Custom Supersix Evo 6.25kg (Updated Page 2)

Who are you (no off-topic talk please)

Moderators: MrCurrieinahurry, maxim809, Moderator Team

JoeFlan

by JoeFlan

Finally getting a chance to post my 2013 Cannondale Super Six Evo
My previous bike was this Focus Izalco Pro, but it was sadly crashed in a circuit race and cracked one of the seat stays.
http://weightweenies.starbike.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=10&t=127495&start=15

All of the parts from the Focus were transferred over to the new frame set, but I did upgrade a couple of the parts.

Frame: Cannondale Supersix Evo 972g with PF30 BB
Fork: Cannondale Supersix Evo 379g
Crankset: Sram Red Exogram + Stages Power Meter 552g
Seat: Selle Italia SLR
Seatpost: 3T Dorico LTD
Stem: Thomson X2 120mm
Bar: FSA Wing Pro 40cm
Brakes: Planet X CNC
Front derailleur: Sram Red Black Edition
Rear derailleur: Sram Red 10 speed
Shifters: 2013 Sram Red 10 speed
Cassette: Sram Red 11-28T

I have a little over 1000 miles on it and have really enjoyed it.
I really do not like red so I cut black decals to cover the big red logos on this frame.
One issue I have with it is it does not fit Hed Belgium Plus Rims in the back. I have tried it with 27mm Vittoria Paves and the wheel could not even spin, so I put a 23mm Vittoria Open Corsa Cx the clearance was also too tight to ride. So if anyone is interested in purchasing one of these frames just be aware that the tire clearance is not very big.

When it was just built up with a different wheel set and different shifters the weight was 6630g here is a picture of that setup
With the lightweight aluminum wheels it should be under 6.5kg
Last edited by JoeFlan on Wed Mar 07, 2018 5:28 am, edited 2 times in total.
Current Steed
Supersix Evo 6.25kg
CAAD10 6.8kg
Giant TCR SLR 6.8kg
Past Lovers
Focus Izalco Pro
Cervelo S1

Tam

by Tam

JoeFlan,
Flash bike.
Sorry to hear about the tyre clearance issue.
I have a 2015 supersix HM. I am running H+Son Archetypes with Conti GP4000s 25m - there's about 4mm clearance on the rear.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

scottmmw

by scottmmw

Liking the slammed stem!

CultofCaad

by CultofCaad

Very very nice...

Inviato dal mio SM-G920F utilizzando Tapatalk

JoeFlan

by JoeFlan

The tire clearance is still an issue for me but its tough to find another bike that matches this performance, price, and weight.

Although these wheels are pretty light, they do not help the situation, because they are pretty flexy under load.

If anyone has any recommendations for either of these, feel free to let me know.
Current Steed
Supersix Evo 6.25kg
CAAD10 6.8kg
Giant TCR SLR 6.8kg
Past Lovers
Focus Izalco Pro
Cervelo S1

superdx

by superdx

Wow, you mentioned that you cut logos to cover the red up? How did you manage to do that? It looks machine perfect.

JoeFlan

by JoeFlan

I first traced the logos, then cleaned up the edges because it such an odd shape to trace on. Then I cut out the logo with the tracing paper taped to the vinyl. Applying the decals was pretty difficult but I made the logos slightly wider to have a bit of wiggle room.
Current Steed
Supersix Evo 6.25kg
CAAD10 6.8kg
Giant TCR SLR 6.8kg
Past Lovers
Focus Izalco Pro
Cervelo S1

Beaver

by Beaver

JoeFlan wrote:The tire clearance is still an issue for me but its tough to find another bike that matches this performance, price, and weight.

Although these wheels are pretty light, they do not help the situation, because they are pretty flexy under load.

If anyone has any recommendations for either of these, feel free to let me know.

Hi, I also own a 1st gen. Evo and the tire clearance is really a shame. You have to stick with a real tire (and rim) width of 25mm. I don't know how much you want to spend but e.g. Fulcrum Racing Quattro Carbon (real weigt 1.495gr) would be a nice solid and fast choice. Look for 25mm outer and 17 or 18mm inner width and use 22/23mm tires, so that rim and tire have the same width.

If you just want to change the rims, maybe these are an option:
http://www.light-bicycle.com/carbon-700 ... rface.html

JoeFlan

by JoeFlan

Race bike turned rain bike
Thinking about picking up a pair of fenders with a little more coverage, but these lasted last season, they just weren't perfect.
Current Steed
Supersix Evo 6.25kg
CAAD10 6.8kg
Giant TCR SLR 6.8kg
Past Lovers
Focus Izalco Pro
Cervelo S1

reedplayer

by reedplayer

first, sorry for your izalco, great bikes, i myself have one and love it.
but your super six looks great, picture above, with the deep wheelset-fantastic!

i have a question for all: its a standard mod, isnt it? frame seems to be too heavy for a hi mod and too light for a standard mod. although the inner brake cable confuses me, i always thought, standard mods have break cable outside.
or is there one more type between himod and standard mod?
thanks for short info, regards

JoeFlan

by JoeFlan

Yea I really enjoyed riding the Focus Izalco Pro, still have it just incase I want to get it repaired.

This is the Supersix EVO, which is 1 step below the Supersix Evo HiMod, and above the regular Supersix.

Before 2012 the Supersix evo had external rear brake cable routing, then they switched to internal for 2012 and 2013 (My frame), then they switched back to external for the following years.
Current Steed
Supersix Evo 6.25kg
CAAD10 6.8kg
Giant TCR SLR 6.8kg
Past Lovers
Focus Izalco Pro
Cervelo S1

Fabianinduplo

by Fabianinduplo

JoeFlan wrote:Yea I really enjoyed riding the Focus Izalco Pro, still have it just incase I want to get it repaired.

This is the Supersix EVO, which is 1 step below the Supersix Evo HiMod, and above the regular Supersix.

Before 2012 the Supersix evo had external rear brake cable routing, then they switched to internal for 2012 and 2013 (My frame), then they switched back to external for the following years.

Hi! Just stumbled upon this thread. Nice ride. Did we ride together in San Francisco back in July? I'm the German guy who had his De Rosa King3 with him.

oreoboreo

by oreoboreo

A few of your pictures look like Portland Oregon? Nice looking EVO!
Let's finish the ride with a 20% grade.

2011 Scott Addict R1 DA 7900 Matt black
2012 Scott CR1 Pro Ultegra 6700
2015 Specialized SWorks Tarmac Da 9000
2016 Specialized SWorks Tarmac DA 9100

JoeFlan

by JoeFlan

Fabianinduplo wrote:Hi! Just stumbled upon this thread. Nice ride. Did we ride together in San Francisco back in July? I'm the German guy who had his De Rosa King3 with him.

Yepp, that was me!

oreoboreo wrote:A few of your pictures look like Portland Oregon? Nice looking EVO!

Yes, I am in Portland during the school year, and San Francisco during the summer, so frequently there are pictures from both places.
Current Steed
Supersix Evo 6.25kg
CAAD10 6.8kg
Giant TCR SLR 6.8kg
Past Lovers
Focus Izalco Pro
Cervelo S1

JoeFlan

by JoeFlan

A quick snap after building it back up with race wheels
Current Steed
Supersix Evo 6.25kg