2017 Specialized Allez Sprint LTD II (Now Red Hook Crit)

Who are you (no off-topic talk please)

Moderators: MrCurrieinahurry, maxim809, Moderator Team

CrankAddictsRich

by CrankAddictsRich

SpecializedColnago wrote:I'm thinking about just the standard S works shallow drop bar as I have small hands and cannot get the grip I would like on flat aero shaped bars when riding on the tops. Thanks for the heads up though.

ahhh fair enough. I've got the Aerofly's on both bikes and love them, but I almost NEVER ride on the tops.

SpecializedColnago

by SpecializedColnago

I may still keep the Berk SRP combo I will wait and see what kind of interest it gets at $450

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

Nefarious86

by Nefarious86

Put it on a shelf and get some Tarmac bend 40s and an Uno stem with Ti hardware. You will uppercut yourself in the future if you sell it....
Using Tapatalk

SpecializedColnago

by SpecializedColnago

Yeah I have decided to keep it and use it on this bike. I only weigh 140 pounds so I am not real hard on equipment. It is also too sexy to get rid of. I apologize to anyone whom I may have teased with the prospect of selling the bars. Sometimes I can't make up my mind with stuff like this haha.

SpecializedColnago

by SpecializedColnago

I should have some updated pictures for you guys by the end of the weekend. I've got both shifters mounted finally and will cut the steerer tube and start running the cables. I've got everything I need except for the power meter and the special crank spider lockring tool which I ordered with the P2M NG powemeter. P2M is saying I should have my power meter 3rd week of February but I won't hold my breath as the original ship date was supposed to be mid December.

jamin

by jamin

That crank tool is a PITA - I had to make one using a heavy duty socket, turning it on a lathe and then dremeling it to make the teeth. Worth it in the end though as the S-Works cranks are super stiff and light!

Looking forward to some more pics!

SpecializedColnago

by SpecializedColnago

Steerer tube has been cut. It's looking mean with the Berk SRP handlebar. Will start cabeling tomorrow. I left a 5mm spacer on top because the stack of the berk stem is like 36 or 37mm and I would like to be able to run another stem if I ever needed to without changing my position. And sorry for breaking every bike photography rule in existence haha.

SpecializedColnago

by SpecializedColnago

jamin wrote:That crank tool is a PITA - I had to make one using a heavy duty socket, turning it on a lathe and then dremeling it to make the teeth. Worth it in the end though as the S-Works cranks are super stiff and light!

Looking forward to some more pics!

I had thought of doing something similar to make the tool because my local specialized dealer was telling me if you buy the tool direct from specialized you have to buy an entire kit of tools just to get the one you need. Fortunately P2M sells them for $30 if you buy the powermeter from them too.

jamin

by jamin

SpecializedColnago wrote:I had thought of doing something similar to make the tool because my local specialized dealer was telling me if you buy the tool direct from specialized you have to buy an entire kit of tools just to get the one you need. Fortunately P2M sells them for $30 if you buy the powermeter from them too.

Thats good value and will save you a lot of bother! I didnt have that option so got creative...

IMG_0326.jpg

I've seen the toolkit also - a bit overkill if all you want is just to tighten the cranks.

The stem/bar combo looks real nice, and sure is low! I think you are allowed 5mm above the stem so you're ok there! Hehehe.

SpecializedColnago

by SpecializedColnago

That tool you made came out really nice. I've decided to just throw the carbon s works spider on for the time being so I can ride it. I used my local shops cannondale hologram lockring tool to torque it to spec instead of waiting for the one I ordered. The cannondale one works on the redesigned 2017 cranks. By Saturday the bike should be complete if I have time to work on it. It's currently winter here but the temperatures are in the 70s the next 2 days so riding is priority.

niklasp

by niklasp

How much drop do you have?

SpecializedColnago

by SpecializedColnago

My saddle to bar drop off the top of my head was around 7cm I think. It's like 2 mm lower than my colnago. I can check it again when I get home. The drop appears larger in the picture than in person. I could go lower but I ride in the drops for up to an hour sometimes for time trials so I like to keep it functional. I think with one of those specialized power saddles I could go lower with my normal set up but I just love the shape of the Berk saddle and you can't beat the weight.

SpecializedColnago

by SpecializedColnago

Almost done. It is going to be slightly over weight though without the chain and bar tape but with the stock heavy skewers it is 6.69kg. So probably going to be closer to 6.9kg complete with tune skewers. The full length rear brake housing and the extra housing under the bottom bracket added more weight than expected. I will have a final weight by Saturday and first ride will probably be Sunday.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

niklasp

by niklasp

SpecializedColnago wrote:My saddle to bar drop off the top of my head was around 7cm I think. It's like 2 mm lower than my colnago. I can check it again when I get home. The drop appears larger in the picture than in person. I could go lower but I ride in the drops for up to an hour sometimes for time trials so I like to keep it functional. I think with one of those specialized power saddles I could go lower with my normal set up but I just love the shape of the Berk saddle and you can't beat the weight.

7cm aint much. Ive got 5 om my xc mtb and thats considered pretty normal :)
So keep the Berk stuff. Looks great!