Pinarello Dogma F 10 2017

Who are you (no off-topic talk please)

Moderators: MrCurrieinahurry, maxim809, Moderator Team

Delorre

by Delorre

liam7020 wrote:Image

One of the most sexy color scheme's for the F8 I've seen so far. What size was it?

wingguy

by wingguy

MRM wrote:
wingguy wrote:
spartan wrote:the 'old' f8 aero was tested by tour mag to be 2 watts slower than the madone/venge(cervelo/felt were 1 watt slower). f10 is 12.6% more aero so it should have same aero as the cervelo/felt twins. direct mount brakes should allow for 28 mm tires. the extra fairing on the fork tip is similiar to the bike wiggins rode when he set the hour record.

The direct mount brakes it doesn't have? :wink:

I think he means the F10 has direct mount brakes, not the F8.

Right, the direct mount brakes that it doesn't have. :wink:

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

fogman

by fogman

There are no direct mount brakes on neither the F8 or the F10.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Last edited by fogman on Wed Jan 11, 2017 10:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.
It's all downhill from here, except for the uphills.

MRM

by MRM

Apologies. I must have misunderstood this.

The Shimano Dura-Ace Di2 control junction box is now hidden inside a compartment in the down tube, so it doesn’t hang below the stem. Another change is the switch from dual pivot to direct mount brake calipers.

wingguy

by wingguy

MRM wrote:Apologies. I must have misunderstood this.

Obviously, they got it wrong. Just look at a picture of the F10. Any picture :wink:

liam7020

by liam7020

Delorre wrote:
liam7020 wrote:Image

One of the most sexy color scheme's for the F8 I've seen so far. What size was it?

Cheers! It's a 55cm.
Tarmac SL6 & Campag Record EPS https://weightweenies.starbike.com/foru ... 0&t=153968

"Sometimes you don't need a plan. You just need big balls." Tom Boonen

spartan

by spartan

velocite's patent will never hold up.

look at this litespeed.

Current Rides:

2023 Tarmac SL7 Di2 9270
ex 2019 S-works SL6
ex 2018 Trek Madone SLR Disc
ex 2016 Giant TCRAdvanced Sl
ex 2012 Trek Madone7

anquetil

by anquetil

In Slovenija difference between F8 and F10 is 300 €, F8 Xlight is 1.700 € more than F10.

vmajor
Shop Owner / Manufacturer

by vmajor

The Litespeed Archon was part of the prior art review during the patent application process. It was deemed that our design was sufficiently different to be awarded a full 20 year invention patent. More information here if you search for I562931: http://twpat3.tipo.gov.tw/tipotwoc/tipo ... 2023003b0d

wingguy

by wingguy

vmajor wrote:The Litespeed Archon was part of the prior art review during the patent application process. It was deemed that our design was sufficiently different to be awarded a full 20 year invention patent.

So yours is different enough from there's to be patentable, but Pina's is similar enough to yours to be infringement? Why is that?

Honestly all 3 of them look equally similar in concept and different in execution to me :noidea:

vmajor
Shop Owner / Manufacturer

by vmajor

I do not want to go into details lest it be used against our claim sometime in the future if Pinarello/LVHM decides that court is their preferred mediation venue, but, in a nutshell it has to do with integration of the water bottle into the airflow, not just concavity. Concavity was the only way to achieve this.

Our solution that Pinarello is using is functional, it is not styling.

Second and the easiest to observe difference between Archon and Velocite Syn/Pinarello Dogma F10 is in the length of the concave section. It has to be long enough to work with the bottle in place. The concave section on the Archon is too short in a horizontal plane. Pinarello's follows our patent and our research.

A little bit more info and one of our CFD simulations can be seen here under point 1. It is aerodynamic, published in May 2015: http://blog.velocite-bikes.com/2015/05/ ... now-active

avispa

by avispa

moonoi wrote:... and then the Di2 integration is designed specifically around the new DA9150, so you can't use the downtube port to hide the junction box if you have the older version or Ultegra, or for that matter EPS, genius.
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Call this Complicity in International Crime! :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

Perhaps a way to "force" others to get on with the "program". I love Campy to death, but come on! They should have had a slimmer and better battery since V2. Also, their V3 interface is antiquated and bulky! They are overdue for a better junction box and so on.

..A..

wingguy

by wingguy

moonoi wrote:the Di2 integration is designed specifically around the new DA9150, so you can't use the downtube port to hide the junction box if you have the older version or Ultegra, or for that matter EPS, genius.

DI2 junction boxes are all cross compatible. If you can afford £4k for a frameset you can afford £110 for a new junction box to go with your old group :lol:

avispa

by avispa

MRM wrote:
wingguy wrote:
spartan wrote:the 'old' f8 aero was tested by tour mag to be 2 watts slower than the madone/venge(cervelo/felt were 1 watt slower). f10 is 12.6% more aero so it should have same aero as the cervelo/felt twins. direct mount brakes should allow for 28 mm tires. the extra fairing on the fork tip is similiar to the bike wiggins rode when he set the hour record.

The direct mount brakes it doesn't have? :wink:

I think he means the F10 has direct mount brakes, not the F8.

No the F10 does not have direct mount brakes, which in my opinion is a disappointment to see a newly released frame of this kind and have these brakes.

I am not sure what Pinarello was thinking, but I just could not see many people rushing to get this frame after the lame improvements they made.

They Should have called it the F8.5. Now take a look at the Bianchi Oltre XR.4 and the new Cervelo R5 that they have on the works. Those are good examples of bikes being modernized.

..A..

wingguy

by wingguy

I am not sure what Pinarello was thinking, but I just could not see many people rushing to get this frame after the lame improvements they made.

Doesn't matter. They're going to sell them as quickly as they can make them.
avispa wrote:They Should have called it the F8.5. Now take a look at the Bianchi Oltre XR.4 and the new Cervelo R5 that they have on the works. Those are good examples of bikes being modernized.

The new R5 proto doesn't have DM brakes either :wink:

Also consider, Cervelo launched the new R5 at about the same time Pinarello released the 65.1 Think2. Since then Pina released the F8, and now the new F10. Cervelo released a new colour scheme, and now the new R5.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com