Bianchi Oltre XR4

Who are you (no off-topic talk please)

Moderators: MrCurrieinahurry, maxim809, Moderator Team

gfr75

by gfr75

I am also a happy owner of an oltre XR4 with the matt celeste finish, so beautiful :D . Until now, I had no big issues to get it clean, but it requires a bit more work.
Has someone already used the matt finish detailer of muc-Off?

https://photos.app.goo.gl/op9M0fOVOgDmcIoX2
Last edited by gfr75 on Fri Jul 14, 2017 8:00 am, edited 2 times in total.

tkbl

by tkbl

Hi all,

I wil be purchasing a XR4 in black/celeste gloss in size 53. I really want to use the Vision Metron 5d Integrated Handlebar/Stem, but its a nightmare to find the right size (especially with its 10deg forward bend). My bike fitter has suggested that I use the traditional 2 piece bar and stem instead as its a lot easier to fit. Its not possible for me to try or 'test' out the size of the 5D bar/stem so its a one shot deal.

Can anyone who owns the Metron 5d Integrated Bar/stem provide some insight as to how you got your measurements or decide on the size of the bar/stem??

Alternatively, any suggestions for stem and bar (2 piece) that would be good for the Xr4? Im looking at aero bars like the 3T Aeronova Ltd, but not sure if thats any good. Open to other suggestions.

Thanks in advance!

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

themidge

by themidge

@gfr75, your picture isn't working for me, and i assume everyone else as well

Seedster

by Seedster

tkbl wrote:Can anyone who owns the Metron 5d Integrated Bar/stem provide some insight as to how you got your measurements or decide on the size of the bar/stem??

Alternatively, any suggestions for stem and bar (2 piece) that would be good for the Xr4? Im looking at aero bars like the 3T Aeronova Ltd, but not sure if thats any good. Open to other suggestions.

Thanks in advance!

I will be facing a similar challenge as i ordered an XR4 and want the 5D in celeste. I think your shop needs to try and simulate the vision's reach, drop and stem angle with by combining bar and stem on a trainer. Most fitters would obviously prefer the flexibility of the traditional setup, but i think the bike looks better with the matching aero bar.

If you decide to go two piece i would suggest going with a 3T aeronova LTD stealth and ARX LTD Stealth, which should match the steapost well.

gfr75

by gfr75

themidge wrote:@gfr75, your picture isn't working for me, and i assume everyone else as well

I am struggling to get a google photo to be displayed correctly. I can see the picture, probably because I am logged in to google on my devices.
Before I host the picture somewhere else, I added the link.

gfr75

by gfr75

I will be facing a similar challenge as i ordered an XR4 and want the 5D in celeste. I think your shop needs to try and simulate the vision's reach, drop and stem angle with by combining bar and stem on a trainer. Most fitters would obviously prefer the flexibility of the traditional setup, but i think the bike looks better with the matching aero bar.

The same here, I also want to know the exact distance between the center of the stem until the curve of the handlebar (the reach). In a classic combo it will be for example 100mm (length of the stem) + 85mm (reach of a compact bar).
Next week, I go on holiday to Italy and will visit Milan. For sure, I will drop in the bianchi bicyle cafe http://www.bianchicafecycles.it/en :-).
I hope to find the answer over there.

tkbl

by tkbl

gfr75 wrote:

The same here, I also want to know the exact distance between the center of the stem until the curve of the handlebar (the reach). In a classic combo it will be for example 100mm (length of the stem) + 85mm (reach of a compact bar).
Next week, I go on holiday to Italy and will visit Milan. For sure, I will drop in the bianchi bicyle cafe http://www.bianchicafecycles.it/en :-).
I hope to find the answer over there.

I found the following specs online, which does help a bit for measurements (particularly the REACH):

SPECS

— Sizes: L100 x W400, 420, 440mm(c-c)
— L110 x W400, 420, 440mm(c-c)
— L120 x W400, 420, 440mm(c-c)
— L130 x W400, 420, 440mm(c-c)
— Compact 125mm drop
— 80mm Reach
— 2˚ outward bend
— Weight: 395g (420mm)

As for the XR4's Bottom Bracket, the specs indicate the XR4 uses PressFit 86.5x41mm. Im not too familiar with BB standards, but does that mean its essentially a BB86? (not sure what the .5 is about) If thats the case, would it be correct to buy a PressFit BB86 (standard 24mm)? Something like this:

https://www.bike24.com/1.php?content=8; ... 10619%5D=1

TonyM

by TonyM

Is Bianchi going to release a XR4 disc for 2018?

marek

by marek

tkbl wrote:(...)

As for the XR4's Bottom Bracket, the specs indicate the XR4 uses PressFit 86.5x41mm. Im not too familiar with BB standards, but does that mean its essentially a BB86? (not sure what the .5 is about) If thats the case, would it be correct to buy a PressFit BB86 (standard 24mm)? Something like this:

https://www.bike24.com/1.php?content=8; ... 10619%5D=1

Yes, PressFit 86.5x41mm will work BB86 standard. It's just naming difference. I have the same ceramicspeed bearings installed at XR4 and it works.

eajohnson

by eajohnson

For people considering the XR.4, first let me say that having owned one for almost a year it's an exceptional ride.

However I do have a caveat and a warning, to _carefully_ inspect your frame in every respect before taking delivery, as Bianchi are proving rather slow to accept their manufacturing defect on mine (misaligned lower seat tube bottle mount). This couldn't be a more straightforward, clear cut manufacturing defect https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xl2ETZG ... e=youtu.be and it's extremely difficult to comprehend how this could be any more than a 30 second decision to have the frame shipped back to them and the problem remedied. I hadn't noticed the problem last fall or in the spring because in the cold weather I only needed one bottle. As soon as I was into summer conditions with two bottles I noticed the problem of the cage rubbing my right leg as I pedaled and at that point I wasn't willing to be without my bike for months during the middle of the season. I customized a carbon cage to make up for the wrong angle to get me through the summer. 2017-10-19 Found out today that Bianchi is going to cover this, which is great news if a little slow coming. Whenever I buy frames in the future, I'm going to come prepared with a quick release skewer when I pick it up so that I can check bottle boss alignment.
Last edited by eajohnson on Thu Oct 19, 2017 6:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.

zed

by zed

eajohnson wrote:
Sun Oct 15, 2017 5:43 pm
For people considering the XR.4, first let me say that having owned one for almost a year it's an exceptional ride.

However I do have a caveat and a warning, to _carefully_ inspect your frame in every respect before taking delivery, as Bianchi are proving rather slow to accept their manufacturing defect on mine (misaligned lower seat tube bottle mount). This couldn't be a more straightforward, clear cut manufacturing defect https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xl2ETZG ... e=youtu.be and it's extremely difficult to comprehend how this could be any more than a 30 second decision to have the frame shipped back to them and the problem remedied. I hadn't noticed the problem last fall or in the spring because in the cold weather I only needed one bottle. As soon as I was into summer conditions with two bottles I noticed the problem of the cage rubbing my right leg as I pedaled and at that point I wasn't willing to be without my bike for months during the middle of the season. I customized a carbon cage to make up for the wrong angle to get me through the summer. 2017-10-19 Found out today that Bianchi is going to cover this, which is great news if a little slow coming. Whenever I buy frames in the future, I'm going to come prepared with a quick release skewer when I pick it up so that I can check bottle boss alignment.
I just took delivery of a 2018 Bianchi XR4 and I have the same issue... the downtube bottle cage bosses are angled toward the non-drive side of the bike. My local bike shop has seen this on a previously sold XR4 and it was replaced under warranty. This is otherwise an exceptional bike and my second Oltre. I have a 2015 Oltre XR1. I expect I will be getting it replaced. It would seem that Bianchi could raise awareness at Qaulity control to inspect for this defect before shipping out and ideally determine root cause and remedy. At the MSRP on this frame set I expect it to be free of defects.

B
http://www.zedwheels.com - wheels made just for you

gofry

by gofry

Hi Guys,
I'm lost...I was using an XS from Canyone aeroad (with the default 90 mm integrated handlebar) and same with the Ultimate newest gen. I was using a previous ultimate size XS with 100 -10 stem. Sitting at 67.4, saddle tip to handlebar c: 51 cm.
I was looking at the 50 and 47 of the oltre xr4 disc. If merely looking at the numbers except the reach 50 would be the good fit, what worried me is the reach:
385 for the 50, which is the same as the 53 and about a 1 cm more than on the canyons.
The reach of the 47 bia is the same as the canyons, but in every aspect the 47 is way smaller....so I don't get it, reach calculation at bianchi seems to be awkward.
Attachments
oltre disc 47-50-53.png
ultimate.png
aeroad.png

rekter

by rekter

Hello,
can you fit 28 wide tire on this frame ?
thanks

gofry

by gofry

rekter wrote:
Fri Jan 04, 2019 12:35 am
Hello,
can you fit 28 wide tire on this frame ?
thanks
Yeah, it can. 28" challenge tubulars worked, but 25 is better, on the disc version no issue with 28

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

eajohnson

by eajohnson

Hey all, a somewhat embarassing question but in what locations are the serial numbers on the XR.4? My original XR.4 frameset had a serial number noted on my receipt but the warranty replacement doesn't have such documentation, I need to find it off the bike. Is it the same as the number on the uniqo QR code sticker, or somewhere else? I know there are numbers visible if I remove the fork but I would think it should be possible to find a serial number without disassembling it?