Polished Cannondale Six13

Who are you (no off-topic talk please)

Moderators: MrCurrieinahurry, maxim809, Moderator Team

evan326

by evan326

You sold the polished SI?

nvroadie

by nvroadie

The cranks I sold are some Si's that are black. The polished SL's are on my race bike and going strong!

A new top cap came out of the mold and it's amazing. The saddle mold is all ready to go, but I have stuff to do so can't work on that.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

evan326

by evan326

ok good!
Those things are beautiful. I really hope you decide to put them on this bike.

nvroadie

by nvroadie

I hadn't thought of that, actually. I'll have to see, but that sounds like a great idea! Thanks for suggesting that!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sizzler

by Sizzler

The polished cranks would look amazing on the Six13. Was the black set SISL or just Si? Did you notice any difference with them, besides the color?

nvroadie

by nvroadie

@Sizzler- The cranks on the Evo are SL and the ones I sold are just Si. The SL arms save 50g over the Si, but of course I can't tell the difference. So no, no noticeable difference.

Sizzler

by Sizzler

So, were the Si cranks the solid forged ones, or the hollow ones? Sorry so many questions, I'm just surprised the silver SL are lighter than the black Si cuz I thought the black Si were somehow just as light and that the black SISL were even lighter than the silver SL. Not even sure where I got that idea?

nvroadie

by nvroadie

There are three versions of the Si. The first is the original Hollowgram crankset and was released in 2003 it is made up of two parts bonded together. The Second (the version I sold) was released in 2012 and is hollow. It is one piece but made on a CNC machine (idk how that works). The third is only a year old and is the forged version.

Sizzler

by Sizzler

Huh, that's interesting. From what I can tell, the SL was introduced in something like the end of 2007. I'm a little surprised that the second generation Si crankset wasn't updated with 5 year old SiSL technology.

nvroadie

by nvroadie

It is a little weird, but my guess is that the two piece cranks cost a lot to produce and Cannondale wanted a less expensive alternative to the SL and SiSL2.

evan326

by evan326

My cannondale Si cranks that came stock with the caad12 105 were solid forged, and 443.3g. The Hollowgram Si cranks that come with the caad12 ultegra are 1 piece hollow (hydroformed I think) and 327.6g
I'm pretty sure they don't make the SL anymore. If you're buying them they're second hand. Anything you're looking at new is going to be the two I just mentioned or sisl2

nvroadie

by nvroadie

The SL is definitely not being produced any more, but can be picked up for around $300. I wish the newer SiSL was made as midrange option.

nvroadie

by nvroadie

Got the fork this morning, and it is amazing! I may not have mentioned it, but it is an Easton EC90 SLX with a 250mm steerer. It weighs a mere 280g! When I cut the steerer, it should 270g. I decided that the clear coated fork didn't match the raw carbon tubes so I stripped it and slapped on some aerospace 303. The carbon weave is not the same but close enough for me. The rear derailleur has turned into my brain child, and I have spent hours developing new parts and systems for the cage. I'll post a photo when I'm done... if I'm ever.

nvroadie

KC

by KC

How much weight did the paint add on the slx forks? I have 4 here and they vary between 269 to 330 with out star nuts cut to 200mm. This bike needs chrome decals I might add

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

nvroadie

by nvroadie

@KC- Removing the paint saved 5g. What's up with variations in EC90 SLX weight? And where do I get chrome stickers. I might try to make some myself (I have access to a laser printer).

Watching a documentary on the Costa Concordia got boring so decided to put the polished SL on the bike. It's amazing. (Excuse the red chainring bolts)

I think that this is the ticket. I'll leave the Dura Ace on for now because I don't like creaking adapters on my race bike. I'll look for another SL for my Evo or get a Red Exogram.

nvroadie