Show me your ti bikes

Moderators: maxim809, Moderator Team

12x23

by 12x23

Craig311 wrote:Please see my custom Tommasini Mach with Campagnolo Super Record 80 Year Anniversary Groupset and Wheelset
Tommasini_matt_new.jpg

Nice velo! Deserves more photos!

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

jörgl

by jörgl

New wheelset...

Elrey

by Elrey

Formation face on...?

jörgl

by jörgl

...DT 240S.

HillRPete

by HillRPete

Had already posted this bike last year, but for various reasons never started putting it to regular use. Over the winter I did some tweaks (saddle, steel fork with good clearance) and love how it rides now. Usually the Open Pro wheelset with Challenge Almanzos is in use, but today I put the Yishun tubs on, for a quick spin with a friend.

Maybe its just placebo, but the ride of the Ti is great. Also liking the lo-fi aesthetics of the raw frame. Looking forward to lots of gravel and climbing, the snowline is already receding.

Attachments
exp-640.jpg
exp2-640.jpg

michel2

by michel2

toiyuet wrote:Merlin Newsboy 1997 s/n 00001

now that deserve more photos !! lovely bikes boss !!

kgt

by kgt

Lovely bikes, especially the Enigma. Horizontal top tubes rule!

ronderman

by ronderman

Not typically seen together.

Moots - Red - Enve Cockpit - Cosmic wheels - size 56cm

Firefly - Record - SiSL2 cranks - SLR Wheels - Deda Cockpit - size 60cm (but custom)

Personally, I'm more on the firefly side. For me, and this me, the moots slopes too much. I really do like Moots a lot, but the slope is just too much. Both bikes are press fit BB30 and both weight 17.1. Firefly has oversized head tube and oversized stays (I'm a Clydesdale).

Untitled by velomonkeys, on Flickr

Calnago
In Memoriam

by Calnago

Some really nice looking bikes lately in here. I'm of the "horizontal top tubes rule" thinking myself... to me they just look so much better.

What I don't get (never have) are those "kinked" Thompson seat posts. Most unelegant things ever. Looks like they start life as a zero set back post, then to get the proper setback it gets stuck in a vice and bent.
Colnago C64 - The Naked Build; Colnago C60 - PR99; Trek Koppenberg - Where Emonda and Domane Meet;
Unlinked Builds (searchable): Colnago C59 - 5 Years Later; Trek Emonda SL Campagnolo SR; Special Colnago EPQ

jbaillie

by jbaillie

I see absolutely no problem with the Thomson setback (I ride a 25mm setback 3T post) but I think we can all agree that it shouldn't be done backwards, on a cross bike with aerobars.

Tenlegs

by Tenlegs

I agree, ugly things, but Thomson has seen the light at last.
http://www.bikerumor.com/2014/03/18/tho ... st-design/

threadless

by threadless

I'm slowing upgrading my old Litespeed in preparation for this summer's riding. Just installed a DA 7800 grouppo. I'm thinking of keeping the 7400 cranks because they are decently light (especially with the American Classic ti spindle bb I have). The wheels are next, and I'm planning to do some light hubs to Kinlin XR-300s. It isn't as high budget as some of the beauties on here, but it'll get the job done.

FredV

by FredV

Here's my Nevi Spinas :
Attachments
Nevi1.jpg

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

teleguy57

by teleguy57

]New Hampsten ti Gran Paradiso. Replaced my 2011 version as my position changed and the bike was a little more flexible than I decided I really wanted (I had asked Steve to make it more comfortable than stiff). This one has fatter DT and TT, plus a larger HT while no going the full 44mm route. Larger BB shell for PF30 and FAT 1" chainstays! (Note: bars have been retaped after I tweaked my position -- with no offending brake lever clamps exposed:))

Absolutely love the ride (still incredible comfortable) but no movement in the front end when climbing standing, and when I push on the pedals on the flats the power goes right to the drivetrain and the bike just goes. Did I say how much I love this bike?!?!?!

Gotta love the pig!

Certainly not a grimpeur at 90kg...

Plenty of clearance w/25mm tubulars

Amazing welds, PF30BB, fat chainstays