'16 Niner Air 9 RDO - my return to dirt..

Who are you (no off-topic talk please)

Moderators: MrCurrieinahurry, maxim809, Moderator Team

Clean39T

by Clean39T

I first started mountain biking around 12 yrs old on my dad's '85 Mongoose (chrome, friction) and had a '91 Nishiki Pueblo as my first MTB all to myself. From there I graduated to a Giant Cadex ALM-1 with Campy rims and Suntour XC Expert, and then a GT Corrado saw my first venture to weenie-ism in '95 w. Mavic 230 rims, Ritchey WCS 1.9 tires, and an Amp fork. A few others came and went in the early years of eBay when buying low and re-selling built my high-school funds before I went to work at a local shop and got my first super bike - a made-in-chehalis Klein Adroit w a Judy SL, Real levers, and XTR bits that came in under 20 lbs. I did one XC race and did decent, but then was off to University where I switched mostly to road riding and heavy drinking... A few times in my 20s and early 30s I picked up an MTB, I just never got fully into it again, always preferring the ease of riding a road bike out my front door.

And now here I am. A bit of disposable cash and a desire to try racing this coming spring had me pulling the trigger on a heavily on sale Air 9 RDO.

Let the 29er weenie-ism begin..

Here she is in stock form:

And

At a very respectable weight bone stock:

Of course I'm already looking for easy upgrades...saddle, stem, grips, post...go tubeless for the first time...pedals? We'll see...open to suggestions.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Clean39T

by Clean39T

Here's the stock build:

FRAME: AIR 9 RDO - NINER CARBON/CHROME

Fork: FOX 32 FLOAT FACTORY FIT4, 3 POSITION W/ ADJ, KASHIMA COAT, 100MM, 110X15MM

Wheels: STAN'S NOTUBES NEO/ZTR ARCH EX, 110X15MM FRONT, 142 X 12MM REAR

Tires: MAXXIS IKON 3C/EXO/TR 2.35 F, 2.20 R

Brakes & Rotors : SHIMANO XT M8000 ICE TECH PADS, 180/160MM RT86 ICE TECH ROTORS

Brake Levers: SHIMANO XT M8000

R/ Shifter: SHIMANO XT M8000 11SP I-SPEC

R / Derailleur: SHIMANO XT M8000 GS 11SP SHADOW PLUS

Cassette: SHIMANO XT M8000 11-42T

Chain: SHIMANO XT HG-600 11SP

Crank Set: SHIMANO XT M8000 (32T 1X)

Bottom Bracket: SHIMANO XT MT80

Saddle: NINER CUSTOM WITH CR-MO RAILS, NINER GRAPHIC

Seat Post: NINER CARBON SEAT POST, 400MM, NINER GRAPHIC

Handlebar: NINER FLAT TOP CARBON, 710MM, NINER GRAPHIC

Stem: NINER ALLOY STEM, NINER GRAPHIC

Grips: NINER GRRRIPS L/O NYLON