2017 Specialized Allez Sprint LTD II (Now Red Hook Crit)

Who are you (no off-topic talk please)

Moderators: MrCurrieinahurry, maxim809, Moderator Team

Nefarious86

by Nefarious86

10mm spacer with that head tube is still slammed haha. Looks mint [OK HAND SIGN]
Using Tapatalk

SpecializedColnago

by SpecializedColnago

This head tube is definitely lower than I was expecting even with having all of the geometry numbers in front of me. I guess that's what happens when your only bike to compare it to is a traditional geometry Colnago with quite a few unpublished measurements.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

YungLegs

by YungLegs

That Berk integrated steer/stem makes it look so fast already, not to mention the weight. Awesome.

CrankAddictsRich

by CrankAddictsRich

SpecializedColnago wrote:This head tube is definitely lower than I was expecting even with having all of the geometry numbers in front of me. I guess that's what happens when your only bike to compare it to is a traditional geometry Colnago with quite a few unpublished measurements.

I have both of my bikes set up the same.. I slammed the Venge all the way down to the aero top cap and then set up my Allez to match the fit and the Allez Sprint head tube is 15mm lower than both (I think).

SpecializedColnago

by SpecializedColnago

Yeah I ran into trouble calculating my exact fit cause the colnago master does not have a published head tube angle. I have seen people say it is around 71.8 degrees or something but I am not positive. The Allez sprint is 73 degrees so that angle made a big deference over 120mm.

jamin

by jamin

Enjoying this build a lot. I am hoping to get myself one in a few months, unfortunately we don't get the frame sets over here in the UK so I am having to buy the whole bike and then strip it. Having said that, it looks like the frames would be about £1k over here, and the expert is £1500 so its too bad a value considering the spec.

Can you tell me how big the first headset spacer is, looks to be under 10mm?

SpecializedColnago

by SpecializedColnago

The spacer in the picture under the stem is a 10mm spacer, the one on top of the stem is 5mm. The headset bearing cover is 6mm so total my effective headtube length is 126mm. I also received the veloplugs today and 42 of them weigh 6 grams so I shaved 34 grams off of the rims. The red 8mm plugs fit snug but I would not call it tight. They do not fall out on their own but I can easily take my fingernail and pry them out. I will make sure to carry some spare veloplugs with me on rides like some other users have recommended.

SpecializedColnago

by SpecializedColnago

Here are some pics of the veloplugs. This is the weight for 42 of them.

Darceking

by Darceking

Ok - I had no idea what Velo Plugs were until now. Do people have good experience with these ? I am surprised I have never heard of these before

SpecializedColnago

by SpecializedColnago

I have never used them personally so this will be a test for me as well, however everything I have read has been very positive for the veloplugs. The only criticism I saw in my hours of googling was that some times they are either to hard to pop into the holes leaving you with sore hands or they are too lose and can fall on their own. Luckily I had neither issue.

The build is still ongoing. I am still waiting for the Power2Max NG to arrive along with the sworks crank spider lock ring tool so I can torque the spider down. Also I ripped the right dura ace hood pealing it back the wrong way to acces the clamp nut so I have a replacement set on the way. The wait is killing me but luckily the weather has been crappy so even if it were finished I wouldn't be able to give it a proper test ride.

AZR3

by AZR3

Darceking wrote:Ok - I had no idea what Velo Plugs were until now. Do people have good experience with these ? I am surprised I have never heard of these before

Ive used velo plugs on all my wheels for the last 4 years, never had one issue with them, they've been solid and I highly recommend them. Just be sure you get the right color to fit your spoke holes

jamin

by jamin

SpecializedColnago wrote:The build is still ongoing. I am still waiting for the Power2Max NG to arrive along with the sworks crank spider lock ring tool so I can torque the spider down. Also I ripped the right dura ace hood pealing it back the wrong way to acces the clamp nut so I have a replacement set on the way. The wait is killing me but luckily the weather has been crappy so even if it were finished I wouldn't be able to give it a proper test ride.

Looking forward to seeing some more progress pics!

SpecializedColnago

by SpecializedColnago

The Berk SRP handlebar may be for sale. I am thinking I should get something a little more durable seeing as this is going to be my daily training bike. I would love to keep it if this was a dedicated weight weenie bike that only got ridden occasionally. If you are interested in it PM me. Jure has ceased production of these for the foreseeable future so this is a chance to get one for good price quickly. Before he ceased production he was selling them for €650 I would sell this one for much less. I would prefer to ship in the USA.

Berk SRP Specifications.

Width:40cm c-c
Stem: 120mm
Finish: Matte UD
Steerer size: 1 1/8
Weight: 214 grams with all bolts
Handlebar reach: 74mm
Handlebar drop: 127mm
Stem angle: -7 degrees
The stem has the threaded inserts for a Computer mount. One insert was slightly crooked so I had to dremel the k edge mount a little for it to sit flat. I would include the mount with the handlebar. It has never been ridden. It has only had shifters mounted to it and torqued to Jure's recommended torque spec of 3nm. The angle of the handlebar seems just about right for a 73 degree headtube with the ends of the drops slightly angled down from parallel. If interested PM me with further questions or if you want to see detailed pictures.

Price:$450.00 obo, depending on shipping costs I could go a little lower.
Last edited by SpecializedColnago on Fri Jan 27, 2017 1:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.

CrankAddictsRich

by CrankAddictsRich

SpecializedColnago wrote:The Berk SRP handlebar may be for sale. I am thinking I should get something a little more durable seeing as this is going to be my daily training bike. I would love to keep it if this was a dedicated weight weenie bike that only got ridden occasionally. If you are interested in it PM me. Jure has ceased production of these for the foreseeable future so this is a chance to get one for good price quickly. Before he ceased production he was selling them for €650 I would sell this one for much less. I would prefer to ship in the USA.

Berk SRP Specifications.

Width:40cm c-c
Stem: 120mm
Finish: Matte UD
Steerer size: 1 1/8
Weight: 214 grams with all bolts
Handlebar reach: 74mm
Handlebar drop: 127mm
Stem angle: -7 degrees
The stem has the threaded inserts for a Computer mount. One insert was slightly crooked so I had to dremel the k edge mount a little for it to sit flat. I would include the mount with the handlebar. It has never been ridden. It has only had shifters mounted to it and torqued to Jure's recommended torque spec of 3nm. The angle of the handlebar seems just about right for a 73 degree headtube with the ends of the drops slightly angled down from parallel. If interested PM me with further questions or if you want to see detailed pictures.

Interested in an S-Works Aerofly? I've got a friend selling one for $225.... never used, never mounted. It came with an S-Works Tarmac that she's building up and its too wide for her... 42cm.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

SpecializedColnago

by SpecializedColnago

I'm thinking about just the standard S works shallow drop bar as I have small hands and cannot get the grip I would like on flat aero shaped bars when riding on the tops. Thanks for the heads up though.