New to Weight Weenies heres my current stable

Who are you (no off-topic talk please)

Moderators: MrCurrieinahurry, maxim809, Moderator Team

MrRob

by MrRob

Hello all,

Long time browser first time poster thought I should share my current bikes.

My first proper road bike was a Canyon Ultimate AL SLX and I love it still is my favourite bike and has had most of my money thrown at it, I recently swapped out the shifters and derailleurs from Ultegra 6800 to SRAM Etap and I love it, I've also swapped on Absolute black oval chain rings, Sram red 22 chain and Powertaps P1 powermeters. I'll be looking for a lighter set of wheels for it soon but don't have many more plans to change it.

I then picked up an old 2010 Cannodale Carbon SIX, I paid a little over what I should have and immediately stripped it of its 105 and mavic aksiums, I fitted Ultegra 6800 throughout and Cero AR30 wheels, It currently has Look Keo Blade 2 pedals, In the pic below it has a Brooks c13 carbon saddle, a deda stem and the cannondale seatpost, to save some weight I have recently swapped the seatpost for a hylix one, the saddle for a carbon one from ebay and the stem for a Kalloy 120mm one.

I'm looking at swapping the front fork for a Supersix Evo one and stripping it of paint but its my all weather bike so it can't spend too much time off the road, I also have a litespeed Saber TT bike made from odds and sods I had I'll try and upload a picture shortly

Ignore the positioning on the TT this was from my second test ride

Any recommendations on cheap weight reduction on the cannondale would be greatly recieved :)

Cheers
Rob
Last edited by MrRob on Sun Dec 04, 2016 2:55 pm, edited 3 times in total.

MrRob

by MrRob

The cannondale also briefly had these Cosine 55m carbon wheels on before I moved them to my TT bike

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

CPongpanich

by CPongpanich

Both bikes are lovely. Love your aggressive setup. However, I do find it strange to have that much of spacers below your stems.

Cheers

evan326

by evan326

Nice bikes!

zwingz

by zwingz

Nice bikes. Before you buy a supersix evo fork, I would double check your six. I have what appears to be the same frame, and the fork steerer is a straight 1/8" with no taper, so an evo fork wont fit. There are plenty of others that will, and they can be had for pretty cheap, as straight 1/8" is not used much anymore. besides the fork, it appears you hit all the heavy spots.

liam7020

by liam7020

CPongpanich wrote:Both bikes are lovely. Love your aggressive setup. However, I do find it strange to have that much of spacers below your stems.

Cheers

Why?
Tarmac SL6 & Campag Record EPS https://weightweenies.starbike.com/foru ... 0&t=153968

"Sometimes you don't need a plan. You just need big balls." Tom Boonen

CPongpanich

by CPongpanich

liam7020 wrote:
CPongpanich wrote:Both bikes are lovely. Love your aggressive setup. However, I do find it strange to have that much of spacers below your stems.

Cheers

Why?

It's a bit weird that you are able to archive that aggressive setup with that amount of spaces below your stem. Can you tell your height and your bike size?

MrRob

by MrRob

I'm 6ft 1 ish and the bikes are 56CM frames, I have in fact dropped the stem lower on the redbike recently and extended it to 120mm, will try and get a photo taken today (desperately need to clean the bike and fit new chain and cassette, after a very muddy ride yesterday)

kgt

by kgt

I would not change to fork of the Six. Why do that? To loose a few grams? Now your frameset is exactly as it should be. If you want to llose weight just get a lw saddle or a lighter wheelset.

MrRob

by MrRob

Complete bike as it is currently, new stem saddle, pedals and seatpost, please excuse the mud, weather here is terrible and my newborn doesn't think I should have time to clean the bike :roll:

Hylix seatpost and generic carbon saddle

Kalloy uno stem (120mm).

Bike is overdue a strip down and rebuild, I have an 11-28 cassette to go on (cornish hills can be brutal), sram red 22 chain, some lightish bartape and complete new set of gear and brake cables.

MrRob

by MrRob

@KGT wheels are pretty light cycle division Cero AR30's I'll weigh them when I do a proper strip down and rebuild on it they're apparently 1399g +/- 1%

https://www.cycledivision.co.uk/product ... r-wheelset

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

evan326

by evan326

Nice, I just got the same seat post, stem combo for my caad 12.