Pinarello Dogma F 10 2017

Who are you (no off-topic talk please)

Moderators: MrCurrieinahurry, maxim809, Moderator Team

liam7020

by liam7020

Having just built a F8 last summer, when the F10 was first mentioned I thought I'd be well pi8sed off but having seen it thankfully I'm not too bothered at all. The Pina designers haven't really bust their asses and the new frame looks almost identical to the F8 with the exception of the covered box on the downtube which, if you're using Etap like me, is fairly irrelevant. The F8 is already too stiff for the average Joe, plus a miniscule increase aerodynamics and 50g less weight are also no game changers. So all in all pretty happy with the F10!! Besides still think my F8 looks like the doggies wotsits! Better snaps to follow.

Tarmac SL6 & Campag Record EPS https://weightweenies.starbike.com/foru ... 0&t=153968

"Sometimes you don't need a plan. You just need big balls." Tom Boonen

SLCBrandon

by SLCBrandon

liam7020 wrote:Having just built a F8 last summer, when the F10 was first mentioned I thought I'd be well pi8sed off but having seen it thankfully I'm not too bothered at all. The Pina designers haven't really bust their asses and the new frame looks almost identical to the F8 with the exception of the covered box on the downtube which, if you're using Etap like me, is fairly irrelevant. The F8 is already too stiff for the average Joe, plus a miniscule increase aerodynamics and 50g less weight are also no game changers. So all in all pretty happy with the F10!! Besides still think my F8 looks like the doggies wotsits! Better snaps to follow.

What brakes?

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

liam7020

by liam7020

TRP 970SL
Tarmac SL6 & Campag Record EPS https://weightweenies.starbike.com/foru ... 0&t=153968

"Sometimes you don't need a plan. You just need big balls." Tom Boonen

jbaillie

by jbaillie

UCI ARTICLE 1.3.024
Protective screens, fuselages, fairings or any other device that is added or blended into the structure, and that is destined or have the effect of reducing resistance to air penetration, are prohibited. Aerodynamic assemblies and protuberances on the head tube or elsewhere are prohibited.

How is this not a fairing?

MRM

by MRM

It is, but was deemed legal on Bradley Wiggins' HR Bolide as well.

anquetil

by anquetil

What a ride!
First 200 km, noticeable faster than f8, perfect steering downhill, Pina is back!

corky

by corky

Placebo?

MRM

by MRM

For what it's Worth, maybe the bike takes the place of his Meds for his Special Needs when he was out Black Eyed on a Pure Morning, Running up that Hill through the English Summer Rain until the Bitter End.

stormur

by stormur

vmajor wrote:Right now I'd settle for a sign of life from them. The silence is deafening. I am composing an open letter now that will go out to everyone in the bicycle media and industry. Perhaps that will get their attention.

The only thing which get their attention is lawsuit with some nice number on it followed by 6 zero's ;) Nothing else . Same to anyone who's using mentioned product, manufacture it, deliver to certain country/ area.

Lawsuit has to be made in USA. Greed and determination of American lawyers in fighting for their 30% comission is.... impeccable :mrgreen: They are VERY efficient . Many companies avoid US market from that reason.

First, apply for "securing" your rights, what will stop ( by court decision ) Pinarello right to sell Bolide&F10 at least on USA market. Finanically painful enough for such small business ( annual turnover below 80m USD worldwide ) to push them for immediate settle with you. Irt will take 5 min for them to contact you and make nice offer.

In USA there's also ( it doesn't exist in EU ) "moral aspect", how they mistreated you.... Additional source of income ( fully deserved ). If they will pay for your patent usage, you can "ask" to mention your/ompany name on frame as patent owner .

But please, don't beg. Demand.

Don't bark. Bite.

Disclaimer : I don't hate Pinarello. I even own one.
Go to Heaven for the climate, Hell for the company.
Mark Twain

I can be wrong, and have plenty of examples for that ;)

zzmkdw

by zzmkdw

I am with Liam. I bought an F8 frame for a really good price a couple of months ago. When i learned the F10 would be coming out i immediately had buyers remorse. Now that i have seen the F10 I'm glad i bought the F8. I think the improvements made on the F10 are nice, but nothing i would pay an extra $2K+ for. I was waiting to build my frame up until after i saw the F10, now i can get started.

anquetil

by anquetil

Difference is only 300 €.

SLCBrandon

by SLCBrandon

.....plus or minus 1700 euro?

wingguy

by wingguy

spartan wrote:the 'old' f8 aero was tested by tour mag to be 2 watts slower than the madone/venge(cervelo/felt were 1 watt slower). f10 is 12.6% more aero so it should have same aero as the cervelo/felt twins. direct mount brakes should allow for 28 mm tires. the extra fairing on the fork tip is similiar to the bike wiggins rode when he set the hour record.

The direct mount brakes it doesn't have? :wink:

zzmkdw

by zzmkdw

I paid $3500 USD for my 16' F8, color 685. The frame was new (never ridden), but had been used as a display bike, so it had been built up. I went over it with a fine tooth comb and couldn't find a blemish on it. Since i was the first owner i also got the full warranty.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

MRM

by MRM

wingguy wrote:
spartan wrote:the 'old' f8 aero was tested by tour mag to be 2 watts slower than the madone/venge(cervelo/felt were 1 watt slower). f10 is 12.6% more aero so it should have same aero as the cervelo/felt twins. direct mount brakes should allow for 28 mm tires. the extra fairing on the fork tip is similiar to the bike wiggins rode when he set the hour record.

The direct mount brakes it doesn't have? :wink:

I think he means the F10 has direct mount brakes, not the F8.