Colnago C59 ADWH 59cm - 7.3kg - the finishing touch applied

Who are you (no off-topic talk please)

Moderators: MrCurrieinahurry, maxim809, Moderator Team

Mr.Gib

by Mr.Gib

Quite fantastic. I believe that despite the unusual paint scheme, this bike has the sort of look that will grow on anyone. I thought it was impressive at first sight but not a design I would necessarily choose over some others (always had a soft spot for PR82). But after returning to this thread a few times, I don't think I would pass up an ADWH if I had the opportunity to buy one. Well done.

Curious - what is your saddle height? The proportions all look very good.
wheelsONfire wrote: When we ride disc brakes the whole deal of braking is just like a leaving a fart. It happens and then it's over. Nothing planned and nothing to get nervous for.

rjaync

by rjaync

Mr.Gib wrote:But after returning to this thread a few times, I don't think I would pass up an ADWH if I had the opportunity to buy one. Well done.

Curious - what is your saddle height? The proportions all look very good.

Thank you. I appreciate it. The more I ride it the more it grows on me. Proportions wise - saddle height is 800mm and I have about 9cm drop to the top of the bars. I could possibly get a little lower at the front but want to be able to ride in the drops comfortably too.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

Mr.Gib

by Mr.Gib

I wouldn't think twice about the spacers under the stem. Yes we all want it slammed, but that fit looks just great. Plenty of seatpost showing for a horizontal top tube.

80 cm saddle height suggests long legs proportionally. For many that means a proper fit includes a little taller front end. How tall are you overall?
wheelsONfire wrote: When we ride disc brakes the whole deal of braking is just like a leaving a fart. It happens and then it's over. Nothing planned and nothing to get nervous for.

LorneMalvo

by LorneMalvo

Beautiful build, it took a while for the paint scheme to grow on me but the more I see the more I like it, really well done! Maybe removing the red/yellow Mavic decals will direct the attention towards the frame even more, right know that's the only thing that kinda bothers me here.

Gesendet von iPhone mit Tapatalk

rjaync

by rjaync

Mr.Gib wrote:80 cm saddle height suggests long legs proportionally. For many that means a proper fit includes a little taller front end. How tall are you overall?

I'm about 185cm (bit under 6 feet 1 inch). Relatively speaking I have a slightly longer legs vs reach. My Festka is similar geometry. I've actually brought the saddle down about 4mm from my last fitting as this position feels like I can get more power down. I love the Colnago geometry - the slightly shorter reach of the 59T means I can get further back on the saddle. And I'm not young enough to be able to cope with much more of an aggressive drop lol.

rjaync

by rjaync

LorneMalvo wrote:Beautiful build, it took a while for the paint scheme to grow on me but the more I see the more I like it, really well done! Maybe removing the red/yellow Mavic decals will direct the attention towards the frame even more, right know that's the only thing that kinda bothers me here.

Gesendet von iPhone mit Tapatalk

Thanks. I removed some of the larger yellow stickers from the wheels and decided to leave the little ones. After all, that SSC logo doesn't come cheap ;)

Mr.Gib

by Mr.Gib

rjaync wrote:I'm about 185cm (bit under 6 feet 1 inch). Relatively speaking I have a slightly longer legs vs reach. My Festka is similar geometry. I've actually brought the saddle down about 4mm from my last fitting as this position feels like I can get more power down. I love the Colnago geometry - the slightly shorter reach of the 59T means I can get further back on the saddle. And I'm not young enough to be able to cope with much more of an aggressive drop lol.

That's what I assumed from the fit. 80 cm saddle height is indeed a touch on the tall side for 185 cm. I am slightly the other way - 183 cm tall with saddle height of 75.5 - 76 cm, though I do ride with very level feet which can make quite a difference. I have a 58 traditional coming my way. I could ride a 57 but like you I am concerned about too much drop. I can handle it now just fine, but I fear the day will come when I need something more upright. Trying to future proof.

Enjoy the ride.

FWIW I have some Ksyrium Pro Carbon SLC and I took off those little stickers. Glad that I did.

rjaync

by rjaync

There was something not quite right with the final build. But then the post arrived one day with a little gift from @Calnago (thanks). Now it looks just right and the bike is officially a WW member [emoji4]

tids0009

by tids0009

WOW, just wow. That top cap looks absolutely brilliant with the gold bolt and engraving. Absolutely love that. Very nice finishing touch.

rjaync

by rjaync

tids0009 wrote:WOW, just wow. That top cap looks absolutely brilliant with the gold bolt and engraving. Absolutely love that. Very nice finishing touch.

Thank you. I wish I could take full credit [emoji6]

Calnago
In Memoriam

by Calnago

Looks good. That was the last one of those I had. Glad it went to a good home.
Colnago C64 - The Naked Build; Colnago C60 - PR99; Trek Koppenberg - Where Emonda and Domane Meet;
Unlinked Builds (searchable): Colnago C59 - 5 Years Later; Trek Emonda SL Campagnolo SR; Special Colnago EPQ

Gumwalls25

by Gumwalls25

Very beautiful build!
I've always loved this paint scheme..

rjaync

by rjaync

And just to prove it gets ridden. Until I saw this pic I didn't realise the top tube paint looks like an arrow pointing the way forwards....

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

Ulver

by Ulver

That is really nice. Like others that paint scheme has really grown on me. Some lovely finishing touches too.