Which 1 inch carbon fork?

Who are you (no off-topic talk please)

Moderators: MrCurrieinahurry, maxim809, Moderator Team

keeponrolling

by keeponrolling

Hi. Advice please. I am attempting to refurbish an early 1990s titanium Geoff Wiles frame. It has an original Time carbon fork which I'd quite like to replace with something a bit newer. The difficulty being that it needs a 1 inch steerer and these are hard to come by. I have found new ones by Tifosi and Colombus both of which get ok but not excellent reviews. Does anyone have any other recommendations or advice?

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

garjo

by garjo

Good 1 inch threadless carbon fork are look hsc, mizuno fiandre, mizuno alpe d'huez(threaded)
My 4,93 kg Supersix Evo HM: viewtopic.php?f=10&t=137647&start=30

My 6,22 kg Cannondale R500 1996: viewtopic.php?f=10&t=134364

McGilli

by McGilli

keeponrolling wrote:Hi. Advice please. I am attempting to refurbish an early 1990s titanium Geoff Wiles frame. It has an original Time carbon fork which I'd quite like to replace with something a bit newer. The difficulty being that it needs a 1 inch steerer and these are hard to come by. I have found new ones by Tifosi and Colombus both of which get ok but not excellent reviews. Does anyone have any other recommendations or advice?

You should post this in the road parts forum - you might get more responses - this is for introducing yourself and posting pictures of your bike.

Geoff

by Geoff

Oh, and don't forget geometry in your travels...

keeponrolling

by keeponrolling

garjo - thank you. I'll take a look at that.

McGilli - Thanks. Noted. I'll start it up over there and will hopefully learn my way around soon!

Geoff - I intend to keep the geometry pretty similar to the current frame/fork set up. Thanks.

Daddy yo yo

by Daddy yo yo

Do you need a threaded or threadless steerer? Reynolds Ouzo (out of production) and Columbus Minimal come to my mind. And I would have a look at Ritchey and Easton...
My contribution to more beautiful roads: - old - / - new -

rheosibal

by rheosibal

wound up
Instagram: joserheo

|| Mosaic RT-1 || Cannondale Evo || Cannondale CAAD10 ||

bm0p700f
in the industry

by bm0p700f

Columbus minimal is the weight weenie choice. 329g uncut and it is fine fork.

michel2

by michel2

i was very happy with my Columbus fork i think it was called a minimal..not sure i sold it with the Merckx i fitted it in.very light 300 grams and nicely complainant

victorduraace

by victorduraace

Look HSC/ Mizuno, Columbus etc. Hard to find nos ones but worth it

jkzy

by jkzy

I had the same issue awhile back.
My experience was with threadless so if that's also what you are looking for, here are some options:

Columbus Minimal - full carbon steerer, still in production
Difficult to find - but possible on ebay: Alpha Q, Look HSC, Mizuno Fiandre (lightest)
I was looking for a straight bladed one - Woundup is pretty much the only option with the right rake. The all-black fork crown one looks really sweet.
Origin 8 - Synergy, I'll be wary of the claimed weight esp since its an alu steerer tube but its also a straight bladed 1 inch fork.

Finally, if you are not fussed about rake, the cheaper options are forks like the All City Big Block track fork

Wingnut

by Wingnut

I would just go with a Columbus Minimal if it was me or a Reynolds Ouzo Pro, see a few on eBay...

mariovalentim

by mariovalentim

as an ex-user of a 1" threaded carbon wound up I can say that this fork is awesome! a lil bit heavy since the steerer is steel, but if you go threadless they offer an all carbon version.

keeponrolling

by keeponrolling

Hi All,

Thanks for your replies. I had to shelve this rebuild while I saved up. Life hit me with a few other expenses and before you know it the savings are gone too. I've got some Hunt wheels on order and I'll have to roll with the Time fork for the time being. Here's hoping santa can help with the new fork come Christmas! I need to check the rake is right for the Columbus Minimal but it seems to be the one to go for.

Thanks again and Keep on Rolling

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

WinterRider

by WinterRider

keeponrolling wrote:Hi. Advice please. I am attempting to refurbish an early 1990s titanium Geoff Wiles frame. It has an original Time carbon fork which I'd quite like to replace with something a bit newer. The difficulty being that it needs a 1 inch steerer and these are hard to come by. I have found new ones by Tifosi and Colombus both of which get ok but not excellent reviews. Does anyone have any other recommendations or advice?

Be interested in hearing about the bike itself.
Litespeed 2000 Appalachian 61 cm
Litespeed 1998 Blue Ridge 61cm

Fitness rider.. 1 yr from seven decades age.

That is my story and I'm stick'n to it.