Sub 6kg Supersix Evo Red (2013)

Who are you (no off-topic talk please)

Moderators: MrCurrieinahurry, maxim809, Moderator Team

mikey168

by mikey168

Howdy folks, thought I'd share my build with you all, based on a size 56 SuperSix Evo

SRAM Red22 groupset with mid-cage rear mech and 11-32t cassette
SiSL2 crankset with compact OPI Spidering and Stages power meter
Lightweight Meilenstein clinchers (16/20)
Schmolke handlebar
Extralite stem
MCFK seatpost
San Marco Aspide FX carbon saddle
Arundel Mandible cage

Net weight is 5.94kg as pictured.

Could go lighter with 11-28 cassette and short-cage mech instead but the hills in my area are rather vicious so I'll stick to this tune. That said though more changes are on the way to trim off hopefully another 120-150g from the overall system weight without compromising practicality but for now I'm quite satisfied with the result - bike still rides solidly without feeling 'fragile' like my previous WW project. It certainly feels a lot more alive since trimming 1.5kg from stock tune... :-)

Any questions welcomed

bencolem

by bencolem

With a 34T/32T lowest gear and a 13lb weight those hills must really be savage! Great all round build but looks like a 54cm frame might have worked better for you?

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

KCookie

by KCookie

Gutted, Can't seem to get the image. Sounds nice. !!!

mikey168

by mikey168

bencolem wrote:With a 34T/32T lowest gear and a 13lb weight those hills must really be savage! Great all round build but looks like a 54cm frame might have worked better for you?

Yes but this frameset (in this colour scheme) are very hard to find brand new, it was pure luck that I came across this frame in a random bike shop that I went into...

It wasn't difficult to adjust to a size 56, the reach is just about perfect (with 90mm Stem) but I've had to lower the seatpost quite considerably, my fit has just about dialled in now so no more dramas

mikey168

by mikey168

Juanmoretime wrote:Very nice build and very appealing to the eyes. I've found a soft spot in my heart for the Super Six after renting one earlier this year on a trip. I found out what its all about!

For me it was the bike handling characteristics that had the lasting impression on me, perfect for the hairpins/switchbacks on the mountain descents!

Light and stiff enough for climbing, yet compliant and agile

Frankie - B
Admin - In the industry

by Frankie - B

The bike is nice, but what are you using as a bike storage? is seems like a nice special made product for it.

(oh, and can you please align the logo's of the tires with the valves? it does make a 5000 dollar bike look better.)
'Tape was made to wrap your GF's gifts, NOT hold a freakin tire on.'
If you want to see 'meh' content of me and my bike you can follow my life in pictures here!

kgt

by kgt

Amazing bike!
Just get rid of those LWs asap! They are dangerous to ride (lol)

mikey168

by mikey168

Frankie - B wrote:The bike is nice, but what are you using as a bike storage? is seems like a nice special made product for it.

(oh, and can you please align the logo's of the tires with the valves? it does make a 5000 dollar bike look better.)

I built a custom display shelf (with an integrated folding workbench) for it... will post photos of it when completed ;-)

When I can be bothered I will align the tyre logos with the valve someday, guess I'm just not very anal when it comes to presentation lol

mikey168

by mikey168

kgt wrote:Amazing bike!
Just get rid of those LWs asap! They are dangerous to ride (lol)

I know right, I am forever more paranoid when riding with the LW's, avoiding any potholes or rough roads like a plague lol

Seriously, the braking performance was better than I expected on the descents (although I NEVER ride in the wet) and although they climbed phenomenally, they really suck at handling crosswinds lol...

Durisic

by Durisic

super good!! :thumbup:

jonasd

by jonasd

Love the color combo on this bike. The LW wheels match it quite nicely.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com