Hi there everyone! The last 5-6 mounts I've been planning, buying parts, and building my first XC-oriented bike (only ridden free ride oriented styles till now), and I have to say I'm quite pleased with the result. As per now, the weight is at around 6,7kg, but I'm going to get it down to 6.2-6.4kg when I'm completely done (if I'll ever be), as I'm currently running Syntace flat pedals borrowed from my street rig (Bebops are on their way), heavy ODI lock-on grips from one of my bikes, Chinese stem, bars, seatpost and saddle. All these parts are going to be changed to Extralite/Schmolke etc. during the next year;) Here are some photos of the bike.
Main parts speclist:
- frame: Xiamen Carbon Speed CS-196-SL 19"
- fork: Xiamen Carbon Speed FK023 with 15mm axle
- rims: Light-Bicycle carbon, lightest 650B version (32h rear, 28h front)
- hubs: Extralite HyperFront (15mm) and HyperRear2 (12mm) with hybrid-ceramic bearings
- spokes: Sapim CX-Super
- cassette: Sram XG-1195
- derailleur and shifter: Shimano XTR M9000 with a lot of alu/ti bolts, and new pulleys with ceramic bearings.
- crank: Race Face Next SL
- brakes: Formula R1 Racing 2016, black
- lots of cheap Chinese cockpit parts.