622 SLX has arrived

Who are you (no off-topic talk please)

Moderators: MrCurrieinahurry, maxim809, Moderator Team

jrobart

by jrobart

Planned to pick her up tomorrow, but got home earlier than planned and knew I wouldn't be able to sleep tonight if I didn't go get her!

Maiden voyage and better pictures coming tomorrow. Build includes:

Seven Cycles 622 SLX Frame
Enve tapered fork
Dura Ace Di2 shifters, mechs and brakes
Dura Ace 12-28 Cassette
Dura Ace 9000 crankset (172.5)
Dura Ace HG 900 chain
Speedplay Zero pedals
Zipp Contour SL bars (44)
Zipp Service Course stem (120)
Zipp Service Course seatpost
Specialized Romin Pro saddle (155)
LW Meilenstein Schwarz Tubulars
Vittoria Corsa CX 25 tubs

IMG_0529.JPG
IMG_0532.JPG
IMG_0530.JPG

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Current: Seven 622 SLX | Seven OVRLND XX | Fondriest Carbon Magister | Yeti SB100 |
Retired: Litespeed T5G | Seven Axiom SL| Seven Mudhoney SL|S Works Crux |Fat CAAD 1 |

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

fa63

by fa63

Looks great; well done :thumbup:

Made me miss my Elium SLX which I sold about a year ago...

McGilli

by McGilli

NICE!

That's the frame I was looking at a few months ago before I decided to go full titanium instead - but I still think it's one of the sexiest frames available. Enjoy!

kgt

by kgt

Nice! It deserves better photos.

Kumppa

by Kumppa

Very nice! Waiting better pictures from a frame.

KCookie

by KCookie

Looks awesome, bet you can't wait to ride it. Better pics and weight please. Also once ridden can you tell me how those tyres are as I've got some as spares. Cheers. !!

jrobart

by jrobart

Well, I felt like a little kid on Christmas morning today. Was it too early to get up? Too early to ride without lights? Do I really have to eat before I get to play?
Eventually, I just thought I've got to go! And the bike didn't disappoint. In fact, I've had this smile on my face for the last few hours that I just can't get rid of.

The carbon tubes, ti lugs and chain stays delivered exactly what I was hoping for. The bike was responsive (certainly more so than my Axiom SL), but not in a twitchy or harsh way. As I am nursing a badly torn labrum in my left shoulder and have very little strength in that are, I was a little anxious about how it would handle with the stiffened front end (44m headtube)

Current: Seven 622 SLX | Seven OVRLND XX | Fondriest Carbon Magister | Yeti SB100 |
Retired: Litespeed T5G | Seven Axiom SL| Seven Mudhoney SL|S Works Crux |Fat CAAD 1 |

jrobart

by jrobart

Hit send before finishing:

Anyway...

The Di2 performed, well as flawlessly as Di2 performs. I've been a Campy guy for a long time so this was a big jump for me to move to Dura Ace, but after this morning's ride there are absolutely no regrets!

And then there are the wheels. I know that there are many LW lovers on WW as well as LW haters. Put me firmly in the lover category. The wheels just disappear under you, and while they may not be aero by today's standards, I thought they held speed remarkably well. This morning was pretty windy with consistent 20 mph winds and I wondered how they would handle in the cross winds. Sure I had to pay a bit more attention than I do on my Enve 3.4s (particularly when descending at speed), but I didn't find them to be the challenge that some have complained of.

As pictured, she weighs in at 15.06 pounds with cages and the Garmin mount.

A few pictures after this morning's ride:

[ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

jrobart

by jrobart

A few more full shot pics

ImageImageImage

Kumppa

by Kumppa

Cool pictures. UD tubes looks more elegant than 3k.

bencolem

by bencolem

Lovely. I'd just take a black permanent marker to the tubulars to black them out then bingo, beautiful bike!

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

bluebianchi

by bluebianchi

Good morning! Super beautiful. I am in the process of building one myself. I was just wondering if I could ask you a question? Can you tell me length of your head tube top tube and your top tube angle? Just for aesthetic reasons.