2017 Cannondale CAAD12

Who are you (no off-topic talk please)

Moderators: MrCurrieinahurry, maxim809, Moderator Team

JoeFlan

by JoeFlan

Just a heads up, I don't think those cranks will work on your caad12. The spindle will be too short. If you want to run sram red cranks you need Exograms without the preload adjuster or sram cranks with the removable spider.
Current Steed
Supersix Evo 6.25kg
CAAD10 6.8kg
Giant TCR SLR 6.8kg
Past Lovers
Focus Izalco Pro
Cervelo S1

Peeza21

by Peeza21

JoeFlan wrote:Just a heads up, I don't think those cranks will work on your caad12. The spindle will be too short. If you want to run sram red cranks you need Exograms without the preload adjuster or sram cranks with the removable spider.

Thanks for the heads up, if that's the case, they'll end up on ebay, I didn't actually pay for them, so I'm not out of pocket
Cannondale Systemsix Ultegra 2020 8)
viewtopic.php?f=10&t=160844

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

Tom06

by Tom06

Boy, what is the reference of tubulars?

evan326

by evan326

r33prman wrote:
evan326 wrote:
r33prman wrote:Thanks for the super quick reply. Yeah the weight is tempting me. And trimmed it'd be very close to the 100g mark I think. Is there any recommended sellers? Also forgot to mention before.......sweet bike! I was actually planning a build like exactly like this off the 105 frame, but ended up getting a really good deal on a yellow frame set

I would say to avoid pingthyy2010 as a seller for the hylix. I recently reported him for some pretty questionable activity. I've bought one from him before, broke it out of my own stupidity. Ordered a replacement and it got lost in the mail, he sent another. After about 2.5 months I got it. He suggested next time, to use expedited shipping and it should take no more than two weeks.
I recently ordered another for a different bike, with expedited shipping, and when the arrival date came and it wasn't shown as shipped yet I contacted him. He said it was stuck in customs on his side. I told him I'd like my shipping refunded if I didn't have it in a week (tracking still shows that the post office hasn't received it yet) His response is to cancel the order. When I asked how he could cancel an order he mailed out two weeks ago he had no answer. Contacting ebay they saw just as I did that the tracking number given was invalid. I ordered from the other seller, Ian who is probably the same guy honestly, but tracking info is accurate.

Thanks for the info :thumbup:

Update: Ian28033 will not accept orders from me now, even though I've only dealt with him just now. Furthers my suspicions that they are the same person.

p3dalfaster

by p3dalfaster

That's a great looking CAAD12!!! Just one question. When you slammed it, are there any issues with the cone spacer? I.E, did you need to purhcase anything seperate?

Thanks a lot!! :)

Peeza21

by Peeza21

p3dalfaster wrote:That's a great looking CAAD12!!! Just one question. When you slammed it, are there any issues with the cone spacer? I.E, did you need to purhcase anything seperate?

Thanks a lot!! :)

Thank you

I purchased a Slam_that_stem bearing cover, and have had no issues since.

p3dalfaster

by p3dalfaster

Great, will do the same. Many thanks :)

Peeza21

by Peeza21

Some new 20mm tubs.

Total weight, 6.315kgs
Last edited by Peeza21 on Wed May 16, 2018 1:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Peeza21

by Peeza21

This bike has slowly evolved into my winter bike as the need became apparent, all the light weight bits have been moved to my super six hi-mod. I was lucky enough to pick up some near mint Giant SL1 wheels for £150, so this is what it looks like now. I may move it on when the aero Cannondale drops at year end

NordicSal

by NordicSal

That's a nice build, even though it's a year old thread haha.

How tall are you, and what is your inseam approximately?