Mr. Black #2 - Super Weenie Budget Build Round 2

Who are you (no off-topic talk please)

Moderators: MrCurrieinahurry, maxim809, Moderator Team

jonasd

by jonasd

Great build! Impressive how quickly you got it all together (well, except for the wheels). What rims are you going with for the ultralight wheel build?

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

Clean39T

by Clean39T

Great inspiration for my SS EVO HM winter build, also a 58cm and going for budget weenie. I'm considering paying a local company to strip and clearcoat my '13 frameset...but I'd probably try to source some black Cannondale decals to go on it - something like what the older Black Inc got, just a head badge and top-tube. I won't get to your level - maybe sub-12lb. depending on wheels. I'll get an intro post up soon.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comanche_man

by Comanche_man

Clean39T wrote:Great inspiration for my SS EVO HM winter build, also a 58cm and going for budget weenie. I'm considering paying a local company to strip and clearcoat my '13 frameset...but I'd probably try to source some black Cannondale decals to go on it - something like what the older Black Inc got, just a head badge and top-tube. I won't get to your level - maybe sub-12lb. depending on wheels. I'll get an intro post up soon.
Sounds like a good project. I still haven't figured out what I am going to do for graphics yet, but it won't stay completely nude forever.

KCookie wrote:Looks great, nice proportions and amazing weight. Well done. !!!
How many links in the chain at 222g, was looking at changing to KMC and wondered how many grams I could save. !!! Cheers.
Thanks! I believe I counted 117 links, hopefully that is correct.

I figure I should post my saddles at this point since I forgot to earlier.

So currently installed:
Smud Carbon (70 grams)

The saddle that will be going on soon:
M2 Racer Carbon saddle (53.5 grams)
Current Weight Weenies:
Cannondale Evo HM (In Progress)
Cannondale CAAD 9 - 6.44kg
Cannondale CAAD 5 Track - 6.55kg
Kona Kula Supreme Mtb - 8.97kg

Other Bikes:
De Rosa Primato, 1988 Cannondale Criterium, Cannondale CAAD 8, Surly Steamroller, YETI ASR

jkzy

by jkzy

Your original Mr Black was amazing and this one is shaping up nicely.Can't wait to see it in the final configuration!

gtinut

by gtinut

what kind of clear coat did you use?