2017 Cannondale Evo eTap

Who are you (no off-topic talk please)

Moderators: MrCurrieinahurry, maxim809, Moderator Team

Dan Gerous

by Dan Gerous

Sorry it will have to wait, winter arrived here and roads are already full of salt and crap, it's winter beater season. :(

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

ND4SPD

by ND4SPD

Dan Gerous wrote:
Sun Oct 29, 2017 5:11 pm
I downsized the chainrings because I spent the summer in the Pyrénées, I also used a 11-30 cassette most of the time, it makes life much easier to be climbing a lot everyday, especially if you have to ride with slower climbers or for those odd monster rides.
Do you have WiFLi rear derailleur?

Dan Gerous

by Dan Gerous

ND4SPD wrote:
Mon Feb 25, 2019 3:00 am
No, it works with a short cage... but I wouldn't stretch it to a 32.

But I'm back in Canada without much hard climbs now, so the 11-28 is back on... with Enve 3.4.

Jugi

by Jugi

Usually I don't find SuperSixs to be special or desirable, but that is a beautifully proportionate build. Nicely done!

ND4SPD

by ND4SPD

Dan Gerous wrote:
Mon Feb 25, 2019 2:29 pm
ND4SPD wrote:
Mon Feb 25, 2019 3:00 am
No, it works with a short cage... but I wouldn't stretch it to a 32.

But I'm back in Canada without much hard climbs now, so the 11-28 is back on... with Enve 3.4.
Thank you, I was wondering will it work...

Did you have any cross-chain issues?

I think 50/34 with 11-30 should be fine for most of mine climbs, although for "safety margin" I would like 11-32, 11-34 or even 11-36 :)

Are you still on Mavic skewers? Hollowgram SiSL2 does look much better on Supersix than standard Sram Red crankset :)

For me, one of the most beautiful bikes here, but if you are now mostly on straight roads, it deserves some deeper wheels, at first glance I thought that are Enve SES 2.2 wheels :D

ENVE SES 4.5 or 5.6, Roval CLX 50, and I quite like these Easton EC90 AERO55:

Last edited by ND4SPD on Tue Feb 26, 2019 2:07 am, edited 1 time in total.

gurk700

by gurk700

Man I'm normally not a huge fan of cannondales but that thing is hot. Contrats!

Dan Gerous

by Dan Gerous

ND4SPD wrote:
Tue Feb 26, 2019 2:04 am
Thank you, I was wondering will it work...

Did you have any cross-chain issues?

I think 50/34 with 11-30 should be fine for most of mine climbs, although for "safety margin" I would like 11-32, 11-34 or even 11-36 :)

Are you still on Mavic skewers? Hollowgram SiSL2 does look much better on Supersix than standard Sram Red crankset :)

For me, one of the most beautiful bikes here, but if you are now mostly on straight roads, it deserves some deeper wheels, at first glance I thought that are Enve SES 2.2 wheels :D

ENVE SES 4.5 or 5.6, Roval CLX 50, and I quite like these Easton EC90 AERO55:
No cross chain issues, I never use the stupid small-small combos and I try to mostly avoid the biggest, maybe two biggest cogs when I'm on the big ring but it still can be ridden in any cog when on the big ring with a properly sized chain (chain was sized for the stock 52/36 and 11-28 cassette, worked fine on 50/34 and 11-30).

34x30 is pretty low, I thought it would be good to have it mostly for riding along slower riders on bike tours in the Pyrénées or as a bail out gear for huge mountain rides, but I barely ever used it the past two summers I spent in the mountains.

I use the Enve Skewers... but they're actually rebranded Mavic skewers, just with a lighter Ti rod and Enve designed composite levers so they work just as well but in a nicer looking, lighter package.

Switching to the Hollowgram SISL2 does look better, also a tad lighter and allows me to use the Hollowgram Stages PM I had.

But even here in Canada, I don't ride flat straight roads much, I get bored on those (I guess I would get rid of these sections quicker with deeper wheels! Ha Ha!) so I prefer riding hilly roads and trying to find as many climbs as possible, they're just not as long as in the Pyrénées so I still prefer lighter rims than heavier more aero options in general.

Have you noticed how impossible it is to for cameras to render that fluo red color properly? It's so nice and luminous in real life but it always just looks red with a dash of orange in photos.

ND4SPD

by ND4SPD

dak wrote:
Tue Dec 06, 2016 10:30 pm
any idea what the weight on the wheels is?
Dan Gerous wrote:
Tue Dec 06, 2016 10:58 pm
Someone here posted the weight of his, they were a little over 1500gr if I remember but that was with the included rim strips. I haven't checked mine as I don't have a super precise scale. Claimed weight I was told from someone at Cannondale is 1420-1460 grams without strips.
viewtopic.php?t=142479

I don't know if this is for disc version or not.

Cannondale claims 1366g for a set of clincher Hollowgram SI wheels, 1466g for disc version of Hollowgram SI, and 1417 for disc version of Hollowgram SL in their catalogue from 2017., difference between SI and SL version are hubs, SI version have Hollowgram/Cannondale custom hubs, SL have DT Swiss 240 hubs.

https://issuu.com/monzaimports/docs/cd_ ... al_edition

Catalogues from 2017., and from 2019., Cannondale claims 1392g for clincher Hollowgram SI wheels, 1378g for clincher Hollowgram SL, and 1520g for Hollowgram wheels, difference between wheels are spokes and the number of the spokes.

Cannondale catalogue from 2018., doesn't mention wheels anywhere.

In their 2016., catalogue, Cannondale doesn't have Hollowgram clincher wheels, just disc wheels, Hollowgram, and Hollowgram SL, difference is in the hubs, the same as mentioned.

https://issuu.com/cannondale_usa/docs/2 ... d_rev_06-2
Dan Gerous wrote:
Tue Feb 26, 2019 9:47 pm
No cross chain issues, I never use the stupid small-small combos and I try to mostly avoid the biggest, maybe two biggest cogs when I'm on the big ring but it still can be ridden in any cog when on the big ring with a properly sized chain (chain was sized for the stock 52/36 and 11-28 cassette, worked fine on 50/34 and 11-30).

34x30 is pretty low, I thought it would be good to have it mostly for riding along slower riders on bike tours in the Pyrénées or as a bail out gear for huge mountain rides, but I barely ever used it the past two summers I spent in the mountains.

I use the Enve Skewers... but they're actually rebranded Mavic skewers, just with a lighter Ti rod and Enve designed composite levers so they work just as well but in a nicer looking, lighter package.

Switching to the Hollowgram SISL2 does look better, also a tad lighter and allows me to use the Hollowgram Stages PM I had.

But even here in Canada, I don't ride flat straight roads much, I get bored on those (I guess I would get rid of these sections quicker with deeper wheels! Ha Ha!) so I prefer riding hilly roads and trying to find as many climbs as possible, they're just not as long as in the Pyrénées so I still prefer lighter rims than heavier more aero options in general.

Have you noticed how impossible it is to for cameras to render that fluo red color properly? It's so nice and luminous in real life but it always just looks red with a dash of orange in photos.
Thank you for your answer.

One more question, do you think the frame and the brakes will fit 28mm tyres? Let's say Vittoria Corsa G+...

Dan Gerous

by Dan Gerous

ND4SPD wrote:
Wed Mar 13, 2019 8:10 am
dak wrote:
Tue Dec 06, 2016 10:30 pm
any idea what the weight on the wheels is?
Dan Gerous wrote:
Tue Dec 06, 2016 10:58 pm
Someone here posted the weight of his, they were a little over 1500gr if I remember but that was with the included rim strips. I haven't checked mine as I don't have a super precise scale. Claimed weight I was told from someone at Cannondale is 1420-1460 grams without strips.
viewtopic.php?t=142479

I don't know if this is for disc version or not.

Cannondale claims 1366g for a set of clincher Hollowgram SI wheels, 1466g for disc version of Hollowgram SI, and 1417 for disc version of Hollowgram SL in their catalogue from 2017., difference between SI and SL version are hubs, SI version have Hollowgram/Cannondale custom hubs, SL have DT Swiss 240 hubs.

https://issuu.com/monzaimports/docs/cd_ ... al_edition

Catalogues from 2017., and from 2019., Cannondale claims 1392g for clincher Hollowgram SI wheels, 1378g for clincher Hollowgram SL, and 1520g for Hollowgram wheels, difference between wheels are spokes and the number of the spokes.

Cannondale catalogue from 2018., doesn't mention wheels anywhere.

In their 2016., catalogue, Cannondale doesn't have Hollowgram clincher wheels, just disc wheels, Hollowgram, and Hollowgram SL, difference is in the hubs, the same as mentioned.

https://issuu.com/cannondale_usa/docs/2 ... d_rev_06-2
Dan Gerous wrote:
Tue Feb 26, 2019 9:47 pm

Thank you for your answer.

One more question, do you think the frame and the brakes will fit 28mm tyres? Let's say Vittoria Corsa G+...
The rim brake Hollowgram SI wheels (with the cheaper, crappier non-DT hubs) are definitely more than 1366gr, they're over 1450gr without QR and rim tape... The disc rims are actually lighter than the clinchers AFAIK, they're completely different rims, made by different companies...

I'm not sure about the stock SRAM Red brakes but with my EE brakes, 28mm Corsa G+ definitely fit with room to spare.

ND4SPD

by ND4SPD

Dan Gerous wrote:
Wed Mar 13, 2019 3:27 pm

I'm not sure about the stock SRAM Red brakes but with my EE brakes, 28mm Corsa G+ definitely fit with room to spare.
Thnx :)