Project Specialized Roubaix 2017 (finished pg.4)

Who are you (no off-topic talk please)

Moderators: MrCurrieinahurry, maxim809, Moderator Team

tomyboy123

by tomyboy123

JoeFlan wrote:Did you clear coat the whole frame or just the masked out plastidip parts?

Just the masked out Plasti Dip parts.
This gloss from Full Dip (Made in Spain) is different than Plasti Dip Glossifier. You shouldn't apply it on any other surface.
You can get really high gloss finish with this Full Dip product, like Autoflex profesional High Gloss, but you have to be cerful, to protect the original paint.
It is hard to remove it afterwards, because it acts like normal clear coat.
I tried to protect the stickers, so I did another thin coat of gloss, well this was a mistake. Now I got much more glossy finish that I wanted.
But it is OK, Neon Yellow really doesn't reflect light well, so frankly not a big deal.
Maybe I'll do the back of the frame at the and of the season, if this holds up OK. :D

tomyboy123

by tomyboy123

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

tomyboy123

by tomyboy123

Now is getting serious...

by 9734344

Yeah hmm............

I wonder what grouppo I should put on my winter bike........ Oh I know Dura Ace 9100 cos then I have the option of a wide ratio cassette. YES it's perrfect. it's like it was designed for a winter bike.
(maybe that was Shimano's aim? I'm a bit of a Campy man myself.) - No Seriously

Really enjoying the project, hopefully the bike should least for years to come.

Looking forward to seeing the finished product. Good Luck
I'm not a NUMBER.........I'm a Free Man

tomyboy123

by tomyboy123

9734344 wrote:Yeah hmm............

I wonder what grouppo I should put on my winter bike........ Oh I know Dura Ace 9100 cos then I have the option of a wide ratio cassette. YES it's perrfect. it's like it was designed for a winter bike.
(maybe that was Shimano's aim? I'm a bit of a Campy man myself.) - No Seriously

Really enjoying the project, hopefully the bike should least for years to come.

Looking forward to seeing the finished product. Good Luck

9734344 Good one... :lol:
Me to, especially this "wonder of engineer" called Future Shock. :lol:

I have to say, I just hope this components performs as they look and feel.
E-tap is great, but this is on another level regarding design and maybe quality. Rear derailleur is like something from the Batman Movie.
Shame is, they can charge us virtually anything they want for new bling and "we" suckers will buy it. :oops:
That said, as with old Diverge, this is not going to be just a water bike.
I love road disk brakes so much, that I'm planning to ride it more like 80% of my rides.
Just waiting for new set of wheels, than I'll make a photo of the bike, well, half finished.
Sadly i'll have to wait until march or april to finish the build.
Just got news from my source, that crucial components, Hydraulic ST-R9120 / BR-R9170 Flat Mount setup, won't be available in Europe till late march or april 2017. :unbelievable:

Delorre

by Delorre

tomyboy123 wrote:Just got news from my source, that crucial components, Hydraulic ST-R9120 / BR-R9170 Flat Mount setup, won't be available in Europe till late march or april 2017. :unbelievable:

According to R2-bike, it will be available in december. Other sites state 'unknown'. Rather frustrating :evil:

tomyboy123

by tomyboy123

Delorre wrote:
tomyboy123 wrote:Just got news from my source, that crucial components, Hydraulic ST-R9120 / BR-R9170 Flat Mount setup, won't be available in Europe till late march or april 2017. :unbelievable:

According to R2-bike, it will be available in december. Other sites state 'unknown'. Rather frustrating :evil:

Don't believe R2 nothing. They are changing dates and mouth like they please, totally unreliable.
I have this information from two different sources in Slovenia and Austria, direct from EU Shimano availability stocks. It said 15-17 week of 2017. :noidea: :unbelievable:
Could be wrong, but it definitely looks like next year for general public, regarding new DA Di2 and Hydraulic.

Or I will have to open the NEW box which is laying in the basement, from my friend to be sold with ST-RS685+BR-RS805 combo, for 1/3 of the price.......... :doh:

tomyboy123

by tomyboy123

cdtf

by cdtf

tomyboy123 wrote:
Delorre wrote:

Don't believe R2 nothing. They are changing dates and mouth like they please, totally unreliable.
I have this information from two different sources in Slovenia and Austria, direct from EU Shimano availability stocks. It said 15-17 week of 2017. :noidea: :unbelievable:
Could be wrong, but it definitely looks like next year for general public, regarding new DA Di2 and Hydraulic.

Or I will have to open the NEW box which is laying in the basement, from my friend to be sold with ST-RS685+BR-RS805 combo, for 1/3 of the price.......... :doh:

Can confirm that R2 Bike is not to be believed with dates.

I love them and buy most of my stuff from them. But as an exemple, Enve bits were to be available in September. Then November. Now, it's April 2017.

I contacted Enve, who told me they do not have german distributors as of now.

So great service, great choice, and prices, but do not place an order on an "out of stock" item.

tomyboy123

by tomyboy123

Finally, Spline with external nippels. :thumbup:

tomyboy123

by tomyboy123

To be continued in 2017.... :cry:

TonyM

by TonyM

Love the color!!!!!!

robobiking

by robobiking

That is super nice, bravo :up:
https://robobiking.wordpress.com/
Test & Story Blog for all kind of cycling stuff

Cannondale F600 tuned (9kg)

motorapido

by motorapido

Nice build, love the attention to detail and the colour scheme.
What colour cable outers are you going for ?

tomyboy123

by tomyboy123

motorapido wrote:Nice build, love the attention to detail and the colour scheme.
What colour cable outers are you going for ?

Thanks. :beerchug:
Well, with Shimano hydraulic brake hose, black is your only option and that is fine by me.
Wouldn't dare to choose any other color than black, with this combo. Already wheelset stickers are pushing it, but I just didn't have the heart, to cover them all up...:wink:

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com