Colnago C60

Who are you (no off-topic talk please)

Moderators: MrCurrieinahurry, maxim809, Moderator Team

Heavyhitter

by Heavyhitter

https://www.dropbox.com/s/pxy3zkzzgokuuxt/Photo%2016-10-06%2016%2057%2011.jpg?dl=0Hi ,

I've been lurking for quite some time and now I've decided to join you and to present you my ride

P.s. Sorry I posted on the wrong forum topic

Build

Lightweight gen 4
Colnago C60 50s
Dash strike 9 saddle
Mcfk seatpost
Dura-ace di2
Dura-ace pedal
Absolute black chainring
4iiii powermeter
Deda superleggero/leggera cockpit (soon to be Mcfk)
Tune u20 quick release
Climber shifter
Garmin 820 with race ware mount
Veloflex arenberg

Weight with pedal and Garmin 6,72 kilos

https://www.dropbox.com/s/pxy3zkzzgokuu ... 1.jpg?dl=0
Attachments
IMG_0490.JPG

kgt

by kgt

Nice but why this saddle and these chainrings... :/

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

liam7020

by liam7020

Looks like a stunning machine but it needs better photographs - maybe pull it out of the undergrowth and find a nice plain wall, preferably on a slightly overcast day! Snaps aside congrats on a lovely bike.
Tarmac SL6 & Campag Record EPS https://weightweenies.starbike.com/foru ... 0&t=153968

"Sometimes you don't need a plan. You just need big balls." Tom Boonen

Heavyhitter

by Heavyhitter

Thank you. I will take a better photos tonight.

As for the saddle I just find it the most comfortable on earth and it's a work of art when you see it in the flesh.

The chainring, I'm just experimenting with it I love the feeling so far

Kayrehn

by Kayrehn

kgt wrote:Nice but why this saddle and these chainrings... :/

I think kgt was referring to the choice of colours for the saddle and chainrings. A touch of colour on smaller components like hubs can add to a white frame, but the red is pretty glaring especially for items that already stands out visually like the saddle and chainring. I do find it a bit strong as well for a Colnago.

Heavyhitter

by Heavyhitter

Kayrehn wrote:
kgt wrote:Nice but why this saddle and these chainrings... :/

I think kgt was referring to the choice of colours for the saddle and chainrings. A touch of colour on smaller components like hubs can add to a white frame, but the red is pretty glaring especially for items that already stands out visually like the saddle and chainring. I do find it a bit strong as well for a Colnago.

I get your point. To each is own:). I'll try to switch just to compare .

kgt

by kgt

This saddle is one of the ugliest saddles ever made but if that is the 'most comfortable on earth' for Heavyhitter then it's... ok.

ak47

by ak47

The saddle, bartape and chainrings are definitely not my choice, but other than that that's a superb machine. Please post more higher quality pictures of it.

Heavyhitter

by Heavyhitter

I took a quick one who is better quality from this morning

https://www.dropbox.com/s/4ktu0sxtvymrl ... 9.jpg?dl=0

Calnago
In Memoriam

by Calnago

I'm sorry, I want to like it, but I can't. Three things just have to go... I don't think I need to say what they are. And that's not even including the seatpost. And that chainring is anything but Absolute Black. And oh my, the saddle... I would feel "dirty" just sitting on that saddle.
Often, less is more, and in this case... much less. Good thing is, it's all salvageable.
Colnago C64 - The Naked Build; Colnago C60 - PR99; Trek Koppenberg - Where Emonda and Domane Meet;
Unlinked Builds (searchable): Colnago C59 - 5 Years Later; Trek Emonda SL Campagnolo SR; Special Colnago EPQ

McGilli

by McGilli

Excellent!

I would take that saddle and chainring any day. In particular the saddle is quite beautiful. I use a Fizik Tritone on my TT bike so I'm a fan of that style saddle :) and in that colour it's awesome, I'd never heard of those before and just looked them up. Very tempting. I'd love to try one.

:thumbup: for showing me something different.

:thumbup: for going for comfort instead of whatever most other people think your bike should look like.

If your bike inspires YOU to ride - then it's perfect just the way it is!

Calnago
In Memoriam

by Calnago

Well there ya go, one man's ugly is another man's beautiful. I accept that. And I'm certainly not and never would say to sacrifice comfort in order to satisfy someone else's aesthetic tastes. Never. So if that's the only saddle you like and get on with, then so be it. But red... I still feel "dirty". In a Vegas kinda way.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
Colnago C64 - The Naked Build; Colnago C60 - PR99; Trek Koppenberg - Where Emonda and Domane Meet;
Unlinked Builds (searchable): Colnago C59 - 5 Years Later; Trek Emonda SL Campagnolo SR; Special Colnago EPQ

McGilli

by McGilli

Calnago wrote:I still feel "dirty". In a Vegas kinda way.

But what happens in Vegas... Stays in Vegas so no one would ever know ;)

Calnago
In Memoriam

by Calnago

Ha! Well, you would think... but somehow this got out. :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Heavyhitter

by Heavyhitter

McGilli wrote:Excellent!

I would take that saddle and chainring any day. In particular the saddle is quite beautiful. I use a Fizik Tritone on my TT bike so I'm a fan of that style saddle :) and in that colour it's awesome, I'd never heard of those before and just looked them up. Very tempting. I'd love to try one.

:thumbup: for showing me something different.

:thumbup: for going for comfort instead of whatever most other people think your bike should look like.

If your bike inspires YOU to ride - then it's perfect just the way it is!

Thank you sir. Those saddles are incredible. 108 grams with padding

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com