First custom ww build!

Who are you (no off-topic talk please)

Moderators: MrCurrieinahurry, maxim809, Moderator Team

Kayrehn

by Kayrehn

You might think the Roval has some appeal but if that really happens you'll be spending time explaining your choice to every stranger and start doubting/regretting it eventually. I vote for Boras too! It'll be a great build!

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

518jbe

by 518jbe

I know, I always intended on building a complete Italian bike with the boras but I just like the numbers and tech of the rovals. Always try to put function over fashion! But at the end the day more than likely will end up with the boras.

Sent from my SM-G920P using Tapatalk

518jbe

by 518jbe

Ok, Ok! Bora 35's it will be. However, since Christmas just came and went it will be a couple of weeks before I can replenish the cookie jar. So for now, so I can get this built and start riding, I will use my Reynolds Attacks in the interim. Thank you all for the input and advice! New scales ordered, will post better images and weights soon.

518jbe

by 518jbe

Quick question - what about Fulcrum Speed 40's? Don't like the red decals but like the weight and the fact that they are a little deeper. Given the fact that it is always blowing 10-18mph most days don't want to go too deep!

Wookski

by Wookski

518jbe wrote:Quick question - what about Fulcrum Speed 40's? Don't like the red decals but like the weight and the fact that they are a little deeper. Given the fact that it is always blowing 10-18mph most days don't want to go too deep!

There's f all difference between the speed 40's and the Bora 35's. If you're looking for good value try the Bora One- I have a pair as everyday training wheels and they're fantastic. IMO fulcrums are for people running non campy mechs to avoid the dreaded Shimagnolo.

Wookski

by Wookski

518jbe wrote:I know, I always intended on building a complete Italian bike with the boras but I just like the numbers and tech of the rovals. Always try to put function over fashion! But at the end the day more than likely will end up with the boras.

Campagnolo wheels are significantly better quality than Roval. They win in both fashion and function.

Seedster

by Seedster

If budget is a consideration, i would go for Bora One 50s. I don't know anything about Rovals to comment on their quality.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

518jbe

by 518jbe

By the way this is my current ride. Will do another post just for this but thought I'd share my current steed.

20161230_173107.jpg