Tommasini Tecno / Columbus Nemo - Steel is Real!

Who are you (no off-topic talk please)

Moderators: MrCurrieinahurry, maxim809, Moderator Team

Delorre

by Delorre

Masterpiece :thumbup: And one with a decent amount of seatpost showing, even with traditional geo and smallish frame size.

maverick_1

by maverick_1

@terrible1,
My particular frameset comes with a 1" threadless Tommasini Air fork.
As what Lemond75 mentioned, you are given options for threaded or threadless.
I currently have a Thomson 1 1/8 to 1" shim in black installed on the steerer since I'm using a 1 1/8" PRO Vibe 7s stem.

@Lemond75,
Nice Casati!
I guess you're really into steel frames, lol!
Btw how much do you weigh, and how would you compare the EPS to your Tecno?

@KCookie,
Unfortunately LW Ventoux is in Tokyo and the Tecno is approx 3000 miles away! :(

@Delorre,
I think the seatpost is probably a tad too long :o

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

Lemond75

by Lemond75

Maverick_1: I'm 74kg at the moment (after the inevitable Christmas overindulgence!) and I'd say that both the EPS and Tecno are great bikes. Whilst the acceleration of the EPS is better and it is of course lighter, the Tecno is so incredibly smooth and quiet to ride, and the fact that it is made to measure means that the comfort and handling are fantastic.

It was because I enjoyed the Tecno so much that I decided that my next bike would be another custom made frame rather than something from one of the mainstream brands. I've not ridden a stainless frame before but have always really liked what Casati do, especially when it comes to steel, and like Tommasini, it gives me the chance to buy a made to measure handmade bike from a small company with a fantastic reputation, and in doing so, ending up with something quite rare if not unique.

jcastillo

by jcastillo

Hi, what frame size is it, looks like a 50cm? and what is the measurement of center of BB to top of saddle on your bike? Thanks!

bm0p700f
in the industry

by bm0p700f

tommasini's alway look good. Difficult to go wrong really.

dgasmd

by dgasmd

Simply gorgeous!!! Jealous to say the least!!

maverick_1

by maverick_1

@jcastillo
Frame size is 48cm, center of BB to top of saddle is approx 68.5cm.

@bm0p700f, @dgamsd,
Thanks for the compliments.
Unfortunately I no longer have the Tommasini in the stable, one of the issues I faced is the chrome plating which find it to be too tedious to manage.

Cheers

ultyguy

by ultyguy

Still can’t believe I sold mine but it was a bit of impulse buy and prob one size small. As you say, it was a terrific bike, truly astounded me. Also, steel fork was a huge positive surprise as well.

Beauty, well done!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

majklnajt

by majklnajt

Wow! :shock:

maverick_1

by maverick_1

@majklnajt
Hey buddy! How are you my friend?? It’s been a while..

@ultyguy
Zero complains on the steel fork, love it too. I do wish for a less sensitive front end though. And better chrome plating :(

majklnajt

by majklnajt

I am great, thanks! :thumbup:
And you?

How many bikes do you have now?

maverick_1

by maverick_1

@majklnajt,

Sending you a PM

Cheers

duckit

by duckit

Sorry to dug this thread up.
How many mm spacers was under the stem. 15mm ?
Thank you.

Mtn Monkey

by Mtn Monkey

Maverick, you have a lot to answer for! It was me seeing this beautifully built bike that prompted me to also buy one. Tommasini were very helpful as was the UK importer. I requested a few minor differences that you probably would not notice. In fact I don't think I would now.

I have Super Record 11S Chainset which uses Ultra Torque BB. I also have Threadless but believe I picked up a 1" Thompson Road stem that will work beautifully.

A couple of questions if I may. What BB and Headset did you use on this build. The only available BB that I know of is Record UT which is a grayish colour and may not suit. Headset wise I don't want to go too bulbous looking either.

Once again thanks for the inspiration. CJ

diecast

by diecast

Super record cups are black but I believe they've been discontinued. It's not just an aesthetic difference, the SR are unsealed and the anodising is different. You might be able to find some second hand or NOS.

I'm not aware that there are any third party options for ultra torque for what I assume (in a Tommasini) is an Italian threaded shell. I think maybe C bear used to do one but mechanically it's unlikely to be superior to the original.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com