Uber Weenie Aluminum Bike

Who are you (no off-topic talk please)

Moderators: MrCurrieinahurry, maxim809, Moderator Team

LouisN

by LouisN

Hope you'll place the shifters a ( much,much ) few mm's higher on the real bars ;)

Louis :)

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

nvroadie

by nvroadie

I had some time to put together a spread sheet tonight, and things look very promising! I think that a CADD10 will be the way to go, as I can save a little money. I rounded up to the nearest multiple of 5, so some things are listed a little heavy. The actual weight without wheels should be around 4650g. I haven't decided on wheels, and would like some suggestions. I'm looking for something around 1,200g for around $500. I think that Farsports/carbonspeedcycle is the way to go, but let me know what you guys think.

nvroadie

evan326

by evan326

Are those actual weights? My S-Works Toupe is 150g
Either way I'm eagerly watching this post.

nvroadie

by nvroadie

evan326 wrote:Are those actual weights? My S-Works Toupe is 150g
Either way I'm eagerly watching this post.

These are weights that I found on the forum, and remembered[emoji3] The Toupe that I would like to find is from 2012, and weights in at 118g. Glad you're interested in my build!

nvroadie

KC

by KC

Watching this as well. I have two sub 6k caads. A 2002 anodized caad7 and a caad9 from 2010. The 7 is 5.7kg. I have one S Works Toupe in white that I have had for several years. It comes in at 120g. Good luck with your build. It's easy to do with SRAM red 10 and some light wheels. (1340g custom build)

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

KC

by KC

Gotta use an sisl2 on this project!! If it fits in this budget.

nvroadie

by nvroadie

KC wrote:Watching this as well. I have two sub 6k caads. A 2002 anodized caad7 and a caad9 from 2010. The 7 is 5.7kg. I have one S Works Toupe in white that I have had for several years. It comes in at 120g. Good luck with your build. It's easy to do with SRAM red 10 and some light wheels. (1340g custom build)

I have always loved the Cadd range, and always wanted one. I have a SuperSix Evo, and love it. And sadly the SiSL2 is not in my budget. I think that a Rotor or SRAM Red crank will be fine, and I can find great deals on both! Glad you're interested in the build!

nvroadie

kervelo

by kervelo

nvroadie wrote:...I think that a CADD10 will be the way to go, as I can save a little money...

With a CAAD12 frame you would save some weight, if I am correct. Perhaps gain some more comfort too.

Several UK shops are selling CAAD12 framesets between 500 and 600 GBP. At least that was the case two weeks ago, when I ordered my CAAD12.

nvroadie

by nvroadie

kervelo wrote:
nvroadie wrote:...I think that a CADD10 will be the way to go, as I can save a little money...

With a CAAD12 frame you would save some weight, if I am correct. Perhaps gain some more comfort too.

Several UK shops are selling CAAD12 framesets between 500 and 600 GBP. At least that was the case two weeks ago, when I ordered my CAAD12.

I want the CADD 10, as the geometry and seatpost specs are the same as on my Evo.

nvroadie

by nvroadie

I was not to pleased with the esthetics of the levers, so I decided to take of even more material! I traced the lever shape and used a jigsaw to cut it out. I used the jigsaw because it was a lot less crude than using the Dremel. I also cut a little material of the bottom of the levers and rounded them of. The current weight of both is 13.2g with clear coat. The shifters are now 230g with the stock clamps, and should be around 222g with tuned Red 22 clamps. The updated pictures are below. These are the lightest I've seen, but that isn't worth much as I've been lurking this forum for less than a year. I have found a CADD10 frame on eBay, and a HiMod fork from 2011.

nvroadie ImageImage

jkzy

by jkzy

Those levers are sick!Can't wait to see the end result of your build

livestrong1986

by livestrong1986

Shifters looks ugly

nvroadie

by nvroadie

jkzy wrote:Those levers are sick!Can't wait to see the end result of your build

Thanks, I a lot of fun tuning them, and am looking forward to doing the rear derailleur. Glad you're interested in the build!

nvroadie

by nvroadie

I did some reevaluating of weights and budget, and updated the spreadsheet. The overall weight has gone up to save some money. I decided on some 24mm deep 21mm wide wheels from carbonspeedcycle. They are not as light as I would like, but the price is right. I looked at KINLIN XR200 wheels from the same seller, but decided that I didn't want the rims based on some reviews. I also changed to Ciamillo brakes, but don't know if they will fit into my budget. I seriously reevaluated the cable weight as well. Here is the updated spreadsheet: Image

nvroadie

evan326

by evan326

nvroadie wrote:I also changed to Ciamillo brakes, but don't know if they will fit into my budget.
nvroadie

Isn't that the guy that has screwed a bunch of people over?

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com