Weight Weenies
* FAQ    * Search    * Trending Topics
* Login   * Register
HOME Listings Blog NEW Galleries NEW FAQ Contact About Impressum
It is currently Wed Dec 13, 2017 2:25 pm

All times are UTC+01:00





Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 130 posts ]  Go to page Previous 13 4 5 6 79 Next
Author Message
 Post subject: Re: Bianchi Oltre XR4
PostPosted: Thu Jan 19, 2017 1:21 pm 
Offline

Joined: Wed Jan 18, 2017 5:02 pm
Posts: 5
stang1 wrote:
theletterk wrote:
jlu wrote:
Hi. I guess it's a 50. What is your inseam?


yup...size is 50. my inseam is 77.5cm



Any word from your mechanic yet ? :(


What do you mean?

Your bike is a 53 right?


Top
   
 Post subject: Re: Bianchi Oltre XR4
PostPosted: Thu Jan 19, 2017 2:29 pm 
Offline

Joined: Wed Sep 28, 2011 12:50 pm
Posts: 161
jlu wrote:
stang1 wrote:
theletterk wrote:
jlu wrote:
Hi. I guess it's a 50. What is your inseam?


yup...size is 50. my inseam is 77.5cm



Any word from your mechanic yet ? :(


What do you mean?

Your bike is a 53 right?


My bike is size 50 :)


Top
   
 Post subject: Re: Bianchi Oltre XR4
Posted: Thu Jan 19, 2017 2:29 pm 


Top
   
 
 Post subject: Re: Bianchi Oltre XR4
PostPosted: Thu Jan 19, 2017 2:34 pm 
Offline

Joined: Wed Sep 28, 2011 12:50 pm
Posts: 161
stang1 wrote:
theletterk wrote:
jlu wrote:
Hi. I guess it's a 50. What is your inseam?


yup...size is 50. my inseam is 77.5cm



Any word from your mechanic yet ? :(


Yes. I went down today to speak to him and I happened to see a XR4 built up. It had the same spacing like you said! I'm not sure why it is like that and he said there is nothing wrong. Probably a batch by batch problem with the crown. Mine is made in Vietnam and the one I saw today is made in Taiwan. Could this be the problem?

Here is the pic I took of the bike I saw today

Image


Top
   
 Post subject: Re: Bianchi Oltre XR4
PostPosted: Thu Jan 19, 2017 2:39 pm 
Offline

Joined: Wed Sep 28, 2011 12:50 pm
Posts: 161
Also, the integrated bar has finally arrived and I'm glad I can fit it up in the next few days. Will take some pics once it's all done.

Image

Image


Top
   
 Post subject: Re: Bianchi Oltre XR4
PostPosted: Thu Jan 19, 2017 3:13 pm 
Offline

Joined: Thu Jul 16, 2015 6:11 am
Posts: 13
theletterk wrote:
Also, the integrated bar has finally arrived and I'm glad I can fit it up in the next few days. Will take some pics once it's all done.

Image

Image


Did you order it at Bianchi? because it is not celeste and looks like the one i ordered as non-bianchi version at my FSA Metron dealer.

I'm asking because i want to know if the frameset was delivered with both headset top cups. The standard type for the standard stems which is on your photos, and the bianchi-Metron5D proprietary one. Or was the latter one included with your handlebar?


Top
   
 Post subject: Re: Bianchi Oltre XR4
PostPosted: Thu Jan 19, 2017 3:49 pm 
Offline

Joined: Wed Sep 28, 2011 12:50 pm
Posts: 161
:) sharp eyes!

I chose this Col scheme because I don't want to end up having a Celeste Col theme handlebar (like the fsa Celeste bar on the xr2) and the LBS also happen to be a vision retailer. And I get to use this bar if I like it on another bike next time just in case I don't get the future xr6!

I'm pretty sure the top cups for both versions would be in the bianchi package. I have not seen what in the bianchi package as the boxes are all still in the shop. What's in the vision box is not clear yet BUT I don't think they would have them in there as it's not meant specifically for bianchi. I'll update you tomorrow for this!


Top
   
 Post subject: Re: Bianchi Oltre XR4
PostPosted: Thu Jan 19, 2017 3:59 pm 
Offline

Joined: Wed Jan 18, 2017 5:02 pm
Posts: 5
Does anybody know why size 50 and 53 have the same reach? Is the only difference only the frame height (stack)?


Top
   
 Post subject: Re: Bianchi Oltre XR4
PostPosted: Thu Jan 19, 2017 4:22 pm 
Offline

Joined: Wed Sep 28, 2011 12:50 pm
Posts: 161
jlu wrote:
Does anybody know why size 50 and 53 have the same reach? Is the only difference only the frame height (stack)?


Went to see the geometries for the other sizes and they are all different. Did you get them a little nice mixed up jlu?


Top
   
 Post subject: Re: Bianchi Oltre XR4
PostPosted: Thu Jan 19, 2017 11:31 pm 
Offline

Joined: Mon Jan 30, 2012 8:57 am
Posts: 128
thebucket wrote:
theletterk wrote:
Also, the integrated bar has finally arrived and I'm glad I can fit it up in the next few days. Will take some pics once it's all done.

Image

Image


Did you order it at Bianchi? because it is not celeste and looks like the one i ordered as non-bianchi version at my FSA Metron dealer.

I'm asking because i want to know if the frameset was delivered with both headset top cups. The standard type for the standard stems which is on your photos, and the bianchi-Metron5D proprietary one. Or was the latter one included with your handlebar?


I had both mine as it was bought from a stripped frameset, AFAIK, the special head cap only came with the full bikes that had the vision bars.

But ! There is hope. You can purchase it separately as a seperate item.

http://www.bianchibikes.co.uk/Accessori ... eadset_cap


Top
   
 Post subject: Re: Bianchi Oltre XR4
PostPosted: Thu Jan 19, 2017 11:32 pm 
Offline

Joined: Mon Jan 30, 2012 8:57 am
Posts: 128
If your mech has a work around it please do not hesitate to PM me ! the OCD in me is ugly. I am looking to maybe get a new headset/crown combination once i read more about the specifications.


Top
   
 Post subject: Re: Bianchi Oltre XR4
PostPosted: Fri Jan 20, 2017 12:33 am 
Offline

Joined: Sun Jun 01, 2014 8:24 am
Posts: 309
stang1 wrote:
If your mech has a work around it please do not hesitate to PM me ! the OCD in me is ugly. I am looking to maybe get a new headset/crown combination once i read more about the specifications.


I really doubt the problem is with the actual bearing race. I'd contact Bianchi directly to discuss it with them.

_________________
Bianchi Oltre XR4 |BMC SLR01 16' |Cannondale SS Evo HM 12'| Focus Izalco Max | Ridley Helium SL 15' | Basso Diamante 15' | Bianchi Oltre XR2 | Scapin Dyseys S8 | Time ZXRS | Giant TCR SL 12' | Ridley Noah 08' | Look 585 | Cervelo Soloist SLC


Top
   
 Post subject: Re: Bianchi Oltre XR4
PostPosted: Fri Jan 20, 2017 1:28 am 
Offline

Joined: Mon Aug 22, 2016 1:33 am
Posts: 55
Looks awesome! :thumbup:


Top
   
 Post subject: Re: Bianchi Oltre XR4
PostPosted: Fri Jan 20, 2017 5:21 am 
Offline

Joined: Wed Sep 28, 2011 12:50 pm
Posts: 161
The items are all in the vision kit box :)

Image


Top
   
 Post subject: Re: Bianchi Oltre XR4
PostPosted: Fri Jan 20, 2017 8:03 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Thu Mar 06, 2008 8:43 pm
Posts: 86
Location: Soure
:thumbup:


Top
   
 Post subject: Re: Bianchi Oltre XR4
Posted: Fri Jan 20, 2017 8:03 am 


Top
   
 
 Post subject: Re: Bianchi Oltre XR4
PostPosted: Fri Jan 20, 2017 11:00 am 
Offline

Joined: Wed Jan 18, 2017 5:02 pm
Posts: 5
theletterk wrote:
jlu wrote:
Does anybody know why size 50 and 53 have the same reach? Is the only difference only the frame height (stack)?


Went to see the geometries for the other sizes and they are all different. Did you get them a little nice mixed up jlu?


Of course are they different.What I refer to is the REACH. Same reach for size 50 and 53. Setback is different due to shorter top tube and seat angle. But the reach is the same for both sizes...strange.


Top
   
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 130 posts ]  Go to page Previous 13 4 5 6 79 Next

   Similar Topics   Author   Replies   Views   Last post 
There are no new unread posts for this topic. Attachment(s) Bianchi Oltre XR3

[ Go to page: 1 2 3 ]

in Road

thebucket

37

8606

Wed Sep 27, 2017 4:59 pm

TonyM View the latest post

There are no new unread posts for this topic. Bianchi Oltre XR4 (7.3kg w/ SRM PC8)

[ Go to page: 1 2 3 ]

in Introduce Yourself / Gallery - Please use metric weights.

Seedster

35

5519

Thu Nov 30, 2017 2:54 am

zappafile123 View the latest post

There are no new unread posts for this topic. Colnago C60 or Bianchi Oltre XR4?

[ Go to page: 1 2 3 4 ]

in Road

Noctiluxx

56

5132

Thu Sep 28, 2017 2:42 pm

nismosr View the latest post

There are no new unread posts for this topic. Bianchi Oltre XR4 frameset-----Where to buy?

in Everything wheels

Noctiluxx

1

354

Thu Aug 10, 2017 4:31 am

Noctiluxx View the latest post

There are no new unread posts for this topic. Attachment(s) De Rosa SK Pininfarina vs Bianchi Oltre XR4

[ Go to page: 1 2 3 4 ]

in Road

TwinSpokes21

57

7162

Thu Nov 23, 2017 3:40 am

r_mutt View the latest post


All times are UTC+01:00


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: RMcC and 15 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Limited