2017 Specialized Allez Sprint LTD II (Now Red Hook Crit)

Who are you (no off-topic talk please)

Moderators: MrCurrieinahurry, maxim809, Moderator Team

SpecializedColnago

by SpecializedColnago

This is cinelli caleido tape. The feel is pretty similar to fizik super light tape which is what I usually use. The cinelli tape is definitely thicker than I prefer so it does give you a little bit of cushioning. I prefer really thin tape with minimal cushioning. It was easy to wrap as well.

The NG took about 2 hours to charge I guess. I just plugged it in and walked away so I'm not sure how long it took for the red led to stop blinking and I'm not sure how much charge they put on it at the factory. When I came back 2 hours later though it was fully charged. It is pretty cool not having to worry about batteries. The first ride with the NG will be today to test it out.

SpecializedColnago

by SpecializedColnago

Some updates on the build. The Berk SRP handlebar combo has been sold and replaced with a zipp service course SL stem and SL-70 handlebar. This will add about 170 grams but will be stiffer and a little more practical as this is my daily training bike and will allow me to bolt some aero bars on it for the occasional TT. Most importantly though is that the higher stack height of the stem and the +1 degree in angle allow me to slam the stem. A stem mounted fetha garmin mount is also on the way that will actually be lighter than the K edge that was on the Berk combo. I've also got some kogel ceramic bb30 bearings waiting to go in the new frame when it arrives in a week or 2. New expected weight is around 7.1-7.2kg depending on how much the white and chrome frame weighs.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

CrankAddictsRich

by CrankAddictsRich

SpecializedColnago wrote:Some updates on the build. The Berk SRP handlebar combo has been sold and replaced with a zipp service course SL stem and SL-70 handlebar. This will add about 170 grams but will be stiffer and a little more practical as this is my daily training bike and will allow me to bolt some aero bars on it for the occasional TT. Most importantly though is that the higher stack height of the stem and the +1 degree in angle allow me to slam the stem. A stem mounted fetha garmin mount is also on the way that will actually be lighter than the K edge that was on the Berk combo. I've also got some kogel ceramic bb30 bearings waiting to go in the new frame when it arrives in a week or 2. New expected weight is around 7.1-7.2kg depending on how much the white and chrome frame weighs.

It'll be interested to see the difference in weight between the blue and white, frame for frame.

aqualelaki

by aqualelaki

SpecializedColnago wrote:This is the blue frames final form 6.96kg.

Charging up the p2m NG

How do you like the PM? How does it compare to Quarq for S-works ? What was your decision on that? It's interesting to see how to charge the battery but I still think CR-2032 battery is confinience.

SpecializedColnago

by SpecializedColnago

So far I really like the Power2Max NG. I still have limited miles on it though since I
have stripped the blue frame back down for a warranty exchange. I have never used the quarq but that was going to be my final option if the Power2Max NG did not fit the new s works cranks arms. I hear what you are saying about the coin batteries vs a rechargeable battery. I am pretty consistent with making sure my stuff is always topped off charge wise so it shouldn't really be an issue for me.

SpecializedColnago

by SpecializedColnago

Ok some updates. I have reassembled the bike as I wait for the warranty replacement frame. The only changes are the Berk SRP has been swapped for a zipp cockpit. Currently I am running a zipp service course sl stem slammed but I need a little more drop so I am waiting for the soon to be released zipp sprint stem in the beyond black color. Currently it sits at 7.2kg with the heavy roval skewers. Would be closer to 7.1kg with the tune skewers. Here is its current set up.

I love these bikes so much that I have another on backorder that some of you may have seen on instagram. The release date is still up in the air but the head of marketing is saying around July. Hopefully everything works out with the backorder process and have it in my hands before too long. Here is a pic of the very limited red hook crit frame I have on backorder.

mannequinforce

by mannequinforce

I can't believe you are getting this frameset. So jealous!!!

DaReef

by DaReef

At the Rock Hill crit Saturday there were a large number of Sprints in a large variety of colors and builds including the Red Hook. The Red Hook livery is very sharp.

SpecializedColnago

by SpecializedColnago

Well the rep has placed one on backorder for me as soon as they were available to do so but unfortunatly that does not mean I am guaranteed to get one. With only 95 of them coming to the US and probably less than 16 in a size 52cm if you spread out the distribution amongst the sizes, it is still going to take some luck to get one. My local shop and rep says now we just have to wait until the frames come into the US to see who actually gets one since everyone likely preorders around the exact same time.

CrankAddictsRich

by CrankAddictsRich

SpecializedColnago wrote:Well the rep has placed one on backorder for me as soon as they were available to do so but unfortunatly that does not mean I am guaranteed to get one. With only 95 of them coming to the US and probably less than 16 in a size 52cm if you spread out the distribution amongst the sizes, it is still going to take some luck to get one. My local shop and rep says now we just have to wait until the frames come into the US to see who actually gets one since everyone likely preorders around the exact same time.

Good luck! It is a dope frame and I'm sure you'll complete the build accordingly.

SpecializedColnago

by SpecializedColnago

Thanks, I will definitely keep you guys updated. They don't even have a price or ETA on delivery yet so it's just a waiting game for right now. I am wondering if the other red hook races this year will have their special paint jobs released later as well.

eins4eins

by eins4eins

the combination of frame, wheels and tires is looking really cool! was thinking about building a caad12 as a winterbike, but this frame looks way cooler - more modern

SpecializedColnago

by SpecializedColnago

I was in the same boat as you last year. I was about to pull the trigger on a caad 12 frameset and then saw the announcement for the allez sprint in the limited colors. You will not be dissapointed if you go with either one but the allez actually got me excited to buy a new bike whereas the caad 12 was just kind of meh I need a new bike so why not. I can definitely say that the allez is better in every way than the carbon trek it replaced.

I also know 3 of the limited colors coming next year. It's going to be a hard choice to pick a color next year for a lot of people 8)

DaReef

by DaReef

My bank account hopes they don't release another anodized frame.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

KWalker

by KWalker

Specialized's hype machine is at full force so you KNOW they will have future limited colorways. Probably after they launch the new Tarmac.
Don't take me too seriously. The only person that doesn't hate Froome.
Gramz
Failed Custom Bike