Colnago Dream

Who are you (no off-topic talk please)

Moderators: MrCurrieinahurry, maxim809, Moderator Team

Citizenfox

by Citizenfox

Took a little break (dumb) from riding but back now. I was going to buy a new #allblackeverything bike but then I saw this and my vintage Colnago muscle started twitching. Bought it as you see it here and now ordering the parts to make it mine. First act was taking the Askium decals off the wheels. Will post progress here.

http://i1091.photobucket.com/albums/i38 ... vplmne.jpg

Citizenfox

by Citizenfox

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

Citizenfox

by Citizenfox

[quote="Citizenfox"]Took a little break (dumb) from riding but back now. I was going to buy a new #allblackeverything bike but then I saw this and my vintage Colnago muscle started twitching. Bought it as you see it here and now ordering the parts to make it mine. First act was taking the Askium decals off the wheels. Will post progress here.

Citizenfox

by Citizenfox

c50jim

by c50jim

That's a really good looking frame. A few parts I'd change but it's your bike so go with what you like (although I have a couple of carbon Record 175 53/39 cranks if you'd like to switch there). The Dream was a really great riding bike and with the Star fork it's probably reasonably light too.

Enjoy it.

Citizenfox

by Citizenfox

c50jim wrote:That's a really good looking frame. A few parts I'd change but it's your bike so go with what you like (although I have a couple of carbon Record 175 53/39 cranks if you'd like to switch there). The Dream was a really great riding bike and with the Star fork it's probably reasonably light too.

Enjoy it.

It does feel pretty light but I'm going more "style" on this one than performance. Natural Cambium C15 saddle, (which is heavy weight), one bolt post, Thompson silver stem, traditional silver bars and Brooks natural bar tape. I got inspired by a bike I saw on IG. We'll see how it looks.

Interested in those cranks for sure. PM me.

Calnago
In Memoriam

by Calnago

Looks to be in great shape. Nice find.
Colnago C64 - The Naked Build; Colnago C60 - PR99; Trek Koppenberg - Where Emonda and Domane Meet;
Unlinked Builds (searchable): Colnago C59 - 5 Years Later; Trek Emonda SL Campagnolo SR; Special Colnago EPQ

Stolichnaya

by Stolichnaya

The frameset really is in good shape. It will help the frame paint pop if you just black out the saddle, post, stem, bars and tape all together. The sliver down low on the cranks, brakes and wheels looks fine. A raw colored Cambium and natural leather tape could overwhelm.

jmagoulas

by jmagoulas

Nice vibrant colors not an easy find on a vintage Nago. I don't think I would change anything with the spec. Well done. Ride in good health.

barcode148

by barcode148

Looks awesome man. Did you happen to buy from Big Bang? The background looks exactly like their shop.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com