We'll see! (Fingers crossed)

dudemanppl

by dudemanppl

So what happened with this? :O

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

davidw

by davidw

It died cause I hated the way it rode :/