Bianchi Oltre XR4

Who are you (no off-topic talk please)

Moderators: MrCurrieinahurry, maxim809, Moderator Team

zappafile123

by zappafile123

Delorre wrote:
Madone69 wrote: not very far off the high gloss (1D colour code) one i got in 53 :thumbup:
oh... its gives a really nice ride

Euh? That around 200g more, no :?: Or around 100gr if 1600gr is excl headset, expander etc..

Pretty sure he's installed the headset. By the time he cuts the steerer, I'd guess his would be about 100g heavier.
FactorOne|SartoSeta|StorckF.3|Enigma EliteHSS|SworksSL6|ColnagoC60/V3Rs|DeRosa Protos|BianchiXR4/2|BMCSLR01 16|Cdale EvoHM|Focus IzMax|RidleyHe SL/SLX|BH Ulight|BassoDiamante|Scapin DyseysS8|TimeRXRS/ZXRS|TCR SL|RidleyNoah|Look585|CerveloS5/S3

bryrene

by bryrene

I'm planning to get an XR4, but still pretty confuse with my size. I'm 173cm and inseam 79cm.
Should I go with size 47,50,53?

My current Endurance bike Stack 522cm and Reach 385. I am not too sure if I should get a size smaller for aero bike?

You're input will be much appreciated!

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

Delorre

by Delorre

bryrene wrote:I'm planning to get an XR4, but still pretty confuse with my size. I'm 173cm and inseam 79cm.

My current Endurance bike Stack 522cm and Reach 385. I am not too sure if I should get a size smaller for aero bike?

All depends of you want to go lower at the front or not. The 53 xr4 frame has the same stack and reach as your current bike. How much seatpost showing have you now? What's your saddle height and current stem lenght? The xr4 is not that much slooping, so a 53 may be a little on the big side of things depending of your current saddle height.. I would go for a 50 if you are flexible enough, and thus avoiding something like 3cm's of spacers under the stem.

bryrene

by bryrene

Delorre wrote:
bryrene wrote:I'm planning to get an XR4, but still pretty confuse with my size. I'm 173cm and inseam 79cm.

All depends of you want to go lower at the front or not. The 53 xr4 frame has the same stack and reach as your current bike. How much seatpost showing have you now? What's your saddle height and current stem lenght? The xr4 is not that much slooping, so a 53 may be a little on the big side of things depending of your current saddle height.. I would go for a 50 if you are flexible enough, and thus avoiding something like 3cm's of spacers under the stem.

Hi Delorre,

My Seat Post height is 50cm and Saddle Height is around 68cm. Stem length is 100cm.
My current bike geometry: http://www.polygonbikes.com/ww/bikes/de ... 7#geometry
Bike Size 50

This will be my first aero bike, I have been cycling for 3 months now, hopefully I can get the right sizing for future improvement too.
How do you test flexibility?

Delorre

by Delorre

Both 50 and 53 would work based on the geo charts of your current bike. Do you have spacers under the stem now? Do you need them, are you able to ride in the drops for an extended period or not? Depending on that, go for something similar in size (oltre 53), or go for a size smaler to go lower in the front. It's up to you.

nismosr

by nismosr

theletterk wrote:As how I originally intended.

Vision metron handlebar installed

which saddle is that ?
2020 Colnago C64 Mapei-SR12 EPS-WTO 60
2022 Ridley Kanzo Adv Rival/GX AXS-Zipp 303s
2021 Basso Diamante SV-SR12 Disc EPS-WTO 60
2022 Basso Palta 2-Rival/GX AXS-Zipp 303s
2023 Colnagno G3X-SRAM Force-Levante

PSM

by PSM

Nice Bianchi!

jimaizumi

by jimaizumi

Nice bike, definitely droolworthy. How are you finding the bars? Did you have to compensate with a shorter stem length to offset the longer reach due to the in the tops?
THE PAST: 2005 C'dale R700, 2006 Spesh S-Works Tarmac Gerolsteiner, 2009 Pinarello Dogma FPX My Way, 2011 Time RXR VIP

THE PRESENT: 2016 Colnago C60 ST01, 2017 Wilier Cento 10 Ramato, Cinelli Gazetta

THE FUTURE: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

BennyC

by BennyC

Im sorry if this sounds a stupid question but does anyone have photos of XR4's so I can compare the 1D glossy celeste with the CJ matte celeste ? Im trying to figure out what colour scheme to go for? Thanks.
On a internet search the difference isn't too clear, maybe the search results are giving me photos of both. I don't know if its the light or filters but sometimes the frame colour looks more blue than green. I quite like this shade...

P.S Question about the aero bars, can you fit lights onto them?

mrgray

by mrgray

based onmy experience and other observations i have read photos won't help much with this. the fluoro celeste doesn't photo that accurately/consistently.

i think you could make the decision this way:
- do you like matt
- are you okay with the idea that matt will be harder to keep clean
- if yes and yes then get matt, if no to either then don't.
Bobo S&S Steel Bike - 7.5 kg
Oltre XR2- 6.6 kg
Look 585 - 6.8 kg
Look 695 SR :D

zappafile123

by zappafile123

The matt finish 'pops' more (seems brighter/more vibrant) when its clean than does the gloss finish. The gloss finish is a lot easier to clean, but having said that, the matt isnt too bad either - you just have to use the right product. Funnily enough the bio-washer liquid (used for decreasing components) is excellent for this purpose. I cant remember what the brand is called, but lots of bike shop mechanics have them.
FactorOne|SartoSeta|StorckF.3|Enigma EliteHSS|SworksSL6|ColnagoC60/V3Rs|DeRosa Protos|BianchiXR4/2|BMCSLR01 16|Cdale EvoHM|Focus IzMax|RidleyHe SL/SLX|BH Ulight|BassoDiamante|Scapin DyseysS8|TimeRXRS/ZXRS|TCR SL|RidleyNoah|Look585|CerveloS5/S3

fogman

by fogman

^^I use a product called Meticulous Matte by Chemical Guys to detail my matte carbon F8. Keeps the frame looking like showroom new.
http://www.chemicalguys.com/Meticulous_ ... DQodUqwDyg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
It's all downhill from here, except for the uphills.

Beaver

by Beaver

Do these frames take 25mm tires on 21C rims (real width close to 29mm)? Looks tight...

irsyad4jo

by irsyad4jo

Beaver wrote:Do these frames take 25mm tires on 21C rims (real width close to 29mm)? Looks tight...

I have an old bontrager wheel; designed by HED. (Bontrager Aeolus 6.5 (2011) I think) They are 22mm wide externally. Yes the tyre balloning is abit ugly. Impossible to remove from the brakes without scraping the frame's aluminium skewer plate away in a long run; while you try to fit it in. Anyway, no issues on fitting. I would invest in a 23mm or more wide rim though since a 25mm rim is the norm.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

irsyad4jo

by irsyad4jo

Anyone has any clue if there is an alternative top headset cap for oltre xr4? ( The black plastic covering the top headset bearing, and below the stem or stem spacers) I know the model is the Orbit C-33(44e) or whatever.

Why this? I need to lower the stack. Slamming is not enough.

Basically, I have long legs but shorter torso. So I was stucked between 50 and 53. Scared the 50 would be too small and the seatpost won't be long enough, so I got the 53. I'm already using a -17 stem but need to go lower so i'll be more comfortable in the 'modern' aero position. The current top cap is 10-15mm tall. Wondering if anyone has knowledge and experience on this. Thanks in advance!

*Times like this, I'm jealous of the pina f10 more specific geometry*