Fuji SL Elite Race Ready?

Who are you (no off-topic talk please)

Moderators: MrCurrieinahurry, maxim809, Moderator Team

adrianlmp1246

by adrianlmp1246

I have a bad habit of buying frames and never building them. So, when I picked this frame up, I told myself that I would build it no matter what. The guy I got the frameset from waited 6 months for the frame and never built it, so it time for this baby to see some action.

Originally I was going to make this into a sub 5kg build but I need to get back into shape.
My goal for this bike is a 14lbs do it all race bike for the upcoming season.
I might hit 13 or sub 13lbs with some 870g FSE wheels I have sitting around.
I will post a parts list, along with scale shots of all the parts I have received so far.

52cm
Last edited by adrianlmp1246 on Mon Dec 26, 2016 3:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.

adrianlmp1246

by adrianlmp1246

Fuji Claims the weight of the frame is 755g but I don't know in what size. The guy I got the frameset from said that without all the hardware and foam cable guides the frame weighs 749g. With everything except the chain catcher the frame weighs 761g.

I am really surprised how lightweight the fork is at 273g its the lightest fork I've owned

Along with Look's ZED 2 cranks I think that Specialized cranks are one of the best looking on the Market. I also think they are the stiffest cranks on the market, Fairwheel's crank test seems to back up my claim. Specialized seems to have redesigned the whole cranks so I'm excited to try these out.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

Kumppa

by Kumppa

Looking good. Keep posting.

adrianlmp1246

by adrianlmp1246

The stock headset that came with the frame is extremely light, even with the spacers and top cap. The expander plug on the other hand needs to go, does anyone have any suggestions on what I should replace it with?

At first I was going to use mid-compact chainrings since specialized doesn't give you the option for a 130 BCD spider anymore. I am originally from Southern California and relocated to Northern California for work, after seeing all the hills I decided to go with a compact setup, at least until I regain some strength.

Kayrehn

by Kayrehn

You might want to sand down the headset cover like what I intend to do, it deserves a matte carbon look to match the frame. The expander is huge indeed, you can go with the extralite ultrastar. I got a Schmolke carbon plug instead.

adrianlmp1246

by adrianlmp1246

Hey Kayrehn! Thanks for the feedback.
I am going to sand the headset cover but I wan to do a couple of test tries on other covers before I do it on this one. This is my first time sanding down anything and I don't to ruin the look.
How are you liking the carbon cap, does the headset ever come loose?

adrianlmp1246

by adrianlmp1246

A few parts came in today so it's time to post them

I am very surprised on how lightweight the Deda SuperLeggero RS seatpost is.... but the hardware is a boat anchor.
I tried using the cradle and jokes off my Hylix seatpost, but the parts aren't compatible.
The bolts on the hylix aren't wide enough to fit the center bolt that runs through the top of the Deda post.
Does anyone know if there is anyway I could get this down to the 130-140g range?

I ended up getting a MFCK clamp but it doesn't fit my Frame :cry:
it would of been nice to drop the extra weight.
Any suggestions from the Fuji SL 1.1/Elite owners?
Last edited by adrianlmp1246 on Thu Dec 29, 2016 4:47 am, edited 1 time in total.

adrianlmp1246

by adrianlmp1246

I have never tired this saddle but we'll see how she does, plus I don't mind the weight either way.

Hawk Racing PF30 Stainless Steel BB, because Ceramic BB's are overrated.
I've seen an in person test of this BB vs a Ceramic Speed one, the Hawk Racing BB slightly outperformed the
Ceramic Speed one so we will see how she goes.

2016 Zipp 404's with KCNC skewers

WonderChin

by WonderChin

Could get a J&L clamp with Ti bolt (ebay). Would sit between the two you have weight wise, 9-11g. Haven't got a fuji so can't comment on fit.

Looking forward to seeing this built up, frame and parts look great so far!

Sent from my SM-A310F using Tapatalk
Hold Fast

Kayrehn

by Kayrehn

Here's how the cap looks after sanding off the fsa logo and matte coat. It's not difficult to do at all and you can't really screw it up, go ahead and try!

ryanw
in the industry

by ryanw

Cap looks great!

As for your Zipps, really strange. Mine (2016 404FCs) came in at 1670g, that's 50g lighter!
SL8 S-Works Project Black - 6.29kg
IG: RhinosWorkshop

livestrong1986

by livestrong1986

final weight is 6200-6300?

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com