ICAN RD01 Road Disc + X-Bike HP30-360 Ultralight Clincher build

Who are you (no off-topic talk please)

Moderators: MrCurrieinahurry, maxim809, Moderator Team

TimberWolfQX

by TimberWolfQX

Hey guys,
QX here from Singapore. First post here, though I've been lurking for awhile, learning from your posts.

I'd like to share my bike build with you. The frame is a Chinese carbon frame purchased from Alibaba, and so are the wheels.

Frame: ICAN RD01 Road Disc 52cm
Wheels: X-Bike HP30-360 Clinchers (30mm depth, 23 wide, 16 internal, 360g per rim)
Tires: Schwalbe Pro One 28mm
Crankset: SRAM Force 1 42t
Pedals: AEST ultralight magnesium (160~g per pair)
Rear Derailleur: SRAM Rival 1
Shifter: SRAM Apex 1
Chain: SRAM PC-1170
Cassette: SRAM XG-1175 10-42t
BB: Generic BB386
Brakes: TRP Spyre C
Brake Levers: AEST YBL70A-02
Rotors: Ashima Ai2 (newly installed)
Handlebar: TOSEEK flat bar 580mm

This is more of an everyday/commuter build, so I chose a more relaxed posture and flat handlebars. Thought a 1x groupset was more suitable as I wanted to reduce alignment and maintenance issues. Besides, it's good not to have to think of gear combinations. Disc brakes are used despite the weight because I wanted reliable braking even in the rain. I chose to go tubeless for comfort and puncture protection, though I must say that the Schwalbes roll pretty sweet.

Frame: The RD01 weighs in a little heavy at 1280g for a 52cm, it seems that the stated weight of the website (1120g) is for the smallest size. The seatpost (260g) is a little on the heavy side, and not much I can do about it as it is a custom aero shape. I'll admit I chose it primarily for the looks, and in this area I'd say it doesn't disappoint. It's one of the best looking thru-axle road frames IMO. Image

Wheels: These wheels are plain amazing. X-Bike HP30-360 rims with Novatec D771/772SB disc hubs and 24/24 pillar 1420 spokes in a 2x lacing configuration. They are 1360g in this configuration, and I'm pretty sure you can hit near-1kg with the right hubs and spokes. They accelerate real quick and are very responsive. They also have a 220g tubular rim that might be a good foundation for a weight weenie tub set.

Full disclosure: In exchange for a discount I did some translation work for X-Bike. That said, they've exceeded my every expectation so far, and I'm really delighted.

Total weight is about 7.2kg clean (no accessories mounted). Hope you guys like it! Comments and questions welcome.

Sent from my Metal using Tapatalk

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

victorduraace

by victorduraace

Nice