Who are you (no off-topic talk please)

Moderators: MrCurrieinahurry, maxim809, Moderator Team

wheelbuilder

by wheelbuilder

Hello everyone,
I am a 50 year old, who is retired from my original profession, and now work as a tech and wheelbuilder for a shop in the SF Bay Area. I was a road cyclist through all of the eighties as a teen with my roadie father, then added mountain biking in the nineties. Took a VERY long break from riding, and resumed this fantastic sport in 2010. Ride both road and mountain, but have limited mountain biking over the last two years or so. No racing, mostly solo rides with a small group ride once a week. Average about 120 miles a week, but am setting goal much higher this season. Bikes consist of an Orbea Alma mountain bike, a Kona JTS with Sram Force drivetrain, HED Belgium plus rims built with CK hubs, CK headset and BB, Ritchey Carbon cockpit. I use this bike for commuting, and fireroad rides. Road bike is a 2016 Orbea Orca OMR, with Sram Red etap, Bontrager Aeolus 3 carbon wheels, IRC Formula Pro tubeless tires, with FSA superlight headset, CK bottom bracket, and Ritchey carbon cockpit. Dura Ace pedals. I am a huge fan of Italian made kit, and like a woman, spend countless time and resources purchasing Giordana FRC, and ALE kit, and Gaerne shoes.
Thank you so much for having me, and taking the time to read all of that detritus.

Will post pics when I figure out how to do it.
Thanks again
Attachments
devils slide.jpg
orca logos.jpg
Never cheer before you know who is winning

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

wheelbuilder

by wheelbuilder

Yikes. Just realized that I did not even come close to following the required template for bike posting. Will come back and do it right later.

Stolichnaya

by Stolichnaya

I usually avert my eyes with neon, but that bike looks great!
The new Orbeas and their paint schemes are really appealing.
Welcome to WW.

TwinSpokes21

by TwinSpokes21

Welcome to WW...and see you out on the road (I'm in the SF/Bay area as well).

wheelbuilder

by wheelbuilder

Thanks everyone. The whole matte black "murdered out" look is not for me. That paint scheme was my design and painted by Orbea as part of the "My O" custom program. They just did the frame, and I built the bike with components of my choosing. While I love Orbea, and REALLY love Orca's, I must say that the five month wait for the paint was agonizing and almost gratuitous!