New on the block. My new build. What Colnago is this?

Who are you (no off-topic talk please)

Moderators: MrCurrieinahurry, maxim809, Moderator Team

OhJeebus

by OhJeebus

Hi everyone,

I'm new to this board and forums in general. Excited to post my new build here to share with everyone.

Was wondering if anyone with some experience can tell me what year/model a Colnago I picked up recently is?

It's not the original paint so I'm thinking technically it could be something else.
Attachments
rsz_s-l1600.jpg
rsz_s-l16001.jpg

anquetil

by anquetil

This is Master with painted fork.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

KB

by KB

I'm pretty sure it's a steel Master. The fork also looks steel as well. Both look authentic.

fitty4

by fitty4

I´m guessing 85, it is a pure guess, my friend from school (8th grade) had a colnago which he rode for years, it didn´t have the have the adjust screws at the rear wheel but also I can´t remember the model, this was around 87, I think they went away from the adjust screws on the road bikes...I think

Calnago
In Memoriam

by Calnago

Hmmm... l don't know but I think it's much newer than '85. They didn't even have threadless forks back then, and this one has derailleur cable stops for ergo shifters as opposed to downtube shifters. Might even be one of the "reintroduced" classics. Not sure why anyone would paint over the beautiful chrome stays however, unless they were in very rough shape. But the repaint looks to be a good match as the creamy white seems to match very well the white of the paneled decals on the downtube and seattube. And the decals look to be pretty complete and original, even the "warning" decal by the brazeon. But I don't know... I would have thought the newer ones would not have the cutout BB. So perhaps an older frame with a replacement threadless fork, which contradicts me first sentence thinking it was much newer than '85. Is there a serial number etched on it anywhere?
Colnago C64 - The Naked Build; Colnago C60 - PR99; Trek Koppenberg - Where Emonda and Domane Meet;
Unlinked Builds (searchable): Colnago C59 - 5 Years Later; Trek Emonda SL Campagnolo SR; Special Colnago EPQ

fitty4

by fitty4

You are right calnago, should be a number near the rear derailleur mount

garjo

by garjo

It's a Master Piu' frame (1987/88) with a Precisa Nivacrom fork from late '90s
My 4,93 kg Supersix Evo HM: viewtopic.php?f=10&t=137647&start=30

My 6,22 kg Cannondale R500 1996: viewtopic.php?f=10&t=134364

OhJeebus

by OhJeebus

You gentlemen are gods! Great eyes.

Ok now I feel a lot better it's actually a real Colnago Master.

Calnago - might be sacrilegious to admit but as you mentioned...I absolutely love and prefer the complete repaint. The color looks even better in person, just pops.

Found the serial number at the quick release drop outs.
Attachments
rsz_20161015_124612.jpg
rsz_20161015_124657.jpg

Calnago
In Memoriam

by Calnago

What does the Columbus tubing sticker say? Closeup pic? Even though I'm sure it's a replacement sticker, whoever had it painted looks as though they wanted an authentic job, so I don't think they would have applied a sticker indicating a tubing that is not that bike. Just curious what it is. Thanks.
Colnago C64 - The Naked Build; Colnago C60 - PR99; Trek Koppenberg - Where Emonda and Domane Meet;
Unlinked Builds (searchable): Colnago C59 - 5 Years Later; Trek Emonda SL Campagnolo SR; Special Colnago EPQ

OhJeebus

by OhJeebus

You got it :) I'm more than happy to learn more about this bike
Attachments
rsz_20161015_135543.jpg

kgt

by kgt

garjo wrote:It's a Master Piu' frame (1987/88) with a Precisa Nivacrom fork from late '90s

+1
It looks great as it is IMO. I would add a Campagnolo groupset (no Shimano, no Sram please), italian seat post and cockpit and Hyperon wheels.
It will look nothing short of amazing!

OhJeebus

by OhJeebus

kgt wrote:
garjo wrote:It's a Master Piu' frame (1987/88) with a Precisa Nivacrom fork from late '90s

+1
It looks great as it is IMO. I would add a Campagnolo groupset (no Shimano, no Sram please), italian seat post and cockpit and Hyperon wheels.
It will look nothing short of amazing!

Already have in hands 2015 Campy Record mech groupset, Record seatpost, and Shamal Ultras with dark labels.

Still deciding between Deda 35 bars/stem or 3T stealth Ergonova bar/stem combo.

Planning to put DA 9000 on a future project though :D - likely a C40/C59/C60

mrgray

by mrgray

no! pls god no. not the DA crank!!!!!!!
Bobo S&S Steel Bike - 7.5 kg
Oltre XR2- 6.6 kg
Look 585 - 6.8 kg
Look 695 SR :D

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

kgt

by kgt

OhJeebus wrote:Already have in hands 2015 Campy Record mech groupset, Record seatpost, and Shamal Ultras with dark labels.

:thumbup: