Colnago C59 ADWH 59cm - 7.3kg - the finishing touch applied

Who are you (no off-topic talk please)

Moderators: MrCurrieinahurry, maxim809, Moderator Team

Gumwalls25

by Gumwalls25

I really love the "Arabesque" details of these painted lugs.. I was looking for the orange version of this paint job a few years back, unfortunately couldn't get hold of any. Got the red Art Decor for my C59 instead..

chazmtb

by chazmtb

I'm in love with this paint scheme. It's so unique. Kind of remind me of my old ad4 master.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

rjaync

by rjaync

Headset cap from Kapz in the U.K. Just arrived in the post. It's the #details

Might have to change the stem to -12 degrees setting so I can use this with the shims safely. Figured the gold stainless bolt and the roundel would go well with the paint finish.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

rjaync

by rjaync

Sneak peek. Hoping to pick it up later today. Still need to finalise the seat position and adjust the front end. Will likely ride the 120mm stem for a while and then make a decision. Note the new special uber cool pedals from the as yet unannounced chorus 'commuter' package :)

rjaync

by rjaync

Just picked up the bike. Final weight fully built with speed play zero stainless pedals, 2 arundel cages and the garmin mount is 7.59kg. Allowing for those extras I reckon that makes the bike 7.3kg without pedals or cages etc. Not bad for a big frame. I could Shave some weight with Tune skewers vs the Mavic ones and also the stem could lose 40g or so but otherwise there's not much to do. Definitely the lightest bike I've owned and pretty much a solid everyday build.

Only ridden it 10 minutes or so to make sure the position is settled. We put the stem up with more spacers underneath but set at -12 degrees it seems to look better. Will ride for a few weeks before changing.

Proper pictures at the weekend when I can get outdoors in the daylight.

ImageImage

rjaync

by rjaync

So I've managed a couple of rides in the last couple of days and the word that springs to mind is sublime. It's smooth and oh so fast. Am liking the stem in current layout. Saddle needs tweaking and possibly raising a mm or two but the Strava times show that the position seems pretty good. Managed to get a few pics on a proper camera today which highlight how amazing the paint is. Right now it's virtually perfect. Adjusting to mechanical chorus vs riding di2 for the last couple of years has taken a little practice but loving it. Not sure the festka will see many miles over the next couple of months...

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

chazmtb

by chazmtb

I'm really digging this bike. Just love the lug details of the classic lugs. I just love white colnagos of every era

LorneMalvo

by LorneMalvo

Never was a big fan of that color scheme but now seeing your bike in its final stage, I have to say you've done a really good job! Looks quite unique, even the Specialized stem and Cosmic wheels do work in that build, although that could be two parts to think about in the future imo [emoji6]

Gesendet von iPhone mit Tapatalk

kgt

by kgt

It is just awesome but you have to replace that stem.

Look565w

by Look565w

kgt wrote:It is just awesome but you have to replace that stem.

I like it very much, but while you're at it, please turn the Colnago headset bearing cap to align the front HT :-)

Thanks for sharing & enjoy the ride!

Cheers

rjaync

by rjaync

Look565w wrote:
kgt wrote:It is just awesome but you have to replace that stem.

I like it very much, but while you're at it, please turn the Colnago headset bearing cap to align the front HT :-)

Thanks for sharing & enjoy the ride!

Cheers

Argh! I hadn't processed that. Yes it needs turning now. I'm still undecided on whether the stem has to stay or go but now you've pointed that out it'll drive me insane. Good spot. Thanks.

PSM

by PSM

That stem. :(

rjaync

by rjaync

PSM wrote:That stem. :(

It does seem to polarize opinion. I'm still wrestling with why. The -12 degree angle seems to work well with the top tube alignment and it's a relatively plain and simple alloy stem (albeit with some poor logos on).

I'm open to suggestions as to what may work better if you have ideas!

thanks

Calnago
In Memoriam

by Calnago

It's beautiful! Re the stem... here's what I'd do... First, I like the shape and angle of it... I think it suits the bike. I think people are taking offence to the "Specialized" branding. I would simply just remove all the branding (acetone should do that nicely), but mask off the graphics on the very top of the stem. I think that longish flowing line to the point perfectly complements the graphics on the top tube and downtube. So leave the top graphic on the stem and remove everything else. Oh, and I'm not really liking that top cap you got. But if you PM me your address and I might be able to help you out there if you like. :wink:

But really like that frame. And how about a couple of better shots of the back of the seat tube, and the top lengths of the top tube and downtube.
Colnago C64 - The Naked Build; Colnago C60 - PR99; Trek Koppenberg - Where Emonda and Domane Meet;
Unlinked Builds (searchable): Colnago C59 - 5 Years Later; Trek Emonda SL Campagnolo SR; Special Colnago EPQ

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

SuperDomestique

by SuperDomestique

Should you not need a specialized wedged top cap due to the shim on the stem?

As you will not be compressing flush to the top of the stem with a standard top cap ( as stem is now slightly off axis)?

Bike looks good, I'd change the stem too though..