Bianchi Oltre XR4

Who are you (no off-topic talk please)

Moderators: MrCurrieinahurry, maxim809, Moderator Team

jlu

by jlu

stang1 wrote:
theletterk wrote:
jlu wrote:Hi. I guess it's a 50. What is your inseam?

yup...size is 50. my inseam is 77.5cm

Any word from your mechanic yet ? :(

What do you mean?

Your bike is a 53 right?

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

theletterk

by theletterk

jlu wrote:
stang1 wrote:
theletterk wrote:

What do you mean?

Your bike is a 53 right?

My bike is size 50 :)

theletterk

by theletterk

stang1 wrote:
theletterk wrote:

Yes. I went down today to speak to him and I happened to see a XR4 built up. It had the same spacing like you said! I'm not sure why it is like that and he said there is nothing wrong. Probably a batch by batch problem with the crown. Mine is made in Vietnam and the one I saw today is made in Taiwan. Could this be the problem?

Here is the pic I took of the bike I saw today

theletterk

by theletterk

Also, the integrated bar has finally arrived and I'm glad I can fit it up in the next few days. Will take some pics once it's all done.

thebucket

by thebucket

theletterk wrote:Also, the integrated bar has finally arrived and I'm glad I can fit it up in the next few days. Will take some pics once it's all done.

Did you order it at Bianchi? because it is not celeste and looks like the one i ordered as non-bianchi version at my FSA Metron dealer.

I'm asking because i want to know if the frameset was delivered with both headset top cups. The standard type for the standard stems which is on your photos, and the bianchi-Metron5D proprietary one. Or was the latter one included with your handlebar?

theletterk

by theletterk

:) sharp eyes!

I chose this Col scheme because I don't want to end up having a Celeste Col theme handlebar (like the fsa Celeste bar on the xr2) and the LBS also happen to be a vision retailer. And I get to use this bar if I like it on another bike next time just in case I don't get the future xr6!

I'm pretty sure the top cups for both versions would be in the bianchi package. I have not seen what in the bianchi package as the boxes are all still in the shop. What's in the vision box is not clear yet BUT I don't think they would have them in there as it's not meant specifically for bianchi. I'll update you tomorrow for this!

jlu

by jlu

Does anybody know why size 50 and 53 have the same reach? Is the only difference only the frame height (stack)?

theletterk

by theletterk

jlu wrote:Does anybody know why size 50 and 53 have the same reach? Is the only difference only the frame height (stack)?

Went to see the geometries for the other sizes and they are all different. Did you get them a little nice mixed up jlu?

stang1

by stang1

thebucket wrote:
theletterk wrote:Also, the integrated bar has finally arrived and I'm glad I can fit it up in the next few days. Will take some pics once it's all done.

Did you order it at Bianchi? because it is not celeste and looks like the one i ordered as non-bianchi version at my FSA Metron dealer.

I'm asking because i want to know if the frameset was delivered with both headset top cups. The standard type for the standard stems which is on your photos, and the bianchi-Metron5D proprietary one. Or was the latter one included with your handlebar?

I had both mine as it was bought from a stripped frameset, AFAIK, the special head cap only came with the full bikes that had the vision bars.

But ! There is hope. You can purchase it separately as a seperate item.

http://www.bianchibikes.co.uk/Accessori ... eadset_cap

stang1

by stang1

If your mech has a work around it please do not hesitate to PM me ! the OCD in me is ugly. I am looking to maybe get a new headset/crown combination once i read more about the specifications.

zappafile123

by zappafile123

stang1 wrote:If your mech has a work around it please do not hesitate to PM me ! the OCD in me is ugly. I am looking to maybe get a new headset/crown combination once i read more about the specifications.

I really doubt the problem is with the actual bearing race. I'd contact Bianchi directly to discuss it with them.
FactorOne|SartoSeta|StorckF.3|Enigma EliteHSS|SworksSL6|ColnagoC60/V3Rs|DeRosa Protos|BianchiXR4/2|BMCSLR01 16|Cdale EvoHM|Focus IzMax|RidleyHe SL/SLX|BH Ulight|BassoDiamante|Scapin DyseysS8|TimeRXRS/ZXRS|TCR SL|RidleyNoah|Look585|CerveloS5/S3

Durisic

by Durisic

Looks awesome! :thumbup:

theletterk

by theletterk

The items are all in the vision kit box :)

fritzbox

by fritzbox

:thumbup:

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

jlu

by jlu

theletterk wrote:
jlu wrote:Does anybody know why size 50 and 53 have the same reach? Is the only difference only the frame height (stack)?

Went to see the geometries for the other sizes and they are all different. Did you get them a little nice mixed up jlu?

Of course are they different.What I refer to is the REACH. Same reach for size 50 and 53. Setback is different due to shorter top tube and seat angle. But the reach is the same for both sizes...strange.