Canyon Ultimate CF SLX 2017 / Dura-Ace / SRAM eTap / Zipp 202

Who are you (no off-topic talk please)

Moderators: MrCurrieinahurry, maxim809, Moderator Team

moonoi

by moonoi

I used to run an ISM Podium, and it installs the same as any other saddle, other than needing to install it around 5mm lower, even ISMs own instructions disagree with you regarding saddle angle:

Saddle Angle (Tilt)

Finally, we need to set the angle of the saddle. For this, we recommend starting with the saddle level (parallel to the ground), or tilting it down up-to-2 degrees. A high amount of downward tilt is not necessary or desirable.

Visual Reference for Saddle Angle:

When setting saddle angle, the area you look at for visual reference varies slightly between our different saddles. The images below show you which portion of the seat to look at for reference, represented by the blue line.

http://www.ismseat.com/setup-guide/

dorin

by dorin

Thanks moonoi, that was the most comfortable way for me, even at the fitting they were surprised, guess it just works for me, and is actually -3 degree (or -2.86 to be precise)

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

bencolem

by bencolem

Think the crowd are a bit rough here. Seems everyone wants everyone's bikes to all be stealth black with slammed stems and certain saddles. I get that the red constrast is pretty strong but we should be thankful for diversity - if every bike was 'murdered out' it would be pretty dull. Even if not to everyone's taste, difference is at least inspirational! Most important thing is the enjoyment of cycling, don't suppress it!

dorin

by dorin

bencolem wrote:Think the crowd are a bit rough here. Seems everyone wants everyone's bikes to all be stealth black with slammed stems and certain saddles. I get that the red constrast is pretty strong but we should be thankful for diversity - if every bike was 'murdered out' it would be pretty dull. Even if not to everyone's taste, difference is at least inspirational! Most important thing is the enjoyment of cycling, don't suppress it!

Finally! Since when al bikes must be pitch black? At least no one commented on matte vs glossy with tips how to turn it glossy :)

stormp

by stormp

Well, this could've been so good, but turned out opposite.
Cranks, wheel decals, tyres, tape and sadle need to go asap.

dmoneysworks

by dmoneysworks

Yeeeeaah ouch my eyes! not at all what i was expecting. okay now that's off my chest, how does it ride?

dorin

by dorin

dmoneysworks wrote:Yeeeeaah ouch my eyes! not at all what i was expecting. okay now that's off my chest, how does it ride?

All of you just get over the color, seriously, most important are the components, much easier to remove a red decal than get zipps vs a mavic ksyrium sl for example or swap from Ultegra to etaps.

It rides as a bike in this configuration should: just awesome! Unfortunately one day after its first ride the snow came, not much will happen in the next tow months (other than skiing)

nonamed

by nonamed

What are Yours measures? What height?

Wysłane z iPhone za pomocą Tapatalk

dorin

by dorin

1.78m with inseam 84cm

cnyn

by cnyn

Do you know when your PM will arrive? What's the advantage Quarq Red to Quarq Red Dzero?

moonoi

by moonoi

cnyn wrote:Do you know when your PM will arrive? What's the advantage Quarq Red to Quarq Red Dzero?

I asked that question to my LBS who is handling a warranty claim for my failed Quarq Red PM, as they said SRAM will replace it with a DZero version. Their response is "it has Bluetooth", not sure if there are any other differences so would also like to know!

cnyn

by cnyn

Yes, Bluetooth.. nice :D
In Germany there are no Dzeros available until mid February... some Shops don't display any dates.

Look at the official Quarq HP:
https://www.quarq.com/store/item/1770/

***Order Shipment Delay***
We are currently experiencing high order volume on our new platform power meters. Because of this, new orders will ship during the week of January 30, 2017. We apologize for any inconvenience this causes and appreciate your support of our products and your patience.

moonoi

by moonoi

Seems there is none available anywhere for some time. So my C60 is sat without a crank at the LBS already for a couple of months :( Still it gave me the excuse to buy another bike while I wait

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Daddy yo yo

by Daddy yo yo

PinaRene wrote:* get some proper black tires
* remove the wheel decals or get some black ones
* slam the stem min. 10mm
* get a Sram chainset

I agree on pretty much everything! :noidea: The saddle hasn't been mentioned because its simple purpose is to fit your a**, right?! So, keep the saddle if you're happy with it. The rest bears a lot of room for improvement. The all black Sram Red crankset would be the nicest looking, but since you're into PMs, well...

Oh, and I would like to add one thing: get a black bottle cage! :smartass:

Btw, when I bought my current bike, I had an eye on this frameset as well. But I simply couldn't make it fit: the smaller size needed a spacer tower just as yours which hurts my eyes :noidea: :noidea: , the bigger size was too long. :unbelievable: So, for myself, I made the best of this and had a frame custom-built! :mrgreen:
My contribution to more beautiful roads: - old - / - new -

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

nonamed

by nonamed

dorin wrote:1.78m with inseam 84cm

Having very similar measures (1.79 and 83 inseam) can not decide between S and M frame. But I am afraid S can be too much agressive with lower headtube. I see You using all spacers under the stem (I guess total 4.2cm ? or You lowered it on during fitting You mentioned on Monday? :)

How do You feel on S? Should not You replace stem for min. 110mm length? What is Yours saddle height?

Thanks for feedback.

Wysłane z iPhone za pomocą Tapatalk