Polished Cannondale Six13

Who are you (no off-topic talk please)

Moderators: MrCurrieinahurry, maxim809, Moderator Team

Sizzler

by Sizzler

Looking really good, the SL definitely belongs on that bike, looks more proper than the DA. Fork also works well, keep up the good work!

jooo

by jooo

nvroadie wrote:What's up with variations in EC90 SLX weight?

IIRC there have been versions both with and without the internally threaded steerer. I think they also changed a bit from year to year.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

evan326

by evan326

Glad you put the polished crank on

KC

by KC

The SL crank is perfect!!

Hey on my SLX forks i guess it's just some manufacturing differences. They are fairly close, I have heard they made some changes to make them stiffer possibly. I have yet to ever hear of one of these failing. They are light! It sounds like the newer hi mod Cannondale factory forks are about the same weight.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

BmanX

by BmanX

This is a great build and I am excited to see a 1X10 build as I am thinking of doing one myself shortly but have to find the funds to do so first. Need to sell some things first.
BIG DADDY B FLOW
AERO & LIGHT is RIGHT for 2 decades

nvroadie

by nvroadie

Ugh. I'm an idiot. The Sram Red rear derailleur that I purchased for a very small sum of money has loose pivots. I realized that I had troubles when the cage retention shelf was so worn that there was play. I then installed the derailleur on my bike to find the the pivots have terrible play. A temporary sram force is on the way. Another weekend without the bike.[emoji45]

nvroadie

by nvroadie

My SRAM Force placeholder rear derailleur hasn't arrived yet, but it was time to finally do something with the bike. I cabled the brakes with AICAN Kevlar housing and the included cables. For both brakes the weight is 50g! The total weight for the cables shouldn't be more than 100g! The housings are good for the money. The only trouble is that the front brake spring isn't strong enough to fully return. I tried a SRAM Red brake from my Evo to make sure that the caliper was the problem and not the cable. Guess I'll have to get a SRAM Red brake set. It will save 20g. The wheels in the picture are destickered Mavic Cosmic Elites which I train with.

More to come in the next few days!

nvroadie

Sizzler

by Sizzler

What sort of caliper was is it? The one that wasn't working?

nvroadie

by nvroadie

The caliper that isn't working is a SRAM Rival. It has no spring tension adjustment.

nvroadie

by nvroadie

I was surprised today by the rear derailleur! The build went very well and I took the bike for a ride. The chain, bottle cages, stem, bars, and seatpost will change, but not for a while. Still have to make the bar tape, but that's a quick job. The hoods are wrapped with KT tape which paired with gloves is great. My only true gripe is the brakes. Needless to say, the Red Black brakes with Dura Ace pads on my Evo have spoiled me. But gaud the Rivals suck! Don't abandon this thread yet, because they is still much more to come!

nvroadie

Sizzler

by Sizzler

How did it ride?

evan326

by evan326

What on earth made you use KT tape on the hoods?

nvroadie

by nvroadie

I wrapped the KT tape around twice and made sure that the end was at the bottom. If not, the tape will get undone by your fingers. As for how the bike rode, it was very quiet. It was terribly windy, but on the tailwind sections, it was dead silent. The bike seems quite twitchy- not bad, but not as stable as my Evo. Probably not fair to compare it to my Evo, but this bike is less vibration dampening, though that is to be expected. The gearing (42x11-25) was fine for most everything but steep hills. I really should have put on a 11-28 cassette. With a wider range cassette, I think that a 44t front ring is doable. I'll see. If I get bored today, I might put the SL crankset on this bike for some pictures. More tuning of the rear derailleur and some upgrades in the coming weeks- stay tuned!

nvroadie

BmanX

by BmanX

I would suggest at least a 44 or 46 with an 11/28 and with sram you can do 11/32
BIG DADDY B FLOW
AERO & LIGHT is RIGHT for 2 decades

nvroadie

by nvroadie

@BmanX- I live in a hilly area, so a 46t won't work. This bike is also my easy/recovery ride bike, so I want the gearing to be easy.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com